Strategy and Analytics - Enterprise Strategy (Military Readiness) Specialist
Government & Public Services (GPS) - Strategy and Analytics
Enterprise Strategy (Military Readiness)
Are you a leader interested in working in a dynamic team based environment that offers opportunity for new and challenging responsibilities? Are you passionate about helping clients align their business model, operating model, processes, technology and workforce with their larger business vision and strategy? If you are seeking a role that offers you the opportunity to advise government (Federal, State, Local) clients through critical and complex issues to change how they manage their operations, while allowing you to develop personally and professionally, consider a career in Deloitte's Strategy and Analytics practice!
Work you'll do
As a Specialist Master (Subject Matter Expert), you will:
· Work with leaders of mission and mission-support business units to structure and drive complex, large-scale initiatives across several key dimensions of, and the full life-cycle of military readiness.
· Work with client account teams and their clients to shape, win, and lead opportunities focused on improving military readiness - current and future operations.
· Work with broader Deloitte practices to bring the best of Deloitte functional and industry capabilities to support readiness initiatives.
· Serve as a subject matter expert on topics related to policy / business reform, improving readiness (capability, capacity), and use of innovative technologies and models to achieve readiness objectives.
· Train and grow the next generation of Public Sector practitioners through recruitment, training, and mentorship of junior staff.
· Be a thought leader in government and public sector through publications, public speaking, and related eminence activities.
Deloitte's Government & Public Sector practice is passionate about making an impact with lasting change. Driving transformation with government clients requires fresh thinking and a creative approach. We collaborate with client teams and with teams from across our organization to help our clients change what they do and do what they do better to achieve their transformation vision.
Our Strategy & Analytics practice helps clients with their strategy, transformation, and analytics needs. We work across the enterprise and within operating models and organizational units, offering business, technology- and data-driven solutions to address our clients' transformation agenda. Join us, and play a key role in helping our clients achieve innovative, impactful, sustainable results!
• Bachelor's degree in Political Science, International Studies/Development, Business, or other related field.
• 10+ years of relevant industry and / or consulting experience
• 4+ years in a technical or functional leadership role
• Demonstrated experience with strategic development, organizational planning, and performance measurement.
• Understanding of the Universal Joint Task List (UJTL) community, organization, and the roles / responsibilities of each member - Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff, the Combatant Commands, Services, Combat Support Agencies, National Guard Bureau, and Joint Staff.
• Demonstrated experience with evaluating and driving large scale initiatives related to personnel readiness, training readiness, equipment readiness.
• Demonstrated knowledge of the mission planning, warfighting domains, and phases of operations.
• Broad understanding of the National Security Strategy, Chairman's Risk Assessment (CRA), Joint mission-essential tasks, and service specific mission essential task lists.
• Demonstrated ability to advise / influence leaders and policy related to planning, deployment, and sustainability of the total force to execute the Defense Strategy.
• Proven leadership skills demonstrating strong judgment, problem-solving, and decision-making abilities.
• Experience developing senior-level client relationships.
• Experience presenting to executives or other key decision makers to present and drive buy-in of ideas.
• Experience mentoring and coaching others.
· Active Security Clearance (DoD Secret or above)
· MBA, MPP (Preferred)
· Experience leading and working with multi-disciplinary teams
How you'll grow
At Deloitte, our professional development plan focuses on helping people at every level of their career to identify and use their strengths to do their best work every day. From entry-level employees to senior leaders, we believe there's always room to learn. We offer opportunities to help sharpen skills in addition to hands-on experience in the global, fast-changing business world. From on-the-job learning experiences to formal development programs at Deloitte University, our professionals have a variety of opportunities to continue to grow throughout their career. Explore Deloitte University, The Leadership Center.
At Deloitte, we know that great people make a great organization. We value our people and offer employees a broad range of benefits. Learn more about what working at Deloitte can mean for you.
Our positive and supportive culture encourages our people to do their best work every day. We celebrate individuals by recognizing their uniqueness and offering them the flexibility to make daily choices that can help them to be healthy, centered, confident, and aware. We offer well-being programs and are continuously looking for new ways to maintain a culture where our people excel and lead healthy, happy lives. Learn more about Life at Deloitte.
Deloitte is led by a purpose: to make an impact that matters. This purpose defines who we are and extends to relationships with our clients, our people and our communities. We believe that business has the power to inspire and transform. We focus on education, giving, skill-based volunteerism, and leadership to help drive positive social impact in our communities. Learn more about Deloitte's impact on the world.
We want job seekers exploring opportunities at Deloitte to feel prepared and confident. To help you with your interview, we suggest that you do your research: know some background about the organization and the business area you're applying to. Check out recruiting tips from Deloitte professionals.
As used in this posting, "Deloitte" means Deloitte Consulting LLP, a subsidiary of Deloitte LLP. Please see www.deloitte.com/us/about for a detailed description of the legal structure of Deloitte LLP and its subsidiaries. Certain services may not be available to attest clients under the rules and regulations of public accounting.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability or protected veteran status, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable law.
Requisition code: E18ROSSASPMLT-005
See Inside the Office of Deloitte
One of the largest professional services organizations in the U.S., Deloitte delivers innovative solutions to the complex business problems facing companies around the world. Deloitte offers rewarding careers in four businesses—audit, tax, consulting, and financial advisory. Widely recognized for its inclusion initiatives, Deloitte is committed to building a workplace environment that allows people from all generations, ethnicities, and cultures to be their authentic selves.
Back to top