Systems Integration/Application Architect-Senior Manager
Are you a talented, creative Application Architect, interested in working in a team atmosphere to create innovative solutions that solves our clients’ most complex issues? Are you interested in creating elegant, effective solutions, while continually learning and expanding your skills?
Work you’ll do
As a Senior Manager in our Application Architecture practice you will bring considerable expertise to deliver effective solutions to clients.
- Lead engagement planning and budgeting; mobilize and manage engagement teams; define deliverable structure and content; facilitate buy-in of proposed solutions from top management levels at the client; direct on-time, quality delivery of work; manage engagement economics; manage engagement risk
- Manage day to day interactions with executive clients and sponsors
- Develop and maintain contact with top decision makers at key clients; organize and lead pursuit teams; participate and lead aspects of the proposal development process; contribute to the development of proposal pricing strategies
- Develop practical solutions and methodologies; develop “thoughtware” and “point-of-view” documents; participate in public speaking events; get published in industry periodicals
- Perform role of counselor and coach; provide input and guidance into the staffing process; actively participate in staff recruitment and retention activities; provide leadership and support for delivery teams and staff in local offices.
- Assisting clients with application architecture design, assessment and optimization including definition, documentation and implementation of new application architectures
- Review and evaluation of key attributes of existing application architectures
- Recommend and validate improvements to existing Application Architectures
At Deloitte Consulting LLP, our systems integration specialists help clients manage the complexity inherent with technology change, from requirements planning to architecture, testing to deployment, and beyond, helping to link their IT programs to organizational goals. And we offer a complete range of industry-leading services, including systems development, solution and platform integration. Learn more about our Systems Integration practice.
Senior Managers in the Application Architecture practice are required to have:
- 10 years of relevant consulting or industry experience
- At least 4 years of experience with large technology engagements
- Minimum of 4 full system development life cycle implementations
- Led teams responsible for soliciting non-functional requirements
- Translated requirements into client ready design documents including modeling languages such as Unified Modeling Language (UML)
- Led teams that performed designed and validated application architecture frameworks and supporting functionality
- Worked closely with the functional and testing teams to understand their functional requirements and the impact to the application architecture
- Led configuration and change management teams who were responsible for application deployments including the coordination of database changes and other necessary application configurations.
- At least 4 years Continuous Integration or similar build and deploy experience
- At least 4 years of experience with application architecture analysis, design and delivery
- At least 4 years of experience with application architecture and solution development with JEE, .NET, or comparable technology platforms
- A willingness to travel 80 – 100% of the time
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience
In addition, successful Senior Managers will have the following preferred background:
- Transactional database interaction experience, with exposure to various techniques such as RowSet, ORM (Hibernate, NHibernate, EF), etc.
- Experience with architecture design patterns such as MVP or MVC, Gang of Four, etc.
- Experience in major industry sector Healthcare, Public Sector or Financial Services industries
- Experience or passion for implementing cloud solutions on Amazon Web Services (AWS), Microsoft Azure, and/or Google Cloud Platform
- Experience of DevOps practices and tools
- Leading Testing efforts, including all phases: System, Integration, and Performance Testing and ensuring traceability
- Exposure to enterprise applications such as Siebel, SAP, Peoplesoft, Oracle
- Experience with Middleware and/or SOA base implementations
- Leading teams through IT Strategy initiatives
- Ability to work independently and manage multiple task assignments
- Strong oral and written communication skills, including presentation skills (MS Visio, MS PowerPoint)
- Strong problem solving and troubleshooting skills with the ability to exercise mature judgment
- Eagerness to mentor junior staff
- A Bachelor’s Degree in an IEEE recognized Engineering discipline
- An advanced degree in the area of specialization
How you’ll grow
At Deloitte, our professional development plan focuses on helping people at every level of their career to identify and use their strengths to do their best work every day. From entry-level employees to senior leaders, we believe there’s always room to learn. We offer opportunities to help sharpen skills in addition to hands-on experience in the global, fast-changing business world. From on-the-job learning experiences to formal development programs at Deloitte University, our professionals have a variety of opportunities to continue to grow throughout their career. Explore Deloitte University, The Leadership Center.
At Deloitte, we know that great people make a great organization. We value our people and offer employees a broad range of benefits. Learn more about what working at Deloitte can mean for you.
Our positive and supportive culture encourages our people to do their best work every day. We celebrate individuals by recognizing their uniqueness and offering them the flexibility to make daily choices that can help them to be healthy, centered, confident, and aware. We offer well-being programs and are continuously looking for new ways to maintain a culture where our people excel and lead healthy, happy lives. Learn more about Life at Deloitte.
Deloitte is led by a purpose: to make an impact that matters. This purpose defines who we are and extends to relationships with our clients, our people and our communities. We believe that business has the power to inspire and transform. We focus on education, giving, skill-based volunteerism, and leadership to help drive positive social impact in our communities. Learn more about Deloitte’s impact on the world.
We want job seekers exploring opportunities at Deloitte to feel prepared and confident. To help you with your interview, we suggest that you do your research: know some background about the organization and the business area you’re applying to. Check out recruiting tips from Deloitte professionals.
Requisition code: E17NATCSRMCT417-T
See Inside the Office of Deloitte
One of the largest professional services organizations in the U.S., Deloitte delivers innovative solutions to the complex business problems facing companies around the world. Deloitte offers rewarding careers in four businesses—audit, tax, consulting, and financial advisory. Widely recognized for its inclusion initiatives, Deloitte is committed to building a workplace environment that allows people from all generations, ethnicities, and cultures to be their authentic selves.
Back to top