Sr. Consultant, Regulatory & Compliance, Banking - Recovery & Resolution Planning
Are you looking to assist Chief Compliance Officers (CCO’s), Chief Risk Officers (CRO’s) and regulatory leaders help ensure compliance with the ever changing regulatory environment within the Financial Services industry? Our regulatory and compliance team leverages deep knowledge of industry-specific regulations with demonstrated methodologies to design, assess, and transform the processes, controls and infrastructure needed to mitigate risk and achieve compliance.
Join us and assist designing the target operating model, assessing policies and procedures, testing and monitoring on a managed services and project basis, assessing risk, reporting and communicating, as well as building the analytics and reporting structures to allow for ongoing measurement and monitoring. We use proprietary tools, technologies and accelerators to allow clients a more proactive approach to managing risk and achieving regulatory compliance. We design comprehensive compliance programs and advise clients on how to effectively navigate a regulatory investigation or inquiry.
Work you’ll do
As part of the R&C Banking & Securities team, your responsibilities will include:
- Identify and evaluate business and technology risks, internal controls which mitigate risks, and related opportunities for internal control improvement
- Assist in the selection and tailoring of approaches, methods and tools to support service offering or industry projects
- Actively participate in decision making with engagement management and seek to understand the broader impact of current decisions
- Generate innovative ideas and challenge the status quo
- Facilitate use of technology-based tools or methodologies to review, design and/or implement products and services
- Play substantive/lead role in engagement planning, economics, and billing
- Demonstrate a general knowledge of market trends, competitor activities, Deloitte & Touche products and service lines
- Build and nurture positive working relationships with clients with the intention to exceed client expectations
- Understand clients’ business environment and basic risk management approaches
- Participate in proposal development efforts
- Membership and visibility in professional & civic organizations
- Participate and actively support activities related to regulatory authorities
Against an increasingly complex regulatory landscape, we help clients mitigate risk and achieve compliance. We do this by leveraging our deep knowledge of industry regulations and proven methodologies to design, assess, and transform their processes. We work with our clients to effectively navigate a regulatory investigation or inquiry, achieving the overall risk profile they need to power their organization forward. Learn more about Deloitte Advisory’s Regulatory and Compliance practice.
- Demonstrated ability to identify, measure, manage, monitor, review, and report on risks
- 3+ years in Banking or Securities Regulatory and Compliance experience.
- Experience including a mix of consulting and/or banking and capital markets industry experience
- BA/BS degree required; MBA or MS preferred
- Prior regulatory (enforcement and surveillance) experience with Federal Reserve Bank, Federal Reserve Board, CFPB, OCC, FDIC, SEC, NASD, NYSE, CFTC preferred
- Experience with written Supervisory Policies and Procedures as required by Banking and Securities regulators.
- Experience integrating and operationalizing risk and compliance-related activities within banking clients.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills for report writing and client presentations
- Ability to travel extensively
How you’ll grow
At Deloitte, our professional development plan focuses on helping people at every level of their career to identify and use their strengths to do their best work every day. From entry-level employees to senior leaders, we believe there’s always room to learn. We offer opportunities to help sharpen skills in addition to hands-on experience in the global, fast-changing business world. From on-the-job learning experiences to formal development programs at Deloitte University, our professionals have a variety of opportunities to continue to grow throughout their career. Explore Deloitte University, The Leadership Center.
At Deloitte, we know that great people make a great organization. We value our people and offer employees a broad range of benefits. Learn more about what working at Deloitte can mean for you.
Our positive and supportive culture encourages our people to do their best work every day. We celebrate individuals by recognizing their uniqueness and offering them the flexibility to make daily choices that can help them to be healthy, centered, confident, and aware. We offer well-being programs and are continuously looking for new ways to maintain a culture where our people excel and lead healthy, happy lives. Learn more about Life at Deloitte.
Deloitte is led by a purpose: to make an impact that matters. This purpose defines who we are and extends to relationships with our clients, our people and our communities. We believe that business has the power to inspire and transform. We focus on education, giving, skill-based volunteerism, and leadership to help drive positive social impact in our communities. Learn more about Deloitte’s impact on the world.
We want job seekers exploring opportunities at Deloitte to feel prepared and confident. To help you with your interview, we suggest that you do your research: know some background about the organization and the business area you’re applying to. Check out recruiting tips from Deloitte professionals.
Requisition code: E17NATSRCCP017-BR
See Inside the Office of Deloitte
One of the largest professional services organizations in the U.S., Deloitte delivers innovative solutions to the complex business problems facing companies around the world. Deloitte offers rewarding careers in four businesses—audit, tax, consulting, and financial advisory. Widely recognized for its inclusion initiatives, Deloitte is committed to building a workplace environment that allows people from all generations, ethnicities, and cultures to be their authentic selves.
Back to top