Sr. Consultant, Tech., Analytics and Information Management
Deloitte Consulting LLP seeks a Sr. Consultant, Tech., Analytics and Information Management in Chicago, IL and various unanticipated Deloitte office locations and client sites nationally.
Work You'll Do
Design, develop, and implement systems and processes to capture, integrate and distribute information in an enterprise. Function as an integrator between business needs and technology solutions and help create technology solutions to meet clients' business needs. Gain exposure to multiple industries and service lines within the practice while demonstrating an awareness of the full breadth of services offered by engagement follow-up opportunities. Build an integrated metadata environment consisting of both operational and business metadata and ensure the quality and integrity of the data. Interact with the business to analyze data, gather requirements and model prototype solutions for the client in Healthcare industry. Within a team, analyze and translate business requirements to functional and technical designs for data migration, integration, analytics, and BI implementations. Under supervision, perform ETL implementations for DW using IBM DataStage. Implement enterprise Data warehousing in Oracle and MS SQL Server platforms. In a team setting, design database queries, triggers, procedures, functions, and packages for reporting and data analytics using PL/ SQL, Oracle and Oracle SQL Developer and conduct performance tuning. Under guidance, design process workflows, build, schedule and troubleshoot jobs required to execute ETL workflows, UNIX shell scripts, and database packages and procedures using Control-M. Aid in the creations of proper documentation for ETL processes, including data flow, automated execution plans, field level mappings. Work under supervision to design executive and operational dashboards, develop user stories and wireframes, and implement advanced data visualizations using Tableau and IBM Cognos. Perform a detailed Unit and System Testing for the entire data layer, including creating test scripts, plans, and cases, logging defects, making changes and generating test execution reports using HP Quality Center. Work within the team to monitor, optimize and refine the ETL solutions, including identifying the data anomalies, finding root cause for issues, providing optimal solutions and resolving incidents.
- Bachelor's degree or foreign equivalent degree in Computer Information Systems, Engineering (any), MIS, CIS, or a related field.
- Must have two years of experience providing data management services to clients in Healthcare and Life Sciences industry on behalf of a global consulting company.
- Must have two years of experience with:
- Analyzing and translating business requirements to functional and technical designs for data migration, integration, analytics, and BI implementations;
- Performing ETL implementations for DW using IBM DataStage;
- Implementing enterprise Data warehousing in Oracle and MS SQL Server platforms;
- Designing database queries, triggers, procedures, functions, and packages for reporting and data analytics using PL/ SQL, Oracle, and Oracle SQL Developer and conducting performance tuning;
- Designing process workflows, building, scheduling and troubleshooting jobs required to execute ETL workflows, UNIX shell scripts, and database packages and procedures using Control-M;
- Creating proper documentation for ETL processes, including data flow, automated execution plans, field level mappings;
- Designing executive and operational dashboards, developing user stories and wireframes, and implementing advanced data visualizations using Tableau and IBM Cognos;
- Performing detailed Unit and System Testing for the entire data layer, including creating test scripts, plans, cases, logging defects, making changes and generating test execution reports using HP Quality Center;
- Monitoring, optimizing and refining the ETL solutions, including identifying the data anomalies, finding root cause for issues, providing optimal solutions and resolving incidents.
- 80% travel required.
At Deloitte, we know that great people make a great organization. We value our people and offer employees a broad range of benefits. Learn more about what working at Deloitte can mean for you.
Our positive and supportive culture encourages our people to do their best work every day. We celebrate individuals by recognizing their uniqueness and offering them the flexibility to make daily choices that can help them to be healthy, centered, confident, and aware. We offer well-being programs and are continuously looking for new ways to maintain a culture where our people excel and lead healthy, happy lives. Learn more about Life at Deloitte.
Deloitte is led by a purpose: to make an impact that matters. This purpose defines who we are and extends to relationships with our clients, our people and our communities. We believe that business has the power to inspire and transform. We focus on education, giving, skill-based volunteerism, and leadership to help drive positive social impact in our communities. Learn more about Deloitte's impact on the world.
We want job seekers exploring opportunities at Deloitte to feel prepared and confident. To help you with your interview, we suggest that you do your research: know some background about the organization and the business area you're applying to. We also suggest that you brush up on your behavioral and case interviewing skills and practice discussing your experience and job history with a family member, friend, or mentor. Check out recruiting tips from Deloitte professionals.
Requisition code: XGGS18FC0917CHI7
See Inside the Office of Deloitte
One of the largest professional services organizations in the U.S., Deloitte delivers innovative solutions to the complex business problems facing companies around the world. Deloitte offers rewarding careers in four businesses—audit, tax, consulting, and financial advisory. Widely recognized for its inclusion initiatives, Deloitte is committed to building a workplace environment that allows people from all generations, ethnicities, and cultures to be their authentic selves.
Back to top