Systems Integration/Application Architect- Manager
Are you a talented, creative Application Architect, interested in working in a team atmosphere to create innovative solutions that solves our clients' most complex issues? Are you interested in creating elegant, effective solutions, while continually learning and expanding your skills?
Work you'll do
As a Manager in our Application Architecture practice you will bring considerable expertise to deliver effective solutions to clients.
- Manage day to day interactions with executive clients and sponsors
- Manage and deliver components of client engagements that identify, design, and implement technology and creative business solutions for large companies.
- Responsibilities include, among others, managing teams in the identification of business requirements, functional design, process design (including scenario design, flow mapping), prototyping, testing, training, defining support procedures.
- Assisting clients with application architecture design, assessment and optimization including definition, documentation and implementation of new application architectures
- Review and evaluation of key attributes of existing application architectures
- Recommend and validate improvements to existing Application Architectures
- Develop and maintain contact with top decision makers at key clients; participate and lead aspects of the proposal development process; contribute to the development of proposal pricing strategies
At Deloitte Consulting LLP, our systems integration specialists help clients manage the complexity inherent with technology change, from requirements planning to architecture, testing to deployment, and beyond, helping to link their IT programs to organizational goals. And we offer a complete range of industry-leading services, including systems development, solution and platform integration. Learn more about our Systems Integration practice.
Managers in the Application Architecture practice are required to have:
- 8 years of relevant consulting or industry experience
- At least 2 years of experience with large technology engagements
- Minimum of 4 full system development life cycle implementations
- Led teams responsible for soliciting non-functional requirements
- Translated requirements into client ready design documents including modeling languages such as Unified Modeling Language (UML)
- Led teams that performed designed and validated application architecture frameworks and supporting functionality
- Worked closely with the functional and testing teams to understand their functional requirements and the impact to the application architecture
- Led configuration and change management teams who were responsible for application deployments including the coordination of database changes and other necessary application configurations.
- At least 2 years Continuous Integration or similar build and deploy experience
- At least 4 years of experience with application architecture analysis, design and delivery
- At least 4 years of experience with application architecture and solution development with JEE, .NET, or comparable technology platforms
- A willingness to travel 80 - 100% of the time
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience
In addition, successful Managers will have the following preferred background:
- Transactional database interaction experience, with exposure to various techniques such as RowSet, ORM (Hibernate, NHibernate, EF), etc.
- Experience with architecture design patterns such as MVP or MVC, Gang of Four, etc.
- Experience in major industry sector Healthcare, Public Sector or Financial Services industries
- Experience or passion for implementing cloud solutions on Amazon Web Services (AWS), Microsoft Azure, and/or Google Cloud Platform
- Experience of DevOps practices and tools
- Leading Testing efforts, including all phases: System, Integration, and Performance Testing and ensuring traceability
- Exposure to enterprise applications such as Siebel, SAP, Peoplesoft, Oracle
- Experience with Middleware and/or SOA base implementations
- Leading teams through IT Strategy initiatives
- Ability to work independently and manage multiple task assignments
- Strong oral and written communication skills, including presentation skills (MS Visio, MS PowerPoint)
- Strong problem solving and troubleshooting skills with the ability to exercise mature judgment
- Eagerness to mentor junior staff
- A Bachelor's Degree in an IEEE recognized Engineering discipline
- An advanced degree in the area of specialization
How you'll grow
Requisition code: E18NATCMGRCT301-T
See Inside the Office of Deloitte
Back to top