Strategic Marketing Planner Manager – Consumer & Industrial Products
Strategic Marketing Planner – Consumer & Industrial Products (C&IP)
Are you a marketing professional — with strong ties in advisory and professional services marketing — who is unafraid to think differently, always thinks strategically, and keeps current on the latest trends? A team player who can creatively build strategic campaigns tied to business objectives? We are seeking passionate and experienced professionals to play in this world. If this is you, hit the "apply now" button!
What you'll do:
As a Strategic Marketing Planner (SMP) in Deloitte Risk and Financial Advisory, a subsidiary of the Deloitte US Firms, you will contribute to the growth and development of our organization in a variety of ways, including:
- Develop strategic marketing plans that show a clear understanding of business drivers and buyer behaviors in the industry area of Consumer & Industrial Products (C&IP)
- Work directly with leaders in the firm focusing on C&IP, and their extended leadership teams, to set marketing objectives and strategy for C&IP industry programs, providing both counsel and execution support
- Develop, maintain, and drive prioritization of C&IP marketing campaigns and major events
- Design, plan and execute campaigns, utilizing integrated and innovative solutions that leverage a multi-channel approach
- Collaborate across the organization and with other SMPs to design and deliver campaigns
- Effectively manage and track budgets
- Develop metrics and KPIs to measure outcomes and drive continuous improvement in campaign performance
- Understand internal quality processes, systems, and functions, and appropriately manage external agencies and vendors
Deloitte's Marketing & Communications team combines the power of Deloitte's brand with the most inspired marketing techniques to produce business results for our clients. From events to social media to digital strategy and execution, we elevate the Deloitte brand and strategic positioning, delivering a cohesive, consistent experience. The team brings together creative and technology skills, business insights, and industry best practices to develop innovative creative assets that engage our clients.
Skills and Competencies:
- Deep understanding of sectors within C&IP and key dynamics such as:
- Cross sector C&IP: cyber risk, industry outlooks, and consumer trends
- Retail, wholesale & distribution
- Travel, hospitality & services
- Consumer products
- Aerospace & defense
- Chemicals & specialty materials
- Industrial products
- Demonstrated ability to develop marketing plans to drive business impact and relevance for senior -- including CXO-level -- clients
- Ability to work with matrixed teams to drive execution
- Ability to manage multiple and complex priorities in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to make connections in highly matrixed environment, with eye on integration
- Strong persuasive communication skills; able to gain consensus through influence and pivot when warranted; ability to advise on alternative solutions
- Executive presence, professional client service manner, demonstrated ability to take initiative and be accountable.
- 8+ years of experience in marketing, with a focus on marketing and communications strategy and planning
- Undergraduate degree, ideally with a focus in Marketing, Communication, English or a related business field
- Deep understanding of integrated marketing and communications strategies and how they come together to provide measurable results
- Superior Microsoft Office skills (e.g., Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook); familiarity with integrating various technologies to support marketing efforts
How you'll grow
At Deloitte, our professional development plan focuses on helping people at every level of their career to identify and use their strengths to do their best work every day. From entry-level employees to senior leaders, we believe there's always room to learn. We offer opportunities to help sharpen skills in addition to hands-on experience in the global, fast-changing business world. From on-the-job learning experiences to formal development programs at Deloitte University, our professionals have a variety of opportunities to continue to grow throughout their career. Explore Deloitte University, The Leadership Center.
At Deloitte, we know that great people make a great organization. We value our people and offer employees a broad range of benefits. Learn more about what working at Deloitte can mean for you.
Our positive and supportive culture encourages our people to do their best work every day. We celebrate individuals by recognizing their uniqueness and offering them the flexibility to make daily choices that can help them to be healthy, centered, confident, and aware. We offer well-being programs and are continuously looking for new ways to maintain a culture where our people excel and lead healthy, happy lives. Learn more about Life at Deloitte.
Deloitte is led by a purpose: to make an impact that matters. This purpose defines who we are and extends to relationships with our clients, our people and our communities. We believe that business has the power to inspire and transform. We focus on education, giving, skill-based volunteerism, and leadership to help drive positive social impact in our communities. Learn more about Deloitte's impact on the world.
We want job seekers exploring opportunities at Deloitte to feel prepared and confident. To help you with your interview, we suggest that you do your research: know some background about the organization and the business area you're applying to. Check out recruiting tips from Deloitte professionals.
Requisition code: E18NATSSRMJK061-CL6
See Inside the Office of Deloitte
One of the largest professional services organizations in the U.S., Deloitte delivers innovative solutions to the complex business problems facing companies around the world. Deloitte offers rewarding careers in four businesses—audit, tax, consulting, and financial advisory. Widely recognized for its inclusion initiatives, Deloitte is committed to building a workplace environment that allows people from all generations, ethnicities, and cultures to be their authentic selves.
Back to top