Strategic Sourcing Consultant
Are you ready to enhance your analytical skills and build your career in a rapidly evolving business climate? Are you interested in joining a firm where professional development and growth opportunities are a part of its corporate culture? If you are seeking a role that offers you the opportunity to advise Federal clients through critical issues, while allowing you to develop personally and professionally, Deloitte could be the place for you! Join our team of Federal Supply Chain specialists and play a key role in helping to transform the Federal marketplace!
Work you'll do
As a Sr. Consultant within our Supply Chain team, you will:
- Improve customer service operations and develop cost-effective supply chain acquisition solutions
- Perform project tasks independently, and may direct the efforts of others
- Participate in and/or lead the development of deliverable content that meets the needs of the client and contract
- Anticipate client needs and formulate solutions to client issues
- Review deliverables for accuracy and quality
- Provides coaching to junior staff
- Contributes to new business proposals and proposal development
- Manages own personal and professional development; seeks opportunities for professional growth and expansion of consulting skills and experiences
- This highly visible client-facing role supports our client in identifying strategic sourcing opportunities critical in fulfilling the acquisition and procurement mission of the client at the Headquarters level. The candidate will work directly with GS-14/15 and SES level clients as one of the analytical work stream leads supporting the clients leadership in their various strategic and operational initiatives. Some of the initiatives include supporting continuous process improvement projects, conducting the annual spend analysis, defining strategic supplier engagement strategies and other program management support tasks.
- Heavily involved in strategic sourcing initiatives such as reverse auctions, long term contracting and automated contracting
- Responsible for conducting and presenting an annual client Enterprise-wide spend analysis
- Reporting metrics such as obligations and procurement lead times
Developing the Annual Operating Plan and the subsequent quarterly tracking reports
- Ad hoc reporting and extensive data analysis using the clients procurement data
- Provide program management support for high visibility briefings
- Utilize data visualization tools to brief Acquisition Program metrics
- Provide program management for J7 Initiatives
Transparency, innovation, collaboration, sustainability: these are the hallmark issues shaping Federal government initiatives today. Deloitte's Federal practice is passionate about making an impact with lasting change. Carrying out missions in the Federal practice requires fresh thinking and a creative approach. We collaborate with teams from across our organization in order to bring the full breadth of Deloitte, its commercial and public sector expertise, to best support our clients. Our aspiration is to be the premier integrated solutions provider in helping to transform the Federal marketplace.
Our team of talented and innovative Supply Chain and Manufacturing Operations professionals provide expertise to our Federal clients in the areas of: Product Development, Supply Chain Strategy and Planning, Sourcing & Procurement, and Logistics & Distribution Operations projects. We help our clients improve and enhance their global operations to meet the challenges of a rapidly evolving business landscape. Join us, and play a key role in helping to design our clients' roadmap to the future!
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Computer Science, or Engineering
- 3+ years of relevant consulting or industry experience
- Experience working independently with minimal supervision and guidance
- Strong problem solving and troubleshooting skills with experience exercising mature judgment
- Proven experience effectively prioritizing workload to meet deadlines and work objectives
- Demonstrated ability to write clearly, succinctly, and in a manner that appeals to a wide audience
- Proficiency in word processing, spreadsheet, and presentation creation tools, as well as Internet research tools
- Ability to obtain and maintain the required Security Clearance for this role
- Prior professional services or federal consulting experience
- Supply Chain optimization experience
How you'll grow
At Deloitte, our professional development plan focuses on helping people at every level of their career to identify and use their strengths to do their best work every day. From entry-level employees to senior leaders, we believe there's always room to learn. We offer opportunities to help sharpen skills in addition to hands-on experience in the global, fast-changing business world. From on-the-job learning experiences to formal development programs at Deloitte University, our professionals have a variety of opportunities to continue to grow throughout their career. Explore Deloitte University, The Leadership Center.
At Deloitte, we know that great people make a great organization. We value our people and offer employees a broad range of benefits. Learn more about what working at Deloitte can mean for you.
Our positive and supportive culture encourages our people to do their best work every day. We celebrate individuals by recognizing their uniqueness and offering them the flexibility to make daily choices that can help them to be healthy, centered, confident, and aware. We offer well-being programs and are continuously looking for new ways to maintain a culture where our people excel and lead healthy, happy lives. Learn more about Life at Deloitte.
Deloitte is led by a purpose: to make an impact that matters. This purpose defines who we are and extends to relationships with our clients, our people and our communities. We believe that business has the power to inspire and transform. We focus on education, giving, skill-based volunteerism, and leadership to help drive positive social impact in our communities. Learn more about Deloitte's impact on the world.
We want job seekers exploring opportunities at Deloitte to feel prepared and confident. To help you with your interview, we suggest that you do your research: know some background about the organization and the business area you're applying to. Check out recruiting tips from Deloitte professionals.
Requisition code: E17ROSCSRCKD41200
See Inside the Office of Deloitte
One of the largest professional services organizations in the U.S., Deloitte delivers innovative solutions to the complex business problems facing companies around the world. Deloitte offers rewarding careers in four businesses—audit, tax, consulting, and financial advisory. Widely recognized for its inclusion initiatives, Deloitte is committed to building a workplace environment that allows people from all generations, ethnicities, and cultures to be their authentic selves.
Back to top