Strategy & Operations – Senior Consultant – Real Estate Transformation
Deloitte's Real Estate Transformation practice helps public and private sector organizations address some of their most complex and challenging corporate real estate (CRE), facilities management (FM), and workplace-related issues. We help companies improve the performance of their real estate and facilities management organizations, drive maximum efficiency relative to real estate and workplace assets, devise and execute IT strategies for real estate and facilities, and build the business case for real estate decisions. We also support the transformation of a company's facilities from traditional assets to smart buildings, enabled by a full complement of digital workplace technologies.
Our team leverages a time-tested set of accelerators, tools, and techniques, designed to help companies in their efforts to jump-start the performance of the CRE, FM, or workplace organizations. We work on a cross-functional basis, integrating real estate, finance, human capital, and digital technology capabilities to effectively restructure our client's organizations, operations, and assets.
Work you'll do
Senior Consultants will synthesize overall strategy by analyzing a wide variety of solutions, selecting the most relevant tools/techniques to meet specific client requirements such as business case, pricing, or complex financial analysis, and interpreting and reporting on outputs. You will participate in setting engagement objectives and scope; develop work plans for components of engagements, coordinate activities between work streams and identify changes in scope. Senior Consultants will also design deliverable content that will precisely reflect the engagement contract and client needs and strive to improve deliverable quality through verification and validation of results.
You will have the opportunity to contribute on components of large, complex engagements with the following focus:
- Design and / or restructuring of CRE, FM, or workplace operating models, organizational structures, and service delivery models
- Delivery of CRE and FM outsourcing / insourcing consulting services, including strategy development, contract evaluation, and RFI / RFP process management
- Design and / or improvement of CRE, FM, or workplace business processes
- Development of real estate and facilities portfolio optimization strategies
- Design and implementation of workplace strategies, digital workplace technology strategies, and workforce mobility programs
- Delivery of CRE, FM, or workplace IT platform advisory services, including strategy development, requirements development, vendor / solution evaluation, and implementation support
Strategy & Operations
A part of Deloitte Consulting LLP, our Strategy & Operations consultants offer insightful recommendations and data-fueled strategies to help our clients address some of their most complex business issues. We are a diverse and talented team that supports a collaborative culture and delivers value through the application of technology, strategy, and process improvement. We tackle our clients' organizational strategy, financial management, supply management, innovation, and growth issues and help to enhance their business performance, productivity, and long-term profitability. Join us, and play a key role in designing our clients' roadmap to the future. Learn more about our Strategy & Operations practice.
Deloitte's Operations Transformation practice helps clients implement their corporate strategy and accomplish their business objectives. Using our deep sector and technical expertise, we transform our clients' core business and operations, helping them to prepare for growth, embrace the digital agenda and maximize operational efficiency.
Offering client-tailored services and deep industry insights, at Deloitte Consulting LLP we help clients tackle their most complex challenges enabling them to seize new growth opportunities, reduce costs, improve efficiencies and stay ahead of customer demand. Developing and executing our clients' strategic vision, we help them dramatically improve their business performance across a broad range of specialties – enterprise model design, strategic cost transformation, global business services, real estate, and location strategy and customer operations. Learn more about our Operations Transformation practice.
Senior Consultant Qualifications
- Minimum of a Bachelor's degree and 5+ years consulting and/or industry experience or a MBA with 2+ years relevant work experience. A degree with a focus on real estate, corporate real estate, workplace, engineering, or architecture is a plus
- 3+ years of management consulting and/or industry experience across the corporate real estate and facilities management is required.
- Understanding of key industry trends
- Ability to interact at all levels of the client organization
- Business case development experience
- A proven track record of successfully delivering professional services
- A willingness to travel +80%
- An advanced degree
- Strong oral and written communication skills, including presentation skills (MS Visio, MS PowerPoint)
- Strong problem solving and troubleshooting skills with the ability to exercise mature judgment
- Ability to work independently; lead small teams focused on specific work streams of larger projects
- Effective management presence
- Eagerness to mentor and counsel junior staff
- Experience and understanding with robotic process automation, including vendors such as Blue Prism, Automation Anywhere, etc.
- Familiarity with information technologies and platforms: such as legacy ERP, cloud software services, and customer services applications.
- Experience with analytics to evaluate and optimize business processes
How you'll grow
At Deloitte, our professional development plan focuses on helping people at every level of their career to identify and use their strengths to do their best work every day. From entry-level employees to senior leaders, we believe there's always room to learn. We offer opportunities to help sharpen skills in addition to hands-on experience in the global, fast-changing business world. From on-the-job learning experiences to formal development programs at Deloitte University, our professionals have a variety of opportunities to continue to grow throughout their career. Explore Deloitte University, The Leadership Center.
At Deloitte, we know that great people make a great organization. We value our people and offer employees a broad range of benefits. Learn more about what working at Deloitte can mean for you.
Our positive and supportive culture encourages our people to do their best work every day. We celebrate individuals by recognizing their uniqueness and offering them the flexibility to make daily choices that can help them to be healthy, centered, confident, and aware. We offer well-being programs and are continuously looking for new ways to maintain a culture where our people excel and lead healthy, happy lives. Learn more about Life at Deloitte.
Deloitte is led by a purpose: to make an impact that matters. This purpose defines who we are and extends to relationships with our clients, our people and our communities. We believe that business has the power to inspire and transform. We focus on education, giving, skill-based volunteerism, and leadership to help drive positive social impact in our communities. Learn more about Deloitte's impact on the world.
We want job seekers exploring opportunities at Deloitte to feel prepared and confident. To help you with your interview, we suggest that you do your research: know some background about the organization and the business area you're applying to. Check out recruiting tips from Deloitte professionals.
Requisition code: E18NATCSRCMF001-SO
See Inside the Office of Deloitte
One of the largest professional services organizations in the U.S., Deloitte delivers innovative solutions to the complex business problems facing companies around the world. Deloitte offers rewarding careers in four businesses—audit, tax, consulting, and financial advisory. Widely recognized for its inclusion initiatives, Deloitte is committed to building a workplace environment that allows people from all generations, ethnicities, and cultures to be their authentic selves.
Back to top