Strategic Communications Manager
Deloitte Services LP includes internal support areas such as Marketing and Communications, Human Resources/Talent, Information Technology, Facilities Management, and Financial Support Services.
Strategic Communications Manager
Are you passionate about technology and interested in joining a community of collaborative colleagues who respectfully and courageously seek to challenge the status quo? If so, read on to learn more about an exciting opportunity with Deloitte's Information Technology Services (ITS). We are insatiably curious and life-long learners focused on technology and innovation.
Work you'll do
The Strategic Communications Manager is responsible for the delivery of strategic communications on cyber risk program initiatives to stakeholders within the firm. This role works closely with Cyber Chief of Staff, Cyber Security leadership and various business units that have close working relationship with the US CISO organization to develop communications for strategic programs and internal initiatives.
The successful candidate is a team player, creative thinker, excellent project manager, and proactive practitioner who has an operational, executional mindset and can work at both strategic and tactical levels to deliver high-value communications results.
- Develop and manage comprehensive communication strategy and plan for the Office of the CISO
- Lead the strategic planning and tactical delivery of a high-profile Cyber communications program aimed at engaging target audiences
- Provide strategic guidance and impactful materials for the Office of the Chief Information Security Officer (OCISO)
- Lead the hands-on production of deliverables including executive presentations and leadership talking points for the cyber organization
- Bring a creative mindset and exceptional design and writing skills to planning, writing, editing, and publishing communications
- Serve as a trusted advisor communications best practices and support Cyber teams and stakeholders in communications planning and execution
- Continually identify and advance opportunities to innovate and to streamline communications and operations.
- Develop collaborative, consultative relationships with communications colleagues across the organization to support far-reaching communications and business initiatives.
- Support the Office of the CISO day-to-day operations, stepping in as a team player to assist in such tasks as planning and delivery of webcasts and large internal meetings, measuring communications effectiveness, business reporting, and distribution list management.
Information Technology Services (ITS) helps power Deloitte's success. ITS is the engine that drives Deloitte, which serves many of the world's largest, most respected organizations. We develop and deploy cutting-edge internal and go-to-market solutions that help Deloitte operate effectively and lead in the market. Our reputation is built on a tradition of delivering with excellence.
The 2,200 professionals in ITS deliver services including:
- Security, risk & compliance
- Technology support
- Relationship management
The Cyber Security team vigilantly protects Deloitte and client data. The team is responsible for a strategic cyber risk program which adapts to a rapidly changing threat landscape, changes in business strategies, risks, and vulnerabilities. Using situational awareness, threat intelligence, and building a security culture across the organization, the team protects the Deloitte brand.
- Communications professional with a minimum of 5+ years relevant experience
- A Bachelor's degree, preferably in Business Administration, Communications, or English, is required. And advanced degree is preferred.
- Proven success in developing and executing communications strategy for a large business, preferably in professional services
- Ability to effectively communicate complex ideas and concepts in a simple and elegant way. Superior writing, editing, and presentation development skills.
- Strong communication, listening and facilitation skills
- Excellent time management and related organizational skills, including appropriate sense of urgency, a proactive approach, and a suitable ability to anticipate and manage project lifecycle events, issues and obstacles
- Superior project management skills. Able to manage several projects simultaneously and autonomously, as well as prioritize as necessary. Must be comfortable spearheading and managing projects autonomously
- Experience in successfully managing and delivering sensitive, crisis and executive communications
- Be a critical thinker but also execute on the details; outstanding analytical, research and presentation skills
- High degree of self-confidence, poise, maturity, discretion, diplomacy and empathy
As part of the interview process, candidates will be asked to participate in a writing sample exercise.
How you'll grow
At Deloitte, our professional development plan focuses on helping people at every level of their career to identify and use their strengths to do their best work every day. From entry-level employees to senior leaders, we believe there's always room to learn. We offer opportunities to help sharpen skills in addition to hands-on experience in the global, fast-changing business world. From on-the-job learning experiences to formal development programs, our professionals have a variety of opportunities to continue to grow throughout their career.
At Deloitte, we know that great people make a great organization. We value our people and offer employees a broad range of benefits. Learn more about what working at Deloitte can mean for you.
Our positive and supportive culture encourages our people to do their best work every day. We celebrate individuals by recognizing their uniqueness and offering them the flexibility to make daily choices that can help them to be healthy, centered, confident, and aware. We offer well-being programs and are continuously looking for new ways to maintain a culture where our people excel and lead healthy, happy lives. Learn more about Life at Deloitte.
Deloitte is led by a purpose: to make an impact that matters. This purpose defines who we are and extends to relationships with our clients, our people and our communities. We believe that business has the power to inspire and transform. We focus on education, giving, skill-based volunteerism, and leadership to help drive positive social impact in our communities. Learn more about Deloitte's impact on the world.
We want job seekers exploring opportunities at Deloitte to feel prepared and confident. To help you with your interview, we suggest that you do your research: know some background about the organization and the business area you're applying to. Check out recruiting tips from Deloitte professionals.
As used in this posting, "Deloitte" means Deloitte Services LP, a subsidiary of Deloitte LLP. Please see www.deloitte.com/us/about for a detailed description of the legal structure of Deloitte LLP and its subsidiaries.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability or protected veteran status, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable law.
Deloitte will consider for employment all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws. See notices of various ban-the-box laws where available. https://www2.deloitte.com/us/en/pages/careers/articles/ban-the-box-notices.html
Requisition code: E18NATSMGRNM028-ITL5
See Inside the Office of Deloitte
One of the largest professional services organizations in the U.S., Deloitte delivers innovative solutions to the complex business problems facing companies around the world. Deloitte offers rewarding careers in four businesses—audit, tax, consulting, and financial advisory. Widely recognized for its inclusion initiatives, Deloitte is committed to building a workplace environment that allows people from all generations, ethnicities, and cultures to be their authentic selves.
Back to top