Summer Associate (SC Level)- Technology, MBA, Consulting - Indiana University
Today, technology is moving faster; the rate ofchange is accelerating and is altering the logic by which businesses need tooperate. We’re looking for an experienced Technology Senior Consultant who canhelp clients adapt to the challenges and opportunities presented by the currenttechnology trends. From designing and implementing IT strategy and operationsto support business strategies to collection and management of data, we need amaster planner who can advise clients, cut through complexity, and inspirevalue-driven strategic decision-making.
Work you’ll do:
- Analytics + Information Management –
o Our Data Management & Architecture practice helps clients solve theirtoughest data management issues by designing and implementing holisticsolutions that include process, data, people and technology. This will improvehow clients create, manage, governance and consume data, enabling theircapability to manage data as a critical asset for the organization. You’ll useyour excellent communication skills to engage with clients in these discussionand leverage your technical skills to design and build data managementsolutions.
o Advanced Analytics Enablement leads technical delivery work stream as part ofan Advanced Analytics, Big Data or Cognitive client project. It is expectedthat you will be able to lead client discussion, prepare for workshops, managea team of 5 to 10 junior staff and be on a path to be a technical architect onanyone of the topics above.
o Joining either our Commercial or Federal practice in Performance Managementyou’ll help clients optimize their enterprise performance management strategiesimproving business partnering capabilities. Taking a business lead approach,you’ll use your excellent finance and communication skills and transform ourclient’s financial information into a strategic asset through the applicationof technology.
- Technology Strategy & Architecture – TS&A advises CIOs, CTOs andbusiness leaders to develop IT strategies for business outcomes, driveefficient IT operations, evolve key IT capabilities to meet changing marketdynamics and deliver IT-enabled business transformation. We bring strategies,services and tools to manage Information Technology investments, portfolios andoperations, including creating, leveraging, and applying innovativetechnologies to optimize business performance. Our expertise spans the entiretechnology stack, from applications to infrastructure. We design architecturesand build IT solutions to translate strategic business decisions into anorganization’s technology foundation. We identify emerging technology trendsthat are relevant to business and shape end-to-end solutions through keystrategic partnerships. We lead clients thorough the complex transitions thatcome with M&A transactions and the transformations that are part of thatjourney including: target identification and pre-deal due diligence, M&Aroadmaps, strategies, and synergy targets, developing Day 1 projects and plansand post Day 1 planning and execution.
Technology and your talent can answer many complex business questions. OurTechnology Consulting team plays a major role in directly linking technologyinsights to our clients’ organizational goals. At Deloitte, our technologyconsultants create sharply-focused solutions within a business’ full operatingmodel, accounting for its people, intellectual capital, technology, andprocesses.Learn more about our Technology Consulting practice.
- A technical background via an undergraduate degree or work experience
- Enrollment in a Master’s of Business Administration program
- A Bachelor’s in the following or related area(s): Computer Science, ComputerInformation System, Management Information Systems, Data Analytics, Math,Accounting, Business, Finance, Marketing, Operations, Statistics, Supply Chain,Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Engineering Management, orIndustrial Engineering
- Strong academic track record (minimum GPA of 3.5)
- Three to seven years’ experience, with one to two years’ experience in rolesthat have used technology as a business enabler
- Travel up to 80% may be required, dependent on project role andlocation
- U.S. Citizenship and ability to obtain U.S. Security Clearance (FederalPractice candidates only)
How you’ll grow
As a new Technology Senior Consultant, your first years will provide you witheducation, experience, and leadership opportunities that can help you buildyour future with us. Our learning programs are designed to develop your skillsin four key areas — technical, professional, industry, and leadership. You’llalso have access to a career roadmap that will help you fully leverage theopportunities you need to be effective. Your leadership and talentprofessionals will work to deliver engaging learning and networkingopportunities virtually, in your local office, and at Deloitte University.Along the way, you’ll have access to mentoring, counseling, and trainingopportunities to help foster and accelerate your development of new skills andcapabilities. Explore Deloitte University, The Leadership Center.
At Deloitte, we know that great people make a great organization. We value ourpeople and offer employees a broad range of benefits. Learn more about what working at Deloitte can mean foryou.
Our positive and supportive culture encourages our people to do their best workevery day. We celebrate individuals by recognizing their uniqueness andoffering them the flexibility to make daily choices that can help them to behealthy, centered, confident, and aware. We offer well-being programs and arecontinuously looking for new ways to maintain a culture where our people exceland lead healthy, happy lives. Learn more about Life at Deloitte.
Deloitte is led by a purpose: to make an impact that matters. This purposedefines who we are and extends to relationships with our clients, our peopleand our communities. We believe that business has the power to inspire andtransform. We focus on education, giving, skill-based volunteerism, andleadership to help drive positive social impact in our communities. Learn more about Deloitte’s impact on the world.
We want job seekers exploring opportunities at Deloitte to feel prepared andconfident. To help you with your interview, we suggest that you do yourresearch: know some background about the organization and the business areayou’re applying to. We also suggest that you brush up on your behavioral andcase interviewing skills and practice discussing your experience and jobhistory with a family member, friend, or mentor. Check out recruiting tips from Deloitte professionals.
Requisition code: S17INDCI18MAYWH-T
See Inside the Office of Deloitte
One of the largest professional services organizations in the U.S., Deloitte delivers innovative solutions to the complex business problems facing companies around the world. Deloitte offers rewarding careers in four businesses—audit, tax, consulting, and financial advisory. Widely recognized for its inclusion initiatives, Deloitte is committed to building a workplace environment that allows people from all generations, ethnicities, and cultures to be their authentic selves.
Back to top