Systems Integration Functional Senior Manager - Health Plans
Work you'll do
Functional and Test Practice:
The Functional and Test Practice focuses on facilitating definition of requirements, use cases, product management, and functional specifications along with validation and testing services for our clients. We bring together strong process expertise, proven methodology, tools, deep industry knowledge, and extensive insight to our client's business operations and systems to provide strategic advice and high quality results.
At Deloitte Consulting LLP, our systems integration specialists help clients manage the complexity inherent with technology change, from requirements planning to architecture, testing to deployment, and beyond, helping to link their IT programs to organizational goals. And we offer a complete range of industry-leading services, including systems development, solution and platform integration. Learn more about our Systems Integration practice
Essential functions of a Senior Manager at Deloitte Consulting:
A Senior Manager at Deloitte is expected to contribute to the firm's growth and development in a variety of ways, including:
Engagement Management: Lead engagement planning and budgeting; mobilize and manage engagement teams; define deliverable structure and content; facilitate buy-in of proposed solutions from top management levels at the client; direct on-time, quality delivery of work products; manage engagement economics; manage engagement risk.
Client Management: Manage day to day interactions with executive clients and sponsors.
Business Development: Develop and maintain contact with top decision makers at key clients; organize and lead pursuit teams; participate and lead aspects of the proposal development process; contribute to the development of proposal pricing strategies.
Practice Development & Eminence: Develop practical solutions and methodologies; develop "thoughtware" and "point-of-view" documents; participate in public speaking events; get published in industry periodicals.
People Development: Perform role of counselor and coach; provide input and guidance into the staffing process; actively participate in staff recruitment and retention activities; provide leadership and support for delivery teams and staff in local offices.
Sr. Managers in the Program Management, Functional and Test practice are required to have:
- 10 years of relevant consulting or industry experience
- Experience with leading large Testing programs in a global delivery model (>10 MM USD) across all phases of testing.
- Experience with leading large testing deals as a solution architect and ability to conceptualize and implement client Testing CoEs.
- Experience with test consulting engagements and preparing business case for Testing CoEs
- Deep experience with either Healthcare, Public Sector or Financial Services industries.
- Knowledge of various testing tools across test management, automation and other specialized testing techniques.
- Demonstrated experience in being a thought-leader to the CIO or other senior IT/Business leaders around testing and QA.
- Awareness and knowledge of test automation techniques and performance testing methodologies.
- A willingness to travel 80 - 100% of the time
In addition, successful Sr. Managers will have the following preferred background:
- Testing Techniques – Understand the various approaches used in testing, including (e.g. desk checking), white-box (logic drive), black-box (requirements driven), load testing, coverage testing and regression testing.
- Technical expertise in implementing industry standard testing methodology and tools.
- Experience implementing testing best practices specific to the test planning and execution processes and gaining buy-in for changes from executives
- Experience with enterprise applications such as Siebel, SAP, PeopleSoft, Oracle, and Salesforce
- A deep understanding of test planning and delivery challenges.
- Experience with methodologies including, but not limited to Agile, RUP, or Waterfall.
- Experience leading teams through analysis and delivery of IT Strategy initiatives.
- Experience planning, tracking and delivering projects using Microsoft Project and documenting processes in Microsoft Visio.
- Ability to work independently and manage multiple task assignments.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Strong presentation skills including development and delivery of Microsoft PowerPoint presentations.
- Strong problem solving and troubleshooting skills with the ability to exercise mature judgment.
- Eagerness to mentor and grow junior staff.
- A Bachelor's Degree in a relevant field.
- An advanced degree in the area of specialization.
How you'll grow
At Deloitte, our professional development plan focuses on helping people at every level of their career to identify and use their strengths to do their best work every day. From entry-level employees to senior leaders, we believe there's always room to learn. We offer opportunities to help sharpen skills in addition to hands-on experience in the global, fast-changing business world. From on-the-job learning experiences to formal development programs at Deloitte University, our professionals have a variety of opportunities to continue to grow throughout their career. Explore Deloitte University, The Leadership Center.
Requisition code: E18WESCSRMBB409-T
See Inside the Office of Deloitte
Back to top