Tax Data Technology Management - Manager
Tax technology. A year-round, global need.
Are you a leader with a passion to dig in and help pioneer new technology-enabled methods and processes for some of the largest corporate entities in the world? Our team works on the cutting edge building and delivering the next generation of tax applications and services to clients. We're looking for the very best individuals who thrive on what's possible.
What you'll do
As a Manager in our Tax Management Consulting (TMC) – Tax Data Management group, you will work on either business or architecture initiatives. When working on business initiatives, you will be responsible for leading and coordinating projects, ensuring that software development lifecycle activities are consistent with the direction set by the standards; you may also spend a significant amount of time on development activities, and will participate in team meetings and communicate appropriate project status. When working on architecture initiatives, you will be part of a team working on highly-technical initiatives. Additional responsibilities include:
- Tool research, tool evaluation, documenting patterns and standards, defining technology strategy, technology evaluation and recommendation, and mentoring developers through hands-on assistance as well as formal and informal training.
- Work on multiple tasks and initiatives concurrently.
- Design and architect scalable, distributed web applications, web/windows services and cloud based applications.
- Design/develop critical framework components/reusable modules.
- Produce detailed timeline for each application release and implement effective project control by monitoring the progress of the software release.
- Ensure the consistency and maintainability of existing applications by creating, maintaining, and enforcing standards/procedures for implementing technical solutions.
- Evaluate new technologies.
- Communicate professionally and effectively to clients, management, and other business teams.
- Showcase strong teambuilding and interpersonal skills.
- Maintain, improve, and optimize our software offerings and development processes.
- Maintain and adhere to set of development and quality standards.
- Establish and execute automated build as well automated testing procedures.
- Implement, monitor, and manage end-to-end DevOps with industry-leading platforms, standards, and practices.
- Drive on-time delivery along with high quality standards.
Deloitte's TMC group helps our clients' tax departments improve their operations by developing new technology-enabled, cutting-edge methods and processes. Deloitte TMC professionals are aligned across our global network of member firms to address our clients' objectives in a seamless fashion. Deloitte TMC teams include industry, tax, organizational change, technology, and co-sourcing specialists who help connect our clients' global strategies and the options that exist to turn theory into an executable plan. Learn more about Deloitte Tax Management Consulting.
The Tax Data Management & Analytics (TDMA) practice within TMC offers a full solution of tax-based process and technology services (including product implementations) to enhance a corporate tax department's ability to deliver value-added contributions to its organizations. The scope of services includes the design and implementation of multiple advanced analytics technology and data management solutions utilizing many data modeling solutions to integrate our process, third-party solution sets, and technology services targeting corporate tax departments.
- Bachelor's degree in business information systems, computer science, or similar degree
- 7+ years of web development experience in Microsoft technologies; experience in .Net 4.5 or higher, SharePoint, ASP.NET MVC, JQuery, AngularJS, SPA Development, SQL Server, OOP, XML/XSLT/XPATH, ADO.NET, Entity Framework, C#, VB.NET, Web Services and Windows Service
- 5+ years' experience as a technology manager providing technical leadership / guidance / mentorship (direction setting and articulating, consensus building, conflict mediation, etc.)
- Experience developing SharePoint applications using out-of-the box SharePoint technologies and custom code
- Good understanding of SharePoint Object Model, administration, and configuration
- Experience in SharePoint Online, Azure/Azure AD
- Experience with Visual Studio 2012 and later, Source Control – TFS / VSTS, and SQL Server 2012 and later
- Experience with database design, querying, stored procedures, views, joins, performance management, etc.
- Experience with Excel VBA
- Extensive, real-world experience designing enterprise software and defining technology architectures (UML, design patterns, SOA, etc.)
- Experience overseeing multiple projects and multi-tier system development
- Experience working with teams in disparate geographic locations
- Comfortable in a fast-pace environment
- Software prototyping experience
- Demonstrated self-starter with the ability to set the direction with little or no oversight
- Able to take high-level direction, formulate a plan to achieve goals, and execute the plan
- Ability to fully understand and define scope of technical software projects
- Experience with Software Development Life Cycle methodologies
- Deep understanding of design patterns, architectural patterns, build automation, automated testing and continuous development, and integration processes
- Excellent analytic problem-solving and critical-thinking skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to travel up to 70%
- A relevant advanced degree
- Tax industry experience
- Prior Big 4 experience
How you'll grow
At Deloitte, our professional development plan focuses on helping people at every level of their career to identify and use their strengths to do their best work every day. From entry-level employees to senior leaders, we believe there's always room to learn. We offer opportunities to help sharpen skills in addition to hands-on experience in the global, fast-changing business world. From on-the-job learning experiences to formal development programs at Deloitte University, our professionals have a variety of opportunities to continue to grow throughout their career. Explore Deloitte University, The Leadership Center.
At Deloitte, we know that great people make a great organization. We value our people and offer employees a broad range of benefits. Learn more about what working at Deloitte can mean for you.
We take pride in our culture and celebrate individuals by recognizing their uniqueness. As a commitment to our people, we offer well-being programs and provide our professionals opportunities for support and flexibility to make daily choices that can help them to be healthy, centered, confident, and aware. This supportive culture helps enable our people to do their best work every day. Learn more about Life at Deloitte.
Deloitte is led by a purpose: to make an impact that matters. This purpose defines who we are and extends to relationships with our clients, our people and our communities. We believe that business has the power to inspire and transform. We focus on education, giving, skill-based volunteerism, and leadership to help drive positive social impact in our communities. Learn more about Deloitte's impact on the world.
We want job seekers exploring opportunities at Deloitte to feel prepared and confident. To help you with your interview, we suggest that you do your research: know some background about the organization and the business area you're applying to. Check out recruiting tips from Deloitte professionals.
Requisition code: E18DALTMGRJD005-TMC
See Inside the Office of Deloitte
One of the largest professional services organizations in the U.S., Deloitte delivers innovative solutions to the complex business problems facing companies around the world. Deloitte offers rewarding careers in four businesses—audit, tax, consulting, and financial advisory. Widely recognized for its inclusion initiatives, Deloitte is committed to building a workplace environment that allows people from all generations, ethnicities, and cultures to be their authentic selves.
Back to top