Systems Integration/Software Testing-Senior Manager
Are you a talented, detail oriented software testing professional, interested in working in a team atmosphere to create innovative solutions that solves our clients' most complex issues? Are you interested in creating elegant, effective solutions, while continually learning and expanding your skills?
Work you'll do
As a Senior Manager in our Testing Practice you will bring considerable technical, functional, and product expertise to deliver effective solutions to clients.
- Lead Testing engagement planning and budgeting; mobilize and manage engagement teams; define deliverable structure and content; facilitate buy-in of proposed solutions from top management levels at the client; direct on-time, quality delivery of work; manage engagement economics; manage engagement risk
- Manage day to day interactions with executive clients and sponsors
- Develop and maintain contact with top decision makers at key clients; organize and lead pursuit teams; participate and lead aspects of the proposal development process; contribute to the development of proposal pricing strategies
- Develop practical solutions and methodologies; develop "thoughtware" and "point-of-view" documents; participate in public speaking events; get published in industry periodicals
- Perform role of counselor and coach; provide input and guidance into the staffing process; actively participate in staff recruitment and retention activities; provide leadership and support for delivery teams and staff in local offices.
At Deloitte Consulting LLP, our systems integration specialists help clients manage the complexity inherent with technology change, from requirements planning to architecture, testing to deployment, and beyond, helping to link their IT programs to organizational goals. And we offer a complete range of industry-leading services, including systems development, solution and platform integration. Learn more about our Systems Integration practice.
Senior Managers in the Testing practice are required to have:
- 10 years of relevant consulting or industry experience
- Experience with selling and leading the delivery of large Testing programs in a global delivery model (>10 MM USD) across all phases of testing.
- Experience with leading large testing deals as a solution architect and ability to conceptualize and implement client Testing CoEs.
- Experience standing up, structuring and leading test teams of >20 testing resources to deliver complex project based and annuity testing efforts
- Experience with test consulting engagements and preparing business case for Testing CoEs
- Deep experience with either Healthcare, Public Sector or Financial Services industries.
- Knowledge of various testing tools across test management, automation and other specialized testing techniques.
- Demonstrated experience in being a thought-leader to the CIO or other senior IT/Business leaders around testing and QA.
- Experience with tracking and reporting SLAs and KPIs in a managed services testing engagement.
- Experience with implementing techniques such as Service Virtualization using CA, HP or IBM tools.
- Awareness and knowledge of test automation techniques and performance testing methodologies.
- A willingness to travel 80 - 100% of the time
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience
In addition, successful Managers will have the following preferred background:
- Testing Techniques – Understand the various approaches used in testing, including (e.g. desk checking), white-box (logic drive), black-box (requirements driven), load testing, coverage testing and regression testing.
- Technical expertise in implementing industry standard testing methodology and tools
- Experience implementing testing best practices specific to the test planning and execution processes and gaining buy-in for changes from executives
- Experience with enterprise applications such as Siebel, SAP, PeopleSoft, Oracle, and Salesforce
- Experience building a Testing Center of excellence
- A deep understanding of test planning and delivery challenges
How you'll grow
At Deloitte, our professional development plan focuses on helping people at every level of their career to identify and use their strengths to do their best work every day. From entry-level employees to senior leaders, we believe there's always room to learn. We offer opportunities to help sharpen skills in addition to hands-on experience in the global, fast-changing business world. From on-the-job learning experiences to formal development programs at Deloitte University, our professionals have a variety of opportunities to continue to grow throughout their career. Explore Deloitte University, The Leadership Center.
Our positive and supportive culture encourages our people to do their best work every day. We celebrate individuals by recognizing their uniqueness and offering them the flexibility to make daily choices that can help them to be healthy, centered, confident, and aware. We offer well-being programs and are continuously looking for new ways to maintain a culture where our people excel and lead healthy, happy lives. Learn more about Life at Deloitte.
We want job seekers exploring opportunities at Deloitte to feel prepared and confident. To help you with your interview, we suggest that you do your research: know some background about the organization and the business area you're applying to. Check out recruiting tips from Deloitte professionals.
Requisition code: E18SESCSRMAT401-T
See Inside the Office of Deloitte
Back to top