Ft. Meade, MD
Deloitte has an immediate need for a Systems Engineer who want to flex their technical muscles and apply fresh ideas to push solutions forward in our Intelligence Community. We are a culture of dynamic thinkers working with leading edge technologies that impact National Security on a daily basis. Want to up your game? Join our Federal Practice team!
In this role YOU will:
- Analyze user requirements, concept of operations documents, and high level system architectures to develop system requirements specifications.
- Analyze system requirements and leads design and development activities.
- Guide users in formulating requirements, advises alternative approaches, and conducts feasibility studies.
- Provide technical leadership for the integration of requirements, design, and technology.
- Incorporate new plans, designs and systems into ongoing operations.
- Develop technical documentation.
- Develop system Architecture and system design documentation.
- Guide system development and implementation planning through assessment or preparation of system engineering management plans and system integration and test plans.
- Interact with the Government regarding Systems Engineering technical considerations and for associated problems, issues or conflicts.
- Ultimate responsibility for the technical integrity of work performed and deliverables associated with the Systems Engineering area of responsibility.
- Communicate with other program personnel, government overseers, and senior executives.
The System Engineer will have at least 7 years of systems engineering experience including the following technology skills:
- B.S. in Computer Science or related field OR 5 years additional System Engineer experience
Working in conjunction with the BPR and SE teams, analyze user's requirements, concept of operations documents, and high level system architectures to derive system requirements
- Coordinate the resolution of action items from Configuration Control Board (CCB) meetings, design reviews, program reviews, and test reviews that require cross-discipline coordination
- Maintain JIRA backlog, support developers in story estimation, decomposition
- Coordinate Functional testing of user stories against acceptance criteria, log test results in JIRA
- Maintain traceability with overarching program documents
- Work closely with Technical Team to support development efforts to ensure end product meets desired capabilities / acceptance criteria
- Work with Technical Lead during sprint execution & provide Agile metrics, as applicable (e.g. burndown, velocity)
- Coordinate UAT sessions w/Gov't OCM team • Support OCM & training efforts, as needed
- Coordinate drafts, quality reviews, and on-time submission of deliverables
- Manage & report on day-to-day tasks of functional team (Weekly Status, Team Tracker, etc.)
- Extensive experience supporting US Intelligence Community clients
- Government Financials & Budgeting
- Extensive experience with MS Excel, PowerPoint, Word, and Visio
- Experience with IBM tool suite products (BPM, BI, TM1, Disclosure Management)
Deloitte Consulting LLP
Deloitte Consulting LLP is one of the world's leading management consulting firms for executable strategy, operations, technology, and human capital advisory services. The consulting practice is built around integrated core capabilities - people, process and technology and industry expertise - the capabilities needed to help clients to tackle their most complex challenges
Federal Practice - Deloitte Consulting LLP
Deloitte Consulting's dynamic Federal Practice based in Washington D.C. and the surrounding Metropolitan area has opportunities for you to become part of their high-quality team that delivers innovative solutions to key Federal clients in financial management, business process improvement, strategy and operations, information systems development, package
Requisition code: E17BALCSPERB009-T
See Inside the Office of Deloitte
Back to top