Strategy and Operations M&A Finance Manager
Mergers & Acquisitions (M&A) practice pairs leading acquisition and divestiture experience with broad global scale and industry and functional depth. Driving a deal to value creation requires identifying a critical sequence of activities and milestones but also lining up the resources and tools to achieve them. Within our M&A service line, our M&A Finance practice provides the functional expertise required to unlock deal value and execute issue-free integrations within the Finance function. Our practitioners combine transaction-driven experience with deep finance strategy and process knowledge to provide clients with the tools and strategic insights to navigate change and capture value.
Work you’ll do
As a Manager, you will lead and deliver small or components of large, complex client engagements that identify, design, and implement creative business and technology solutions for large companies. Manager level responsibilities include: providing service excellence by identifying key client business issues, determining client needs by supplementing the standard assessment techniques and tools with innovative approaches, evaluating and validating analysis and developing recommendations for the client in the context of the overall engagement. You will be expected to implement and oversee the quality of deliverables and effectively manage the team and day-to-day relationships to ensure exceptional performance. Managers participate in the development and presentation of proposals for business development activities.
Strategy and Operations
A part of Deloitte Consulting LLP, our Strategy & Operations consultants offer insightful recommendations and data-fueled strategies to help our clients address some of their most complex business issues. We are a diverse and talented team that supports a collaborative culture and delivers value through the application of technology, strategy, and process improvement. We tackle our clients’ organizational strategy, financial management, supply management, innovation, and growth issues and help to enhance their business performance, productivity, and long-term profitability. Join us, and play a key role in designing our clients’ roadmap to the future. Learn more about our Strategy & Operations practice.
Mergers and Acquisitions
Fusing leading acquisition and divestiture experience with broad global scale and industry and functional depth, our services span the M&A lifecycle from growth strategy to target screening and diligence, through integration and separation execution. We work closely with our M&A colleagues to position the critical aspects of people, process, and technology to be addressed at each stage of the M&A life cycle. We provide corporate and private equity investors with a broad continuum of knowledge and tools for mergers, divestitures, joint ventures and alliances. We consult to our clients in areas such as M&A strategy, commercial & operational due diligence, integration strategy and execution, divestiture strategy and execution, functional integration and carve outs, and M&A capability development. From start to finish, at Deloitte Consulting LLP we help our clients achieve the transaction’s maximum potential while minimizing their risk. Learn more about our Mergers & Acquisitions practice.
A candidate must meet the minimum experience in one or more of the below:
Must have a minimum of 6 years M&A or M&A Service Delivery:
- Experience planning and implementing integration and separation projects as the result of M&A activity.
- Ability to work with clients on Day One readiness and execution.
- Proficiency executing synergy targeting and realization.
- Experience conducting operating model fine-tuning and organizational design.
- Understanding of cross-functional and functional coordination.
- Experience with staff development and eagerness to mentor junior practitioners.
- Experience and ability to perform analysis and synthesize data into useful insights. Experience in financial analysis, operational performance improvement analysis and financial modeling.
- Experience managing large projects through a PMO or participating in a PMO as a workstream lead.
- Experience with project management tools and techniques such as developing a project plan, milestone plan, dependency identification, status reporting, and issue resolution.
- Knowledge of core financial processes (order-to-cash, procure-to-pay, record-to-report, etc.) and potential impacts associated with merger activities.
- Industry or consulting experience with financial reporting, finance processes, finance transformation/strategy, or finance shared services, particularly in relation to M&A or restructuring activity.
- Experience in M&A synergy capture, operational restructuring, cost reduction, shared services, outsourcing and process redesign.
- A Bachelor’s Degree is required.
- Ability to travel 80-100% required.
- Strong oral and written communication skills, including presentation skills (MS Visio, MS PowerPoint).
- Strong problem solving and troubleshooting skills with the ability to exercise mature judgment.
- Apply practical experience with communications, culture, and change management.
- Ability to work independently and manage multiple task assignments.
- An advanced degree is preferred.
How you’ll grow
At Deloitte, our professional development plan focuses on helping people at every level of their career to identify and use their strengths to do their best work every day. From entry-level employees to senior leaders, we believe there’s always room to learn. We offer opportunities to help sharpen skills in addition to hands-on experience in the global, fast-changing business world. From on-the-job learning experiences to formal development programs at Deloitte University, our professionals have a variety of opportunities to continue to grow throughout their career. Explore Deloitte University, The Leadership Center.
At Deloitte, we know that great people make a great organization. We value our people and offer employees a broad range of benefits. Learn more about what working at Deloitte can mean for you.
Our positive and supportive culture encourages our people to do their best work every day. We celebrate individuals by recognizing their uniqueness and offering them the flexibility to make daily choices that can help them to be healthy, centered, confident, and aware. We offer well-being programs and are continuously looking for new ways to maintain a culture where our people excel and lead healthy, happy lives. Learn more about Life at Deloitte.
Deloitte is led by a purpose: to make an impact that matters. This purpose defines who we are and extends to relationships with our clients, our people and our communities. We believe that business has the power to inspire and transform. We focus on education, giving, skill-based volunteerism, and leadership to help drive positive social impact in our communities. Learn more about Deloitte’s impact on the world.
We want job seekers exploring opportunities at Deloitte to feel prepared and confident. To help you with your interview, we suggest that you do your research: know some background about the organization and the business area you’re applying to. Check out recruiting tips from Deloitte professionals.
Requisition code: E17NATCMGRKC002-SO
See Inside the Office of Deloitte
One of the largest professional services organizations in the U.S., Deloitte delivers innovative solutions to the complex business problems facing companies around the world. Deloitte offers rewarding careers in four businesses—audit, tax, consulting, and financial advisory. Widely recognized for its inclusion initiatives, Deloitte is committed to building a workplace environment that allows people from all generations, ethnicities, and cultures to be their authentic selves.
Back to top