Strategic Business Continuity Management, Crisis Management Solutions Manager
Strategic Risk Services: Manager, Business Continuity Management
Strategic Risk Services provides a platform of advisory and managed services designed to help senior executives spot, assess, manage, and respond to risks and catastrophic unforeseen incidents that could undermine their competitive position and jeopardize their critical assets, reputation, and/or financial standing. Strategic Risk Services was designed to build trusted relationships with senior executives by giving them the confidence to navigate in a VUCA (Volatile, Uncertain, Complex, Ambiguous) world.
It takes a special kind of person to be on a team like this. Someone who thrives in an environment of transparency, connection, innovation, and teamwork. The issues we help our clients with are complex and require sophisticated solutions – the type of solutions that are best created by people who have the courage and confidence to challenge convention, and also the humility to build on the work of others. Strategic Risk Services is a great work environment with highly talented people, are you ready to join us?
We are looking for a Business Continuity Management (BCM) specialist to join Strategic Risk Services to assist organizations identify, mitigate and, respond to organizational and operational resilience risks. You will work with a group of high impact professionals driving growth opportunities for Deloitte. Our team designs, implements and, maintains strategies that minimize the likelihood of a disruptive incident affecting organizations. We also enable clients to efficiently respond and recover affected resources in order to minimize the duration of impact if a disruptive incident does occur.
Work you’ll do
- Lead high impact teams in the design, development, implementation and, validation of resilience capabilities across disciplines including business continuity, crisis management, disaster recovery, risk management and, emergency response
- Partner with clients to identify, analyze, and implement resilience strategies to minimize risk impacts and maximize risk rewards
- Support the Strategic Risk Services leadership and teams on pursuits and special projects
- Contribute eminence to expand the Strategic Risk Services portfolio and the industries and clients we serve
- 6+ years’ experience in risk management or related field such as business continuity management and cyber risk. Demonstrated experience with risk evaluation and control, business impact analysis, business continuity strategy development, emergency response and operations, developing and implementing business continuity plans, developing technology and business process recovery strategies, conducting training and exercise and, crisis management planning.
- Previous experience with business process assessment/improvement required.
- Supervisory experience and demonstrated leadership capabilities required Experience with internal controls, application reviews, internal IT control testing or operational auditing a plus.
- General understanding of security and/or systems change control concepts.
- 3+ years of related experience within consulting or professional services required.
- Demonstrated ability to write report segments and to participate in presentations.
- CBCP or MBCP certification preferred.
- BA/BS in Business Administration, Accounting, Finance, Computer Science, Information Systems Administration or related field.
- Willingness to travel.
- Growth mindset, highly adaptable, able to adjust performance based on coaching
- Strategic, critical, logical, and creative thinker
- Takes initiative, able to craft role and lead others, comes with a natural tendency towards solutions
- Brings a positive approach, easy to work with, enjoys working with other accomplished, strong professionals
How you’ll grow
At Deloitte, our professional development plan focuses on helping people at every level of their career to identify and use their strengths to do their best work every day. From entry-level employees to senior leaders, we believe there’s always room to learn. We offer opportunities to help sharpen skills in addition to hands-on experience in the global, fast-changing business world. From on-the-job learning experiences to formal development programs at Deloitte University, our professionals have a variety of opportunities to continue to grow throughout their career. Explore Deloitte University, The Leadership Center.
At Deloitte, we know that great people make a great organization. We value our people and offer employees a broad range of benefits. Learn more about what working at Deloitte can mean for you.
Our positive and supportive culture encourages our people to do their best work every day. We celebrate individuals by recognizing their uniqueness and offering them the flexibility to make daily choices that can help them to be healthy, centered, confident, and aware. We offer well-being programs and are continuously looking for new ways to maintain a culture where our people excel and lead healthy, happy lives. Learn more about Life at Deloitte.
Deloitte is led by a purpose: to make an impact that matters. This purpose defines who we are and extends to relationships with our clients, our people and our communities. We believe that business has the power to inspire and transform. We focus on education, giving, skill-based volunteerism, and leadership to help drive positive social impact in our communities. Learn more about Deloitte’s impact on the world.
We want job seekers exploring opportunities at Deloitte to feel prepared and confident. To help you with your interview, we suggest that you do your research: know some background about the organization and the business area you’re applying to. Check out recruiting tips from Deloitte professionals.
Requisition code: E17NATMGRKS450-BCM
See Inside the Office of Deloitte
One of the largest professional services organizations in the U.S., Deloitte delivers innovative solutions to the complex business problems facing companies around the world. Deloitte offers rewarding careers in four businesses—audit, tax, consulting, and financial advisory. Widely recognized for its inclusion initiatives, Deloitte is committed to building a workplace environment that allows people from all generations, ethnicities, and cultures to be their authentic selves.
Back to top