Sr. Enterprise Security Architect- Deloitte Global
Deloitte leads with purpose, solving complex issues for our clients and communities. Across disciplines and across borders, Deloitte Global supports our network of member firms by developing and driving global strategy, programs, and platforms, and creating new solutions and transformational experiences. Our people share a passion for igniting change and a strong service orientation that shapes our organization and those it supports.
Serves as the GISO subject matter expert and project leader for a number of key Global Security Strategy initiatives with a primary focus on security architecture, member firm requirements, IAM, cloud, user experience and practitioner productivity.
Provides overall direction, guidance and definition of enterprise solutions to effectively support the business strategy. Responsibilities include researching, analyzing, and designing, proposing, and delivering solutions that are appropriate for the business and technology and security strategies. Responsible for conception of solutions, building consensus and the selling and execution of such solutions. Serves as a technical expert and critical resource across multiple disciplines.
Ability to apply security architecture principles and requirements in an environment focused on reduced time to market for services through automation and commoditized technology service delivery models (e.g. Cloud delivery models SaaS and PaaS).
The position is a key advisor to GISO, DTTL, and member firm leadership and is the subject matter expert in a number of security areas including cloud, endpoint protection, identity, encryption, network and mobile, as well as other data centre technologies. Ability to work with external vendors, integrating third party products into existing internal systems.
Illustrative Duties and Responsibilities
- Provides technical and architectural leadership, with a primary focus on security, on various business and enterprise applications, services and solutions. Works with DTTL and member firm architecture, development, and infrastructure teams to produce an optimal, high level, conceptual design for the project. Delivers secure enterprise level solutions that integrate across applications, systems and platforms.
- Defines security architecture and executes Global Security Strategy initiatives, ensuring alignment with member firm requirements, technology industry standards, application technology roadmap, and business needs. Researches emerging technologies and solutions to solve complex business problems. Proposes and maintains reference architecture.
- Directs and manages architecture development, review and approval processes and integration with other applicable organizational processes. Ensures proper functioning and alignment with product/application strategy and roadmap.
- Consults with business leaders and DTTL business representatives to ensure understanding of the business requirements and future strategic direction of the business/function. Partners with business analysts, systems analysts and engineers to define and review requirements. Advises and consults senior leadership on costs, benefits, and implementation of technology security solutions.
- Recommends changes in process, policies, and standards as they relate to the architecture and design principles.
- May manage relationship with outside vendors.
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned.
Required Technical Skills
Advanced proficiency and subject matter expert across multiple technical areas and business segments including cloud, network, mobile, identity, enterprise applications and solutions architecture. Strong project management skills; in-depth business and domain (functional/technical) knowledge. In depth experience with project software development lifecycle and architecture standards design and implementation (including strategy, user experience, performance, controls, stability, quality and enterprise security requirements).
Familiarity with software development lifecycle approaches (i.e. Waterfall, RUP, Agile), software architecture and technical design of enterprise solutions (i.e. Object and Service Orientation, API / web service integration), innovation and design patterns (i.e. MVP, Micro Services), big data and visualization, data science and analytics, and machine learning.
Ability to act as futurist/visionary to understand likely future evolutions of technology and architectures (infrastructure and applications), plan for future states, and construct designs using commercial products and services to enable adoption of those future state technologies. Ability to perceive future needs and guide GISO and Deloitte towards those needs by designing foundational technologies and infrastructures.
Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Ability to translate technical requirements and challenges to leadership.
Required Licenses, Certifications, and Other Requirements
- Required; CISSP
- Preferred; Architecture Certification e.g. TOGAF / Archimate or Requirements certification e.g. CPRE or IIBA / ISEB Requirements Engineering (or related certification)
Education & Experience
- Bachelor's Degree; 10+ years of experience in technical leadership and/or technology consulting on large enterprise projects around systems/network architecture.
Requisition code: DE17CHIGTS006AJ28
See Inside the Office of Deloitte
One of the largest professional services organizations in the U.S., Deloitte delivers innovative solutions to the complex business problems facing companies around the world. Deloitte offers rewarding careers in four businesses—audit, tax, consulting, and financial advisory. Widely recognized for its inclusion initiatives, Deloitte is committed to building a workplace environment that allows people from all generations, ethnicities, and cultures to be their authentic selves.
Back to top