Systems Integration/Software Testing-Senior Consultant
Are you a talented, detail oriented software testing professional, interested in working in a team atmosphere to create innovative solutions that solves our clients' most complex issues? Are you interested in creating elegant, effective solutions, while continually learning and expanding your skills?
Work you'll do
As a Testing Senior Consultant you will bring considerable technical expertise to deliver effective solutions to clients.
- Being the lead person to interface between the clients and our Deloitte teams
- Helping to create testing solutions to meet clients' business needs.
- Leading the testing of our custom technology solutions
At Deloitte Consulting LLP, our systems integration specialists help clients manage the complexity inherent with technology change, from requirements planning to architecture, testing to deployment, and beyond, helping to link their IT programs to organizational goals. And we offer a complete range of industry-leading services, including systems development, solution and platform integration. Learn more about our Systems Integration practice.
Senior Consultants in the Testing practice are required to have:
- 4 years of relevant consulting or industry experience
- At least 2 years of leading Testing efforts, including experience with all phases of testing: System, Integration, User Acceptance and Performance Testing
- At least 2 years of experience with defining the testing strategy for large scale programs and ensuring requirements traceability throughout the system development lifecycle
- At least 2 years of experience overseeing the development of test plans, test scenarios, test cases, execution of test case and documentation of test results
- At least 2 years of experience with driving the quality assurance processes and gaining delivery buy-in from executive leadership
- At least 2 years of testing experience in different environments including one or more of the following client server, Services Oriented Architecture, Web based, Mainframe based and three tier architectures
- A willingness to travel 80 - 100% of the time
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience
In addition, successful Senior Consultants will have the following preferred background:
- Experience leading teams through analysis and delivery of IT Strategy initiatives
- Strong problem solving and troubleshooting skills with the ability to exercise mature judgment
- Eagerness to mentor and grow junior staff
- Testing Techniques – Understand the various approaches used in testing, including (e.g. desk checking), white-box (logic drive), black-box (requirements driven), load testing, coverage testing and regression testing.
- Technical expertise in implementing industry standard testing methodology and tools
- Experience implementing testing best practices specific to the test planning and execution processes and gaining buy-in for changes from executives
- Experience building a Testing Center of excellence
- A deep understanding of test planning and delivery challenges
How you'll grow
At Deloitte, our professional development plan focuses on helping people at every level of their career to identify and use their strengths to do their best work every day. From entry-level employees to senior leaders, we believe there's always room to learn. We offer opportunities to help sharpen skills in addition to hands-on experience in the global, fast-changing business world. From on-the-job learning experiences to formal development programs at Deloitte University, our professionals have a variety of opportunities to continue to grow throughout their career. Explore Deloitte University, The Leadership Center.
Requisition code: E18SESCSRCAT202-T
See Inside the Office of Deloitte
Back to top