Sourcing & Procurement Category Management
Are you ready to enhance your analytical skills and build your career in a rapidly evolving business climate? Are you interested in joining a firm where professional development and growth opportunities are a part of its corporate culture? If you are seeking a role that offers you the opportunity to advise Federal clients through critical issues, while allowing you to develop personally and professionally, Deloitte could be the place for you! Join our team of Federal Supply Chain specialists and play a key role in helping to transform the Federal marketplace!
Work you'll do
As a Consultant within our Supply Chain Category Management team, you will:
Provide acquisition management services to clients across the Federal landscape. This opportunity is for a strong professional who will address the clients' most pressing challenges in Sourcing & Procurement, including fulfilling major systems acquisition and procurement missions, including performing market research, developing Analysis of Alternatives and acquisition strategies. You will also provide strategic sourcing services to clients across the Federal landscape. This opportunity is for a strong professional who will address the clients' most pressing challenges in Sourcing & Procurement, including fulfilling major acquisition and procurement missions, analyzing spend and producing associated procurement metrics, and achieving cost savings. In addition you will:
- Identify opportunities for efficiencies in work process and innovative approaches to completing scope of work
- Participate in team problem solving efforts and offer ideas to solve client issues
- Improve customer service operations and develop cost-effective supply chain acquisition solutions
- Conduct relevant research, data analysis, and create reports
- Maintain responsibility for completion and accuracy of work products
- Assist in proposal development, as requested
- Actively expand consulting skills and professional development through training courses, mentoring, and daily interaction with clients
Transparency, innovation, collaboration, sustainability: these are the hallmark issues shaping Federal government initiatives today. Deloitte's Federal practice is passionate about making an impact with lasting change. Carrying out missions in the Federal practice requires fresh thinking and a creative approach. We collaborate with teams from across our organization in order to bring the full breadth of Deloitte, its commercial and public sector expertise, to best support our clients. Our aspiration is to be the premier integrated solutions provider in helping to transform the Federal marketplace.
Our team of talented and innovative Supply Chain and Manufacturing Operations professionals provide expertise to our Federal clients in the areas of: Product Development, Supply Chain Strategy and Planning, Sourcing & Procurement, and Logistics & Distribution Operations projects. We help our clients improve and enhance their global operations to meet the challenges of a rapidly evolving business landscape. Join us, and play a key role in helping to design our clients' roadmap to the future!
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Computer Science, or Engineering
- 1+ years of relevant consulting or industry experience
- Proven experience effectively prioritizing workload to meet deadlines and work objectives
- Demonstrated ability to write clearly, succinctly, and in a manner that appeals to a wide audience
- Proficiency in word processing, spreadsheet, and presentation creation tools, as well as Internet research tools
- Ability to obtain and maintain the required Security Clearance for this role
- Demonstrated IT hardware/software sourcing experience
- Demonstrated experience performing market analysis of vendors
- Demonstrated experience supporting and designing contract negotiation strategies
- Demonstrated experience performing complex data mining/analysis and translating resulting data sets into actionable business intelligenc
- Demonstrated experience implementing strategic vendor management concepts
- Responsible for leading key tasks to support project delivery (e.g., conducting spend analysis, planning for Category Management implementation).
- Prior professional services or federal consulting experience
- Demonstrated experience conducting a spend analysis, including experience with spend management software applications, such as Spend Radar and/or other such similar applications
- Experience with analytics software applications outside of MS Excel (e.g., Tableau)
- Experience with Federal agencies
- Understanding of Federal and DoD Acquisition policies, processes, and procedures to include FAR, DFAR, and/or other Federal government agency specific acquisition regulations
- Understanding of strategic sourcing processes.
How you'll grow
At Deloitte, our professional development plan focuses on helping people at every level of their career to identify and use their strengths to do their best work every day. From entry-level employees to senior leaders, we believe there's always room to learn. We offer opportunities to help sharpen skills in addition to hands-on experience in the global, fast-changing business world. From on-the-job learning experiences to formal development programs at Deloitte University, our professionals have a variety of opportunities to continue to grow throughout their career. Explore Deloitte University, The Leadership Center.
At Deloitte, we know that great people make a great organization. We value our people and offer employees a broad range of benefits. Learn more about what working at Deloitte can mean for you.
Our positive and supportive culture encourages our people to do their best work every day. We celebrate individuals by recognizing their uniqueness and offering them the flexibility to make daily choices that can help them to be healthy, centered, confident, and aware. We offer well-being programs and are continuously looking for new ways to maintain a culture where our people excel and lead healthy, happy lives. Learn more about Life at Deloitte.
Deloitte is led by a purpose: to make an impact that matters. This purpose defines who we are and extends to relationships with our clients, our people and our communities. We believe that business has the power to inspire and transform. We focus on education, giving, skill-based volunteerism, and leadership to help drive positive social impact in our communities. Learn more about Deloitte's impact on the world.
We want job seekers exploring opportunities at Deloitte to feel prepared and confident. To help you with your interview, we suggest that you do your research: know some background about the organization and the business area you're applying to. Check out recruiting tips from Deloitte professionals.
Requisition code: E18ROSCCONKD003
See Inside the Office of Deloitte
One of the largest professional services organizations in the U.S., Deloitte delivers innovative solutions to the complex business problems facing companies around the world. Deloitte offers rewarding careers in four businesses—audit, tax, consulting, and financial advisory. Widely recognized for its inclusion initiatives, Deloitte is committed to building a workplace environment that allows people from all generations, ethnicities, and cultures to be their authentic selves.
Back to top