Summer Scholar Analyst - Business Technology, Life Sciences, Consulting - Northwestern University
Passionate about technology-enabled change in a real world application? Ready to take your academic education to the next level? Join our Business Technology Analyst Summer Scholar Program, and learn how to bridge the theoretical with the practical with our immersive, fast paced work environment. Summer Scholars can leverage their strategic thinking and foundational business and technology skills to advise clients, cut through complexity, and inspire value-driven decisions in a collaborative team setting.
Work you’ll do
As a Business Technology Analyst Summer Scholar, you will have opportunities to make an impact on a broad range of transformative projects for our clients. You will support delivery of various types of client deliverables that range from information management solutions and implementations of large scale technology platforms to supporting the development of advisory materials for technical architecture and IT operating models. Please see our Technology Service Offerings to learn more about the work we do every day to help solve our client’s most challenging problems. You can capitalize on our cross industry presence to find your niche and begin building your individual brand.
While a career in consulting is dynamic and evolving, we look for people who will perform in certain areas, grow those related skills and deliver exceptional results to our clients. We recognize that you have unique skills, experiences, and interests, so we divide the broad scope of the BTA intern role into skills-based segments in order to best align each BTA intern with a focus area. The segments function as subgroups that our interns and analysts leverage to network and enhance their professional development. Setting our people up for success is our highest priority.
We are currently recruiting Business Technology Analyst Summer Scholars whose skills and interests align with one of the following areas:
- Technology Design & Development: This analyst is skilled in programming and prepared to jump into any technical role. They are top performer in Computer Science, Software Engineering or MIS and are proficient in one or more programming languages with additional experience or interest in areas such as app development, user interface/wireframe design, server side development, OS languages (Windows, Linux) and/or Basis/ABAP. Potential project roles may be as a solution architect analyst, software developer, database administrator or QA tester.
- Business Transformation: This analyst brings a fresh perspective of the industries in which our clients do business having coursework/experience in areas including, but not limited to STEAM (science, technology, engineering, arts, and mathematics), business (finance, accounting, marketing), economics, information systems or biological and life sciences. They offer a powerful understanding of how technology solutions support the goal of improved business execution. Potential project roles may be as a project management analyst, a functional analyst, a testing analyst or a systems development analyst.
- Technical Architecture: This analyst brings a broad set of knowledge in IT capabilities, technical integrations and architecture to develop efficient business strategies. They have skills or interests in data center design, cloud technologies, IT capabilities mapping, IT process improvement or systems governance. They help build IT strategies and integrations from the inside out. Potential project roles may be as an infrastructure engineer, data center design analyst, enterprise architecture analyst or cloud implementation architect.
- Data and Analytics: This analyst is knowledgeable or has interest across a wide range of analytics and data transformation tools and are able to transform client data to meaningful, actionable insights. They are comfortable with emerging trends in the discipline and are very versatile (both technically and functionally.) Potential project roles may be as a big data developer, data scientist, data management analyst/tester, data visualization engineer, data transformation designer/tester or analytics organization assessment analyst.
- Process Technology: This analyst leverages functional knowledge of enterprise technologies to optimize clients’ operational capabilities. They focus on identifying process pain points that can be alleviated with packaged solutions; they support Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) and/or Customer Relationship Management (CRM) implementation cycles and functional assessments across multiple industries by consistently recognizing the value opportunities aligned to process reengineering. Potential project roles may be as a functional analyst, process design analyst, systems configuration analyst, testing analyst or training analyst.
Our Technology Consulting team plays a major role in directly embedding technology insights into our clients’ organizational goals. At Deloitte, our technology consultants create sharply-focused solutions within an organization’s operating model, accounting for its people, intellectual capital, technology, and processes. Engagement teams at Deloitte drive value for our clients but also understand the importance of developing resources and contributing to the communities in which we work. We make it our business to take issue to impact, both within and beyond a client setting. Learn more about our Technology Consulting practice.
- Junior standing in a full-time academic program with a target graduation date between December 2017 and June 2018
- Undergraduate in the following or related majors:
oTechnology and Science: Computer Science, Computer Information Systems, Management Information Systems, IT Network Administration/Security, IT Operations/Administration, Data Analytics, Math
oBusiness: Accounting, Analytics, Business, Economics, Finance, Marketing, Operations, Statistics, Supply Chain
oEngineering: Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Engineering Management, Industrial Engineering, Software Engineering, Systems Engineering
- Strong academic track record (minimum GPA of 3.4)
- Demonstrates interest and aptitude for technology
- Willingness to travel
- Availability to participate in the Summer Scholar Program full-time, for approximately 10 weeks from June to August 2017
How you’ll grow
Throughout the course of the internship program, you’ll receive formal and informal mentorship and training. Our Business Technology Analyst Summer Scholar training program provides a view both into the technical skills as well as critical professional behaviors, standards, and mindsets required to make the most of your internship. The program includes a variety of team-based, hands-on exercises and activities. Beyond the formal training, you will work with talented consulting professionals, granting you access to ask questions and gain valuable real world experience while working on client engagements.Explore Deloitte University, The Leadership Center.
At Deloitte, we know that great people make a great organization. We value our people and offer employees a broad range of benefits. Learn more about what working at Deloitte can mean for you.
Our positive and supportive culture encourages our people to do their best work every day. We celebrate individuals by recognizing their uniqueness and offering them the flexibility to make daily choices that can help them to be healthy, centered, confident, and aware. We offer well-being programs and are continuously looking for new ways to maintain a culture where our people excel and lead healthy, happy lives. Learn more about Life at Deloitte.
Deloitte is led by a purpose: to make an impact that matters. This purpose defines who we are and extends to relationships with our clients, our people and our communities. We believe that business has the power to inspire and transform. We focus on education, giving, skill-based volunteerism, and leadership to help drive positive social impact in our communities. Learn more about Deloitte’s impact on the world.
We want job seekers exploring opportunities at Deloitte to feel prepared and confident. To help you with your interview, we suggest that you do your research: know some background about the organization and the business area you’re applying to. We also suggest that you brush up on your behavioral and case interviewing skills and practice discussing your experience and job history with a family member, friend, or mentor. Check out recruiting tips from Deloitte professionals.
Requisition code: S17NWUCI18MAYSM-T
See Inside the Office of Deloitte
One of the largest professional services organizations in the U.S., Deloitte delivers innovative solutions to the complex business problems facing companies around the world. Deloitte offers rewarding careers in four businesses—audit, tax, consulting, and financial advisory. Widely recognized for its inclusion initiatives, Deloitte is committed to building a workplace environment that allows people from all generations, ethnicities, and cultures to be their authentic selves.
Back to top