Specialist Senior/Specialist Master, Database Developer, Securitization
Deloitte is one of the leading professional services organizations in the United States specializing in audit, tax, consulting, and financial advisory services with clients in more than 20 industries. We provide powerful business solutions to some of the world's most well-known and respected companies, including more than 75 percent of the Fortune 100.
At Deloitte, you can have a rewarding career on every level. In addition to challenging and meaningful work, you'll have the chance to give back to your community, make a positive impact on the environment, participate in a range of diversity and inclusion initiatives, and get the support, coaching, and training it takes to advance your career. Our commitment to individual choice lets you customize everything from your career path to your educational opportunities to your benefits. And our culture of innovation means your ideas on how to improve our business and your clients' will be heard.
Visit www.deloitte.com/us/careers to learn more about our culture, benefits, and opportunities.
Deloitte & Touche LLP, which provides audit and advisory services, helps clients understand the complexity of issues such as performance, privacy, risk, controls, and data analysis.
Financial Risk, Transactions & Restructuring
The Financial Risk, Transactions & Restructuring (FRTR) market offering provides products and services that support the complex life cycle of structured financial products. The Financial Technologies group within FRTR designs, licenses and supports a variety of commercial applications serving the securitization, mutual fund and asset management markets. Our service offerings include operational and process assessments, and quantitative solutions to support the issuance and ongoing administration of all types of financial instruments including complex derivatives, securities, commodities and other investment products. Our core capabilities include transaction related due diligence, analytics and cash flow modeling, structural and document review and post-closing compliance. We license a full range of proprietary technology solutions, customized to the needs of market participants. Finally, we provide advisory services to financial institutions, governmental agencies, finance companies, and commercial entities that participate in the Structured Products market.
- 3-5 years of database development (tables, indexes, triggers, stored procedures/functions) for both SQL Server and Oracle
- In depth knowledge of T-SQL and PL/SQL including the recent language and database features added in the latest versions of SQL Server and Oracle
- Experience with query tuning and optimization
- Ability to effectively manage their work while dealing with multiple deadlines
- Experience working with large databases (millions of rows per table)
- Experience troubleshooting performance problems from both database and hardware standpoint
- Financial industry experience
- Excellent communication skills (both written and oral) including ability to effectively communicate with business stakeholders
- Knowledge of .NET (specifically C#) development
- Knowledge of structured finance
- Experience with NoSQL databases
- Experience with data warehouse development
- Knowledge of Crystal Reports/SSRS
- Knowledge of basic financial accounting terminology and calculations (such as):
o Net Present Value
o Cash flows,
- Work closely with business users to develop and support set of stored procedures and user defined functions used to perform variety of business calculations using either Oracle or SQL Server databases
- Troubleshoot performance and data issues both on local environments as well as once code is deployed to the client
- Be available to support clients during deployment of our code to production environment (might include off-work hours including late nights and weekends)
- Provide leadership around implementing best practices for database development
- Work with clients to help with performance issues as data volumes and system use cases evolve
- Work with developers to conduct code reviews for database artifacts to make sure that best practices are being followed
Requisition code: E18FSRCKC005-SEC
See Inside the Office of Deloitte
One of the largest professional services organizations in the U.S., Deloitte delivers innovative solutions to the complex business problems facing companies around the world. Deloitte offers rewarding careers in four businesses—audit, tax, consulting, and financial advisory. Widely recognized for its inclusion initiatives, Deloitte is committed to building a workplace environment that allows people from all generations, ethnicities, and cultures to be their authentic selves.
Back to top