Summer Associate, Human Capital, Consulting - Strategy - Cornell University, Johnson
Deloitte is one of the leading professional services organizations in the United States, specializing in audit, tax, consulting, and financial advisory services with clients in more than 20 industries. We provide powerful business solutions to some of the world's most well-known and respected companies, including more than 75 percent of the Fortune 100.
At Deloitte, you can have a rewarding career on every level. In addition to challenging and meaningful work, you'll have the chance to give back to your community, make a positive impact on the environment, participate in a range of diversity and inclusion initiatives, and find the support, coaching, and training it takes to advance your career. Our commitment to individual choice lets you customize aspects of your career path, your educational opportunities and your benefits. And our culture of innovation means your ideas on how to improve our business and your clients' will be heard.
Visit www.deloitte.com/us/careers to learn more about our culture, benefits and opportunities.
Deloitte Consulting LLP is one of the world's leading management consulting firms for executable strategy, operations, technology, and human capital advisory services. The consulting practice is built around integrated core capabilities – people, process and technology and industry expertise – the capabilities needed to help clients to tackle their most complex challenges.
Human Capital Summer Associate – Strategy – Deloitte Consulting LLP
Deloitte Consulting's Human Capital practice is comprised of broad-based business consultants who specialize in integrating people issues with business strategy. Our mission is to enhance an organization's performance, productivity, and profitability through its people. Our comprehensive service lines support this mission by providing and implementing innovative, integrated, and practical solutions that meet the client's needs.
We are seeking broad-based business consultants who wish to specialize in integrating people issues with business strategy. If you have a passion for tackling complex, far-reaching, people-related business problems, joining us will give you a challenging environment in which to apply and grow your skills.
As a Human Capital Summer Associate, you play a pivotal role with responsibilities that range from analyzing a client's people-related issues and interviewing key personnel to developing recommendations and authoring presentations. You will participate in both strategic and implementation projects. You are part of a collaborative project team that provides our clients with solutions that are practical as well as visionary. In your role as a Human Capital Summer Associate, you will have opportunities to participate in office, industry, and practice activities ranging from community service and practice development to social events and training. We are deeply committed to developing our consulting professionals through thoughtful mentoring, counseling and professional training.
- Advise clients in addressing their most complex business challenges by aligning talent strategies and operations with broader business objectives
- Deliver data-driven and business-oriented strategic change, organization design, talent, and learning solutions to enhance business performance
- Define, build and implement enhancements to HR processes, structure and technology that will improve the HR function's alignment to business objectives and ability to help drive top and bottom line impact
- Lead organizations in maximizing their return on technology by providing implementation teams with technology adoption expertise, executing change management, stakeholder engagement, training and communications initiatives
- Optimize talent through competitive benefits and compensation strategies, examine the people implications of mergers and acquisitions, and provide strategic and operational support for insurance organizations
Qualified candidates will possess the following characteristics/attributes:
- Currently pursuing an MBA or Master's degree in HR, ILR, OD, or related fields of study
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Willingness to travel (required)
- Demonstrated ability to learn, apply and communicate business-related concepts and ideas
- Demonstrated ability to manage ambiguity and apply problem-solving skills
- Demonstrated ability to employ research and analytical thinking
- Demonstrated capabilities in team work and leadership
- Demonstrated ability to achieve results
- Demonstrated understanding of Deloitte and Consulting
- Demonstrated interest in Human Capital subject matter based on academic course study, past experience or participation in professional certification programs or clubs
Requisition code: S15CORCI16JUNMJ-HC
See Inside the Office of Deloitte
One of the largest professional services organizations in the U.S., Deloitte delivers innovative solutions to the complex business problems facing companies around the world. Deloitte offers rewarding careers in four businesses—audit, tax, consulting, and financial advisory. Widely recognized for its inclusion initiatives, Deloitte is committed to building a workplace environment that allows people from all generations, ethnicities, and cultures to be their authentic selves.
Back to top