Systems Integration/Software Testing - Manager
Systems Integration/Software Testing-Manager
Are you a talented, detail oriented software testing professional, interested in working in a team atmosphere to create innovative solutions that solves our clients' most complex issues? Are you interested in creating elegant, effective solutions, while continually learning and expanding your skills?
Work you'll do
As a Manager you will bring considerable Testing expertise to deliver effective solutions to clients.
- Manage day to day interactions with executive clients and sponsors
- Manage and deliver components of client engagements that identify, design, and implement technology and creative business solutions for large companies.
- Responsibilities include, among others, managing teams in the identification of business requirements, functional design, process design (including scenario design, flow mapping), prototyping, testing, training, defining support procedures.
- Develop and maintain contact with top decision makers at key clients; participate and lead aspects of the proposal development process; contribute to the development of proposal pricing strategies
At Deloitte Consulting LLP, our systems integration specialists help clients manage the complexity inherent with technology change, from requirements planning to architecture, testing to deployment, and beyond, helping to link their IT programs to organizational goals. And we offer a complete range of industry-leading services, including systems development, solution and platform integration. Learn more about our Systems Integration practice.
Managers in the Testing practice are required to have:
- 8 years of relevant consulting or industry experience.
- Minimum of 2 Full Life Cycle system delivery implementations in a testing role.
- At least 6 years of leading Testing efforts, including experience with all phases of testing: System, Integration, User Acceptance and Performance Testing.
- At least 4 years of experience with estimating testing efforts, standing up and structuring >10 resource testing teams, defining the testing strategy for large scale programs and ensuring requirements traceability throughout the system development lifecycle.
- At least 4 years of experience overseeing the development of test plans, test scenarios, test cases, execution of test case and documentation of test results.
- At least 4 years of experience with driving the quality assurance processes and gaining delivery buy-in from executive leadership.
- At least 4 years of testing experience in different environments including one or more of the following client server, Services Oriented Architecture, Web based, Mainframe based and three tier architectures.
- At least 4 years of experience with one or more of the following tools: HP toolset, Rational toolset, SOA testing tools and automation testing toolsets.
- At least 4 years of experience in test automation including developing test automation strategies and leading automation testing efforts
- Experience with tracking and reporting SLAs and KPIs in a managed services testing engagement
- Experience with implementing techniques such as Service Virtualization using CA, HP or IBM tools
- A willingness to travel 80 - 100% of the time.
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience
In addition, successful Managers will have the following preferred background:
- Testing Techniques – Understand the various approaches used in testing, including (e.g. desk checking), white-box (logic drive), black-box (requirements driven), load testing, coverage testing and regression testing.
- Technical expertise in implementing industry standard testing methodology and tools
- Experience implementing testing best practices specific to the test planning and execution processes and gaining buy-in for changes from executives
- Experience with enterprise applications such as Siebel, SAP, PeopleSoft, Oracle, and Salesforce
- Experience building a Testing Center of excellence
- A deep understanding of test planning and delivery challenges
How you'll grow
At Deloitte, our professional development plan focuses on helping people at every level of their career to identify and use their strengths to do their best work every day. From entry-level employees to senior leaders, we believe there's always room to learn. We offer opportunities to help sharpen skills in addition to hands-on experience in the global, fast-changing business world. From on-the-job learning experiences to formal development programs at Deloitte University, our professionals have a variety of opportunities to continue to grow throughout their career. Explore Deloitte University, The Leadership Center.
At Deloitte, we know that great people make a great organization. We value our people and offer employees a broad range of benefits. Learn more about what working at Deloitte can mean for you.
Our positive and supportive culture encourages our people to do their best work every day. We celebrate individuals by recognizing their uniqueness and offering them the flexibility to make daily choices that can help them to be healthy, centered, confident, and aware. We offer well-being programs and are continuously looking for new ways to maintain a culture where our people excel and lead healthy, happy lives. Learn more about Life at Deloitte.
Deloitte is led by a purpose: to make an impact that matters. This purpose defines who we are and extends to relationships with our clients, our people and our communities. We believe that business has the power to inspire and transform. We focus on education, giving, skill-based volunteerism, and leadership to help drive positive social impact in our communities. Learn more about Deloitte's impact on the world.
We want job seekers exploring opportunities at Deloitte to feel prepared and confident. To help you with your interview, we suggest that you do your research: know some background about the organization and the business area you're applying to. Check out recruiting tips from Deloitte professionals.
Requisition code: E18WESCMGRBB301-T
See Inside the Office of Deloitte
One of the largest professional services organizations in the U.S., Deloitte delivers innovative solutions to the complex business problems facing companies around the world. Deloitte offers rewarding careers in four businesses—audit, tax, consulting, and financial advisory. Widely recognized for its inclusion initiatives, Deloitte is committed to building a workplace environment that allows people from all generations, ethnicities, and cultures to be their authentic selves.
Back to top