Specialist Manager Enterprise Risk
Deloitte Services LP includes internal support areas such as Marketing and Communications, Human Resources/Talent, Information Technology, Facilities Management, and Financial Support Services.
Specialist Manager Enterprise Risk
Location: Hermitage/Nashville, TN
We are currently looking for a passionate, innovative, results-oriented technology leader with a deep commitment to success to be a part of our technology delivery process. A Specialist Manager demonstrates deep specific technical knowledge, comprehensive skill sets, and relevant project experience. They contribute to the best practices in their specialty. Specialist Managers have relevant past project experience and possess experience in guiding small teams. Specialist managers are expected to be able to develop training mechanisms and have capabilities that will contribute to their specialist network and will be part of a Specialist Community. A Specialist Manager ensures that project needs are met by delivering deep skills, based on extensive past project experience; communicates with customer in area of expertise on a project by project basis. Specialist Manager is responsible for overseeing and guiding the work of one or more Specialists along with executing more complex tasks and are responsible for furthering the development of their community of practice through coaching, mentoring and recruiting.
This specialist manager position will be responsible for recommending analytics application architecture, service architecture, and technical design for high performance and scalability in a distributed, multi-tier and cross-platform environment. This role requires extensive experience in designing and deploying data models, which support business applications, and must possess hands-on experience in coding and deploying in an analytic platform including creating benchmark tests, designing for scalability and performance, and implementing large-scale systems. This includes an expectation for thought leadership on projects requiring extensive requirements gathering, data analysis, risk analysis, enterprise risk scoring and calculations, complex risk mitigation techniques, data modeling, ETL, dashboard design/development and testing.
- Provides comprehensive analysis using a variety of enterprise-wide applications including querying, report writing tools, dashboards, scorecards, drill-through and drill-down capabilities
- Presents ways to effectively visualize information according to specific purposes (e.g., trends vs. point in time analysis) for a specific subject area
- Partners with the business in an agile fashion, supporting meaningful visualizations and minor modifications in an expedient fashion; supports business contacts in creation of new reports, including use and effectiveness of the reports
- Performing applied research, development and prototyping.
- Improve operational performance by analyzing our clients' information technology controls and processes of security and risk management programs
- Planning, designing and implementing an overall risk management process for the organization. Risk assessment, which involves analyzing risks as well as identifying, describing and estimating the risks affecting the business.
- Providing support / guidance to the development teams during the analysis, development, and testing processes.
- Communicating implications of design decisions, technology costs, benefits, and implementation requirements to business and IT Leadership.
- Providing input to the development of project initiation documents including objectives, scope, approach, estimates, and deliverables, when needed.
- Works with the technical team to apply tags for web, mobile and email applications. Acts as a liaison for web analytics tagging and reporting for venue and external client partners
- Anticipating barriers to change and creating opportunities to remove them.
- Creating a culture that is based on knowledge sharing and learning from best practices.
- Exhibiting high level of professional flexibility and volunteering innovation and new ideas.
- Mentoring technical leads and developers.
- Working with globally distributed team at different time-zones and team structure
- Leading design session with business stakeholders and draft solution approach to business problem
- Master's Degree or equivalent work experience with 5-7 years relevant experience in technical leadership and/or technology consulting on large enterprise projects around product implementation, configuration, development and support;
- Complete understanding of design and project management of business software solutions;
- Strong channel specific business and domain (functional/technical) knowledge; project software development life cycle experience; project management experience;
- Experience with architecture standards design and implementation (including strategy, user experience, performance, controls, stability, quality, innovation, and enterprise security requirements).
- Minimum of 2-3 year experience with Omniture web analytics
- Solid skills with Web Analytics tools: Omniture Site Catalyst
- Experience with creating web analytics tagging solution designs
- Ability to analyze metrics and create reports for both internal and external facing clients
- Recent experience focusing in Visual Data Exploration, Reporting and Analytics required
- Hands on experience with Tableau or similar visual data exploration, visualization and data preparation tools required
- Knowledge of Risk Modeling
- Statistics and Probability Knowledge
- Risk Advisory domain knowledge
- Ability to work within an Agile Development environment.
Experience with the following Technologies/Methodologies required:
- Strong knowledge and understanding of Omniture web analytics tool
- Experience with leading BI platform or tools, such as Tableau, Qlik, SAS or other business intelligence toolset
- Knowledge of reporting and query tools and practices
Experience with the following Technologies/Methodologies preferred:
- Agile development environment especially SCRUM using Microsoft TFS or JIRA.
- Excellent communication, presentation, influencing, and reasoning skills to earn support of business leaders, technology leaders, colleagues, and vendor representatives.
- Experience in working with Wireframing tools
- Capable of building sustainable relationships with colleagues and key individuals.
- Creativity and ability to think outside the box while defining sound and practical solutions.
- Desire to take the initiative, moving projects/ideas forward with clarity.
- Adept negotiation skills in high-pressure situations.
- Leadership skills to indirectly lead cross-functional teams towards common solutions.
- Limited travel might be required.
How you'll grow
At Deloitte, we've invested a great deal to create a rich environment in which our professionals can grow. We want all our people to develop in their own way, playing to their own strengths as they hone their leadership skills. And, as a part of our efforts, we provide our professionals with a variety of learning and networking opportunities—including exposure to leaders, sponsors, coaches, and challenging assignments—to help accelerate their careers along the way. No two people learn in exactly the same way. So, we provide a range of resources including live classrooms, team-based learning, and eLearning. DU: The Leadership Center in India, our state-of-the-art, world-class learning Center in the Hyderabad offices is an extension of the Deloitte University (DU) in Westlake, Texas, and represents a tangible symbol of our commitment to our people's growth and development. Explore DU: The Leadership Center in India
At Deloitte, we know that great people make a great organization. We value our people and offer employees a broad range of benefits. Learn more about what working at Deloitte can mean for you.
Our positive and supportive culture encourages our people to do their best work every day. We celebrate individuals by recognizing their uniqueness and offering them the flexibility to make daily choices that can help them to be healthy, centered, confident, and aware. We offer well-being programs and are continuously looking for new ways to maintain a culture that is inclusive, invites authenticity, leverages our diversity, and where our people excel and lead healthy, happy lives. Learn more about Life at Deloitte.
Deloitte is led by a purpose: to make an impact that matters. This purpose defines who we are and extends to relationships with our clients, our people and our communities. We believe that business has the power to inspire and transform. We focus on education, giving, skill-based volunteerism, and leadership to help drive positive social impact in our communities. Learn more about Deloitte's impact on the world.
Requisition code: E18NATSMGRGO100-CL5
See Inside the Office of Deloitte
One of the largest professional services organizations in the U.S., Deloitte delivers innovative solutions to the complex business problems facing companies around the world. Deloitte offers rewarding careers in four businesses—audit, tax, consulting, and financial advisory. Widely recognized for its inclusion initiatives, Deloitte is committed to building a workplace environment that allows people from all generations, ethnicities, and cultures to be their authentic selves.
Back to top