Job Title: Tax Accountant
Location/Department: Hermitage / U.S. Firms' Taxes
Job Role Overview: This role is part of the U.S. Firms' Taxes income tax compliance team.
Job Overview & Key Relationships: This position is involved in all stages of tax return preparation of Deloitte's federal, state & local income tax returns.
- Prepare schedules and working papers for the firm's partnership income tax returns, including all partner-related information (such as K-1 schedules, composite schedules, etc.).
- Assist in the preparation of the firm's federal, state, and local income tax returns, including composite non-resident income tax returns, and including all partner-related information (such as state income and tax allocations).
- Perform tax research as necessary regarding federal or state tax issues affecting the firm.
- Assist in analysis and calculation of required estimated tax payments.
- Assist with state and local tax audits, and correspond with state and local authorities regarding audit issues and/or tax notices.
- Review selected general ledger accounts on a monthly basis for appropriateness of tax accruals.
- Bachelor's degree required; Master's of Tax degree, CPA or eligibility to sit for CPA exam preferred.
- 0-3 years of experience with partnership aand/or corporate federal and state income tax.
- 0-3 years of public accounting experience preferred.
- Ability to use spreadsheet programs (Excel) required.
- Experience with tax computer software programs preferred (e.g., CCH ProSystem).
- Strong tax compliance skills preferred.
- Knowledge of multi-state apportionment preferred.
- Foreign tax compliance experience, general ledger background, and/or sales and use tax knowledge helpful.
- Strong verbal and written communications skills helpful.
Requisition code: E18HERSPARAH020-CL4
See Inside the Office of Deloitte
Back to top