Strategy & Operations – Consulting Senior Manager – Real Estate Transformation
Deloitte's Real Estate Transformation practice helps public and private sector organizations address some of their most complex and challenging corporate real estate (CRE), facilities management (FM), and workplace-related issues. We help companies improve the performance of their real estate and facilities management organizations, drive maximum efficiency relative to real estate and workplace assets, devise and execute IT strategies for real estate and facilities, and build the business case for real estate decisions. We also support the transformation of a company's facilities from traditional assets to smart buildings, enabled by a full complement of digital workplace technologies.
Our team leverages a time-tested set of accelerators, tools, and techniques, designed to help companies in their efforts to jump-start the performance of the CRE, FM, or workplace organizations. We work on a cross-functional basis, integrating real estate, finance, human capital, and digital technology capabilities, effectively restructuring our client's organizations, operations, and assets.
If you are a senior leader ready to take the next step in your career by leading multi-million dollar, multi-year real estate transformation programs for blue-chip clients, then you are ready to join the world's leading management consulting firm!
Work you'll do
As a Senior Manager, you are expected to contribute to the firm's growth and development in a variety of ways. You will be responsible for engagement management: Lead engagement planning and budgeting; mobilize and manage engagement teams; define deliverable structure and content; facilitate buy-in of proposed solutions from top management levels at the client; direct on-time, quality delivery of work products; manage engagement economics; manage engagement risk. Senior Managers manage day-to-day interactions with executive clients and sponsors. You will be expected to participate in Business Development, develop and maintain contact with top decision makers at key clients; organize and lead pursuit teams; participate and lead aspects of the proposal development process; contribute to the development of proposal pricing strategies. Senior Managers must contribute to Practice Development & Eminence: Develop practical solutions and methodologies; develop "thoughtware" and "point- of-view" documents; participate in public speaking events; get published in industry periodicals.
We invest in our people, as a Senior Manager you will be responsible for people development, performing the role of counselor and coach; provide input and guidance into the staffing process; actively participate in staff recruitment and retention activities; provide leadership and support for delivery teams and staff in local offices.
You will have the opportunity to lead large, complex engagements with the following focus:
- Design and / or restructuring of CRE, FM, or workplace operating models, organizational structures, and service delivery models
- Delivery of CRE and FM outsourcing / insourcing consulting services, including strategy development, contract evaluation, and RFI / RFP process management
- Design and / or improvement of CRE, FM, or workplace business processes
- Development of real estate and facilities portfolio optimization strategies
- Design and implementation of workplace strategies, digital workplace technology strategies, and workforce mobility programs
- Delivery of CRE, FM, or workplace IT platform advisory services, including strategy development, requirements development, vendor / solution evaluation, and implementation support
Strategy & Operations
A part of Deloitte Consulting LLP, our Strategy & Operations consultants offer insightful recommendations and data-fueled strategies to help our clients address some of their most complex business issues. We are a diverse and talented team that supports a collaborative culture and delivers value through the application of technology, strategy, and process improvement. We tackle our clients' organizational strategy, financial management, supply management, innovation, and growth issues and help to enhance their business performance, productivity, and long-term profitability. Join us, and play a key role in designing our clients' roadmap to the future. Learn more about our Strategy & Operations practice.
Deloitte's Operations Transformation practice helps clients implement their corporate strategy and accomplish their business objectives. Using our deep sector and technical expertise, we transform our clients' core business and operations, helping them to prepare for growth, embrace the digital agenda and maximize operational efficiency.
Offering client-tailored services and deep industry insights, at Deloitte Consulting LLP we help clients tackle their most complex challenges enabling them to seize new growth opportunities, reduce costs, improve efficiencies and stay ahead of customer demand. Developing and executing our clients' strategic vision, we help them dramatically improve their business performance across a broad range of specialties – enterprise model design, strategic cost transformation, global business services, real estate, and location strategy and customer operations. Learn more about our Operations Transformation practice.
Senior Manager Qualifications
- Bachelors degree and MBA or other advanced degree (Masters or PhD) with a focus on real estate, corporate real estate, workplace, engineering, or architecture
- 10+ years of management consulting and/or industry experience across the corporate real estate and facilities management arenas is required.
- Experience developing/delivering executive communications (verbal and written)
- Experience leading project phases including requirements gathering, technical specification development, solution design and architecting, cost estimating, and managing project plans and staffing assignment
- Experience managing project risks related to delivery of work and the related budgets
- Experience leading teams comprised of on- and off-shore staff, and mentoring teams to drive optimal performance
- Proven leadership skills, with strong team-oriented interpersonal skills
- Ability to build and maintain cross-functional and executive-level relationships
- A proven track record of successfully delivering professional services
- Experience dealing with large, complex real estate portfolios and organizations
- Track record of sales and managed revenue
- A willingness to travel +80%
- An advanced degree
- Strong oral and written communication skills,
- Strong problem solving, analytical, and troubleshooting skills
- Ability to exercise mature judgment
- Strong presentation skills
- Effective management presence
- Eagerness to mentor and counsel junior staff
- Experience and understanding with robotic process automation, including vendors such as Blue Prism, Automation Anywhere, etc.
- Familiarity with information technologies and platforms: such as legacy ERP, cloud software services, and customer services applications.
- Experience with analytics to evaluate and optimize business processes
How you'll grow
At Deloitte, our professional development plan focuses on helping people at every level of their career to identify and use their strengths to do their best work every day. From entry-level employees to senior leaders, we believe there's always room to learn. We offer opportunities to help sharpen skills in addition to hands-on experience in the global, fast-changing business world. From on-the-job learning experiences to formal development programs at Deloitte University, our professionals have a variety of opportunities to continue to grow throughout their career. Explore Deloitte University, The Leadership Center.
At Deloitte, we know that great people make a great organization. We value our people and offer employees a broad range of benefits. Learn more about what working at Deloitte can mean for you.
Our positive and supportive culture encourages our people to do their best work every day. We celebrate individuals by recognizing their uniqueness and offering them the flexibility to make daily choices that can help them to be healthy, centered, confident, and aware. We offer well-being programs and are continuously looking for new ways to maintain a culture where our people excel and lead healthy, happy lives. Learn more about Life at Deloitte.
Deloitte is led by a purpose: to make an impact that matters. This purpose defines who we are and extends to relationships with our clients, our people and our communities. We believe that business has the power to inspire and transform. We focus on education, giving, skill-based volunteerism, and leadership to help drive positive social impact in our communities. Learn more about Deloitte's impact on the world.
We want job seekers exploring opportunities at Deloitte to feel prepared and confident. To help you with your interview, we suggest that you do your research: know some background about the organization and the business area you're applying to. Check out recruiting tips from Deloitte professionals.
Requisition code: E18NATCSMGRMF003-SO
See Inside the Office of Deloitte
One of the largest professional services organizations in the U.S., Deloitte delivers innovative solutions to the complex business problems facing companies around the world. Deloitte offers rewarding careers in four businesses—audit, tax, consulting, and financial advisory. Widely recognized for its inclusion initiatives, Deloitte is committed to building a workplace environment that allows people from all generations, ethnicities, and cultures to be their authentic selves.
Back to top