Tax Data Technology Management - Senior Consultant
Tax technology. A year-round, global need.
Do you have a passion to dig in and help pioneer new technology-enabled methods and processes for some of the largest corporate entities in the world? Our team works on the cutting edge building and delivering the next generation of tax applications and services to clients. We're looking for the very best individuals who thrive on what's possible.
What you'll do
As a Senior Consultant in our Tax Management Consulting (TMC) – Tax Data Management group, you will be responsible for design, analysis, development, implementation, and deployment of new, data-driven, web-based applications as well as providing support for existing systems, broken out thusly:
% of Time
Duties and Responsibilities
Project team supervision/delegation & review of tasks
Leading design and architecture activities
Additional responsibilities will include:
- Develop and maintain the software framework and services using the .NET framework and Microsoft technologies.
- Closely work with business analysts and other stakeholders to understand client needs and technical requirements to create architecture and design for solution.
- Review requirements and assess the work effort and estimate the necessary time-to-completion.
- Evaluate new technologies.
- Create unit test plans and scenarios for development unit testing.
- Work with peers to carry out code reviews and unit testing of new development.
- Document new development procedures, or test plans as needed.
- Interact with other development teams to ensure a consistent, uniform approach to software development.
- Closely follow software development best practices to maximize the predictability and success of project(s).
- Communicate professionally and effectively with internal and external stakeholders.
- Prepare technical design documents.
- Support system testing by following up on and closing defect tickets in a timely manner.
- Deploy all integration artifacts to a testing and other environments.
Deloitte's TMC group helps our clients' tax departments improve their operations by developing new technology-enabled, cutting-edge methods and processes. Deloitte TMC professionals are aligned across our global network of member firms to address our clients' objectives in a seamless fashion. Deloitte TMC teams include industry, tax, organizational change, technology, and co-sourcing specialists who help connect our clients' global strategies and the options that exist to turn theory into an executable plan. Learn more about Deloitte Tax Management Consulting.
The Tax Data Management & Analytics (TDMA) practice within TMC offers a full solution of tax-based process and technology services (including product implementations) to enhance a corporate tax department's ability to deliver value-added contributions to its organizations. The scope of services includes the design and implementation of multiple advanced analytics technology and data management solutions utilizing many data modeling solutions to integrate our process, third-party solution sets, and technology services targeting corporate tax departments.
- Bachelor's degree in business information systems, computer science, or similar degree
- 5+ years of web development experience in Microsoft technologies; experience in .Net 4.5 or higher, SharePoint, ASP.NET MVC, JQuery, AngularJS, SPA Development, SQL Server, OOP, XML/XSLT/XPATH, ADO.NET, Entity Framework, C#, VB.NET, Web Services and Windows Service
- Strong design skills and the ability to fully understand and define scope of technical software projects
- Experience with Visual Studio 2012 and later, Source Control – TFS / VSTS, and SQL Server 2012 and later
- Extensive, real-world experience designing enterprise software and defining technology architectures (UML, design patterns, SOA, etc.)
- Experience working in multiple projects simultaneously
- Experience with multitier system development and integration with other external systems
- Experience working with teams in disparate geographic locations
- Experience providing technical solution support for RFP and proposal efforts
- Software prototyping experience
- Demonstrated self-starter with the ability to set the direction with little or no oversight
- Experience with software development life cycle (SDLC) methodologies
- Deep understanding of design patterns, architectural patterns, build automation, automated testing and continuous development, and integration processes
- Experience with database design, querying, stored procedures, views, joins, performance management, etc.
- Experience with Excel VBA
- Excellent analytic problem-solving and critical-thinking skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Able to work independently and within a team of developers to deliver end-to-end web/windows solutions for moderate to complex projects in a fast paced environment
- Ability to travel up to 70%
- Experience developing SharePoint applications using out-of-the box SharePoint technologies and custom code
- A relevant advanced degree
- Tax industry experience
- Prior Big 4 experience
How you'll grow
We take pride in our culture and celebrate individuals by recognizing their uniqueness. As a commitment to our people, we offer well-being programs and provide our professionals opportunities for support and flexibility to make daily choices that can help them to be healthy, centered, confident, and aware. This supportive culture helps enable our people to do their best work every day. Learn more about Life at Deloitte.
Requisition code: E18DALTSRCJD004-TMC
See Inside the Office of Deloitte
Back to top