Job Title: Tax Accountant
Location/Department: Hermitage / U.S. Firms' Taxes
Job Role Overview: This role is part of the U.S. Firms' Taxes income tax compliance team.
Job Overview & Key Relationships: This position is involved in all stages of tax return preparation of Deloitte's federal, state & local income tax returns.
- Prepare schedules and working papers for the firm's partnership income tax returns, including all partner-related information (such as K-1 schedules, composite schedules, etc.).
- Assist in the preparation of the firm's federal, state, and local income tax returns, including composite non-resident income tax returns, and including all partner-related information (such as state income and tax allocations).
- Perform tax research as necessary regarding federal or state tax issues affecting the firm.
- Assist in analysis and calculation of required estimated tax payments.
- Assist with state and local tax audits, and correspond with state and local authorities regarding audit issues and/or tax notices.
- Review selected general ledger accounts on a monthly basis for appropriateness of tax accruals.
- Bachelor's degree required; Master's of Tax degree, CPA or eligibility to sit for CPA exam preferred.
- 0-3 years of experience with partnership aand/or corporate federal and state income tax.
- 0-3 years of public accounting experience preferred.
- Ability to use spreadsheet programs (Excel) required.
- Experience with tax computer software programs preferred (e.g., CCH ProSystem).
- Strong tax compliance skills preferred.
- Knowledge of multi-state apportionment preferred.
- Foreign tax compliance experience, general ledger background, and/or sales and use tax knowledge helpful.
- Strong verbal and written communications skills helpful.
Requisition code: E18HERSPARAH020-CL4
See Inside the Office of Deloitte
One of the largest professional services organizations in the U.S., Deloitte delivers innovative solutions to the complex business problems facing companies around the world. Deloitte offers rewarding careers in four businesses—audit, tax, consulting, and financial advisory. Widely recognized for its inclusion initiatives, Deloitte is committed to building a workplace environment that allows people from all generations, ethnicities, and cultures to be their authentic selves.
Back to top