Strategic Initiatives – Consultant
Strategy Consultant – Consultant, GES
Come join the world’s leading professional services firm where you will be heavily engaged on multimillion dollar, multi-year transformation programs. If you are prepared and poised to take the next step in your career where you can help drive strategic initiatives across a global business platform, we want to talk to you. The time is now for you to fulfill your greatest potential and reap the rewards of your significant efforts!
Work you’ll do
As a Strategy Consultant, you will be joining a dynamic and growing practice within the Tax function – Global Employer Services (GES) team – to support key strategic initiatives and operations efforts. You will be responsible for technology applications used by our internal and external clients. You will work with project managers driving strategic initiatives to transform our global business over the next five years and beyond. Given the scope and complexity of our current initiatives, and the high levels of visibility with top leaders within the firm – the expectations for this candidate to be able to deliver quality results will be very high. Additional responsibilities include:
Support strategic initiatives
- Understand how strategic initiatives align with overall GES Technology short- and long-term strategies
- Provide project support to leadership
- Identify and execute upon opportunities for improved efficiencies and enhanced risk management
- Support project efforts in defining scope, planning, executing and reporting to stakeholders on strategic initiatives
- Analyze complex issues and conduct quantitative analyses to determine the feasibility of operational and investment decisions
- Develop executive presentations for stakeholder communications on strategic initiatives progress, risks and budget results
- Understand, monitor, and report on key project indicators, including financial and schedule metrics
Support ongoing Technology Team operations
- wSupport operations leadership with day-to-day activities including financial analysis / management activities, executive presentations, and general operations management activities
At Deloitte Tax LLP, our Global Employer Services tax consultants help multinational clients develop tax-aligned compensation and benefits programs that address their international and domestic needs. Our consultants come from global compensation and benefits backgrounds and work with clients to streamline business operations while managing the scalability, risks, and costs of programs. Our team offers a full range of services and guides clients through their processes, technologies, and strategies. Learn more about Deloitte Tax Global Employer Services.
- 3+ years of experience working on strategic initiatives within a large, matrixed and complex organization; previous consulting experience strongly preferred
- Experience developing executive communications, both written and verbal
- Strategic thinker with the proven ability to identify opportunities, formulate supporting business cases and gain support from stakeholders
- Proven ability to quickly earn the trust of others and develop relationships across the organization
- Ability to communicate effectively with clarity and precision in both written and verbal capacities
- Excellent problem solving and critical thinking skills
- Bias towards delivering impactful results
- Mastery of Microsoft applications (e.g., Word, PowerPoint, Excel)
- Education: Bachelor’s degree
- Location: Dallas Deloitte office (2200 Ross Ave. Dallas, TX, United States)
- Position may require 10% travel to Hyderabad, India
- Previous Big 4 or major consulting experience
- Knowledge of tax accounting systems and related technology
Our strategy is simple: we hire energetic, innovative individuals who see beyond the obvious. Who can think broadly and deeply, bringing greater value to the business.
How you’ll grow
At Deloitte, our professional development plan focuses on helping people at every level of their career to identify and use their strengths to do their best work every day. From entry-level employees to senior leaders, we believe there’s always room to learn. We offer opportunities to help sharpen skills in addition to hands-on experience in the global, fast-changing business world. From on-the-job learning experiences to formal development programs at Deloitte University, our professionals have a variety of opportunities to continue to grow throughout their career. Explore Deloitte University, The Leadership Center.
At Deloitte, we know that great people make a great organization. We value our people and offer employees a broad range of benefits. Learn more about what working at Deloitte can mean for you.
Our positive and supportive culture encourages our people to do their best work every day. We celebrate individuals by recognizing their uniqueness and offering them the flexibility to make daily choices that can help them to be healthy, centered, confident, and aware. We offer well-being programs and are continuously looking for new ways to maintain a culture where our people excel and lead healthy, happy lives. Learn more about Life at Deloitte.
Deloitte is led by a purpose: to make an impact that matters. This purpose defines who we are and extends to relationships with our clients, our people and our communities. We believe that business has the power to inspire and transform. We focus on education, giving, skill-based volunteerism, and leadership to help drive positive social impact in our communities. Learn more about Deloitte’s impact on the world.
We want job seekers exploring opportunities at Deloitte to feel prepared and confident. To help you with your interview, we suggest that you do your research: know some background about the organization and the business area you’re applying to. Check out recruiting tips from Deloitte professionals.
Requisition code: E17DALTSRCJD013-GES
See Inside the Office of Deloitte
One of the largest professional services organizations in the U.S., Deloitte delivers innovative solutions to the complex business problems facing companies around the world. Deloitte offers rewarding careers in four businesses—audit, tax, consulting, and financial advisory. Widely recognized for its inclusion initiatives, Deloitte is committed to building a workplace environment that allows people from all generations, ethnicities, and cultures to be their authentic selves.
Back to top