Strategic Marketing Planner, Manager
Title: Strategic Marketing Planner, Audit Marketing
Location: Bay area preferred
Deloitte Services LP, a subsidiary of the Deloitte US Firms, provides a wide variety of internal support services to Deloitte & Touche USA LLP and its subsidiaries ("the Deloitte U.S. Firms") and its people. Deloitte Services is comprised of Operations, Financial Support Services, Information Technology, Marketing & Communications, Human Resources and more. As with all the businesses within the Deloitte U.S. Entities, a core set of competencies is associated with each of these channels. An overall understanding of quality client service, experience in working on multifunctional teams and across multiple geographies, strong business acumen and the instinct to think and act globally are essential for advancement within Deloitte Services.
Deloitte Services LP, a subsidiary of the Deloitte U.S. Firms, has an opportunity for a Strategic Marketing Planner (SMP) supporting the Audit practice of Deloitte & Touche LLP. The SMP will support the Technology, Media & Telecommunications (TMT) industry and will oversee the Audit industry marketing team with the goal of developing a strategic marketing approach across Audit. This person will provide a suite of marketing services ranging from event support to social media to thoughtware creation. This person will work with Marketing Services as well as outside agencies. The successful candidate is a team player, creative thinker, and proactive practitioner who has an operational, executional mindset and can work at both strategic and tactical levels to deliver high-value marketing results.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Industry Leader: Manage the Audit industry marketing team working to develop key marketing priorities and synergies across industries.
- TMT Industry: Team closely and work collaboratively with the TMT industry marketing team on all projects. Develop a strong relationship with the Audit TMT industry leader, sector leaders and professionals highly engaged in industry marketing activities.
- Events: Support major events and sponsorships including developing the strategic event plan and working with Marketing Services to manage logistics, including invitation, registration site, booth, on-site materials, staffing, etc.
- Content Development / Materials Creation: Draft content for sales sheets, brochures and other communications. Support the entire process for creating materials from drafting content to approvals to design.
- Deloitte.com: Provide support for Deloitte.com TMT pages as necessary, including drafting new content, creating new pages, and cross-promoting pieces.
- Thoughtware: Support the development of thoughtware including working with external writers and / or PR professionals to create articles, press releases, messages.
- Measurement: Track, monitor and evaluate activities and accomplishments and provide recommendations to senior leadership as needed.
- Marketing / communications professional with a minimum of 10+ years relevant experience
- A Bachelor's degree, preferably in Communications, English, Public Relations or Journalism, is required
- Strong knowledge of marketing and communications strategic practices
- Proven success in developing and executing marketing programs, including digital and social media, for a large business, preferably in professional services
- Innovative, creative, curious mindset, willing to learn about, experiment with and champion new media and channels
- Experience collaborating with teams in a professional services or large, matrix organization preferred
- Strong writing, editing, and copy editing skills and previous writing/editing experience in corporate communications, PR, or journalism fields required
- Superlative project management skills
- Ability to work well in a virtual team environment
- Demonstrated ability to take initiative and interact with all levels of management
- Works well under pressure and can effectively and professionally handle tough issues
- Experience in measuring the effectiveness of communication strategies and approaches
- . Expert-level proficiency with Microsoft PowerPoint, Outlook and Word. Knowledgeable in all aspects of Microsoft Office and ancillary programs.
Deloitte is one of the leading professional services organizations in the United States, specializing in audit, tax, consulting, and financial advisory services with clients in more than 20 industries. We provide powerful business solutions to some of the world's most well-known and respected companies, including more than 75 percent of the Fortune 100.
At Deloitte, you can have a rewarding career on every level. In addition to challenging and meaningful work, you'll have the chance to give back to your community, make a positive impact on the environment, participate in a range of diversity and inclusion initiatives, and find the support, coaching, and training it takes to advance your career. Our commitment to individual choice lets you customize aspects of your career path, your educational opportunities and your benefits. And our culture of innovation means your ideas on how to improve our business and your clients' will be heard.
As used in this document, "Deloitte" means Deloitte LLP and its subsidiaries. Please see www.deloitte.com/us/about for a detailed description of the legal structure of Deloitte LLP and its subsidiaries. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin, disability or protected veteran status, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable law.
Disclaimer: If you are not reviewing this job posting on our Careers' site (jobs2.deloitte.com) or one of our approved job boards we cannot guarantee the validity of this posting. For a list of our current postings, please visit us at jobs2.deloitte.com.
Requisition code: E18NATSMGRJK090-CL5
See Inside the Office of Deloitte
One of the largest professional services organizations in the U.S., Deloitte delivers innovative solutions to the complex business problems facing companies around the world. Deloitte offers rewarding careers in four businesses—audit, tax, consulting, and financial advisory. Widely recognized for its inclusion initiatives, Deloitte is committed to building a workplace environment that allows people from all generations, ethnicities, and cultures to be their authentic selves.
Back to top