Solution Engineer, Technology, Systems Integration (SI), Systems Development (SD)
Deloitte Consulting LLP seeks a Solution Engineer, Technology, Systems Integration (SI), Systems Development (SD) in Mechanicsburg, PA and various unanticipated Deloitte office locations and client sites nationally.
Work You'll Do
Function as an integrator between business needs and technology solutions, and help create technology solutions to meet clients' business requirements. Work with multiple industries and service lines within the practice to leverage the full breadth of services offered by engagement follow-on opportunities. Assist with defining systems strategy, developing system requirements, designing, prototyping, and testing custom technology solutions, and supporting system implementations. Perform full system development life cycle implementations. Work within an engagement team to develop process design (including scenario design, flow mapping), support procedures and assist with system integrations. Confer with clients to gather business requirements for system integrations, conduct fit-gap analysis, and prepare technical and functional design documents using Agile methodology for complete software development lifecycle (SDLC). Design and develop front-end system functionalities using the Struts framework. Design and code web-based applications using Java, jQuery, SQL, HTML and GWT. Support back-end system integration development utilizing J2EE, JPA and J2SE. Execute test cases, track defects and perform root cause analysis for defect management planning using JIRA. Provide post-integration support including production ticket triaging, perform system integration, user acceptance and performance testing, analyze production batch job failures and perform code correction within Java/J2EE platforms.
- Bachelor's Degree or foreign equivalent degree in Engineering (any), Computer Science, CIS, MIS or a related field.
- Must have one year of experience providing IT consulting services to clients on behalf of a global consulting company.
- Must have one year of experience with:
- Conferring with clients to gather business requirements for system integrations, conducting fit-gap analysis, and preparing technical and functional design documents using Agile methodology for complete SDLC;
- Designing and developing front-end system functionalities using the Struts framework;
- Designing and coding web-based applications using Java, jQuery, SQL, HTML and GWT;
- Supporting back-end system integration development utilizing J2EE, JPA and J2SE;
- Executing test cases, tracking defects and performing root cause analysis for defect management planning using JIRA; and
- Providing post-integration support including production ticket triaging, performing system integration, user acceptance and performance testing, analyzing production batch job failures and performing code correction within Java/J2EE platforms.
- 15% travel required.
At Deloitte, we know that great people make a great organization. We value our people and offer employees a broad range of benefits. Learn more about what working at Deloitte can mean for you.
Our positive and supportive culture encourages our people to do their best work every day. We celebrate individuals by recognizing their uniqueness and offering them the flexibility to make daily choices that can help them to be healthy, centered, confident, and aware. We offer well-being programs and are continuously looking for new ways to maintain a culture where our people excel and lead healthy, happy lives. Learn more about Life at Deloitte.
Deloitte is led by a purpose: to make an impact that matters. This purpose defines who we are and extends to relationships with our clients, our people and our communities. We believe that business has the power to inspire and transform. We focus on education, giving, skill-based volunteerism, and leadership to help drive positive social impact in our communities. Learn more about Deloitte's impact on the world.
We want job seekers exploring opportunities at Deloitte to feel prepared and confident. To help you with your interview, we suggest that you do your research: know some background about the organization and the business area you're applying to. We also suggest that you brush up on your behavioral and case interviewing skills and practice discussing your experience and job history with a family member, friend, or mentor. Check out recruiting tips from Deloitte professionals.
Requisition code: XGGS18FC0917MEC1
See Inside the Office of Deloitte
One of the largest professional services organizations in the U.S., Deloitte delivers innovative solutions to the complex business problems facing companies around the world. Deloitte offers rewarding careers in four businesses—audit, tax, consulting, and financial advisory. Widely recognized for its inclusion initiatives, Deloitte is committed to building a workplace environment that allows people from all generations, ethnicities, and cultures to be their authentic selves.
Back to top