Sr Systems Administrator
Deloitte Services LP includes internal support areas such as Marketing and Communications, Human Resources/Talent, Information Technology, Facilities Management, and Financial Support Services.
Administers, configures, monitors and tests infrastructure systems. Provides suggestions and recommendations for new solutions. Proactively monitors infrastructure systems for availability, trending capacity. Resolves incidents or findings during the day. Creates and assigns incident tickets in Service Desk if unable to resolve. Follow-up on any incidents with the various Infrastructure service teams to closure. They will work closely with USI counterparts to efficiently and accurately pick up or hand off work between shifts. They will specialize in one of the following technologies: Database, Servers, Network, Network Security, or Enterprise Applications.
Illustrative Duties and Responsibilities
- Performs daily system monitoring, verifying integrity and availability of hardware, network and server installations, configuration, systems and key processes, performance, testing, and verifies completion of scheduled jobs such as backups, restores, and patches.
- Provides input and recommendations on new potential technology solutions based on research and analysis.
- Participates in the design and implementation of solutions to meet business and technical objectives.
- Reviews current tools and KPIs to ensure they are relevant and make recommendations for any changes to the IOC manager and service leaders.
- Analyzes and resolves technology and end user incidents during standard business hours; Monitors issue resolutions and collaborates with the appropriate team and engineers when necessary to resolve and apply fixes.
- Maintains standard operations procedure documentation
- Ensures compliance with standard operating procedures and policies.
- Maintains accurate records on activities and actions taken to maintain and prevent issues in the infrastructure.
- Assists with special projects and initiatives.
- Create basic scripts to help with monitoring and discovery of potential issues.
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned.
Required Technical Skills
- Basic scripting; Proficient Microsoft Office Skills; MS SQL Server/Oracle experience a plus, SAP, andinfrastructure skills
- Required Licenses, Certifications, and Other Requirements
- Prefer MCSE certification or training
Education & Experience
Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or related technical discipline preferred; Minimum of 3 years of related experience in technology infrastructure, operating systems configuration and installation, enterprise network computing support, design and security
Requisition code: E17NATSSPESH028-ITL4
See Inside the Office of Deloitte
One of the largest professional services organizations in the U.S., Deloitte delivers innovative solutions to the complex business problems facing companies around the world. Deloitte offers rewarding careers in four businesses—audit, tax, consulting, and financial advisory. Widely recognized for its inclusion initiatives, Deloitte is committed to building a workplace environment that allows people from all generations, ethnicities, and cultures to be their authentic selves.
Back to top