SQL DBA - Solution Specialist
Deloitte is one of the leading professional services organizations in the United States, specializing in audit, tax, consulting, and financial advisory services with clients in more than 20 industries. We provide powerful business solutions to some of the world's most well-known and respected companies, including more than 75 percent of the Fortune 100.
At Deloitte, in addition to challenging and meaningful work, you'll have the chance to give back to your community and make a positive impact on your peers. Our commitment to individual choice lets you customize aspects of your development. Finally, our culture of innovation means your ideas on how to improve our business and your clients' will be heard.
Visit http://www.deloitte.com/us/careersto learn more about our culture, benefits and opportunities.
Deloitte Consulting LLP is one of the world's leading management consulting firms for executable strategy, operations, technology, and human capital advisory services. The consulting practice is built around integrated core capabilities – people, process and technology and industry expertise – the capabilities needed to help our clients to tackle their most complex challenges.
If you are interested in a position, please contact us. To qualify for our SQL DBA role, you should possess the following:
Position Description: A Microsoft SQL Server Database Administrator on this project will work as part of a product development team and be involved in the design, build, unit testing, deployment, and management of database objects using Microsoft SQL Server 2008 R2. Some of the key responsibilities of the DBA include designing dimensional data models, creating and updating database tables using DDL and DML, writing stored procedures SQL, backing up and recovering databases, building table indexes, and optimizing database query performance. The DBA will need to be available to work nights and weekends during product deployments to support client maintenance windows.
- 5 years experience working as a DBA
- 2 years experience with Microsoft SQL Server 2008 R2
- Should be able to create and monitor databases
- Good database querying skills writing SQL
- Create Backup / recovery of databases
- Ability to write procedures in SQL Server
- Knowledge of Disk space and memory management in SQL server
- Data Modeling skills preferred
- Experience to change users and user privileges
- Knowledge of Database security
- Should be willing to be on call during weekends /nights
- Experience performing upgrades between versions, especially 2008 to 2010/2012
- Experience working with Extract, Transform, and Load ETL tools such as IBM DataStage
- Experience working with Business Intelligence BI tools such as IBM
- Experience working with Business Intelligence BI tools such as IBM Cognos
- Active Top Secret Clearance
Requisition code: E18ORLCACSJM007-USDC
See Inside the Office of Deloitte
Back to top