Solution Engineer, Technology, AMS, AMS Integration
Deloitte Consulting LLP seeks a Solution Engineer, Technology, Application Management Services, AMS Integration in Lake Mary, FL and various unanticipated Deloitte office locations and client sites nationally.
Work You'll Do
Function as an integrator between business needs and technology solutions, and help create technology solutions to meet clients' business needs. Provide strategic advice and high quality results to client's business operations and systems. Gain exposure to multiple industries and service lines within the practice while demonstrating an awareness of the full breadth of services offered by engagement follow-on opportunities. Assist with defining systems strategy, develop system requirements, design, prototype, and test custom technology solutions, and support system implementation. Perform full system development life cycle implementations. Perform business process analysis, mapping, and design. Analyze and perform current state system analysis. Perform conceptual and technical designs, including the use of object-oriented analysis and design techniques. Gather business requirements, perform system analysis, identify technical specifications, and define application frameworks for Java applications. Design and write code for application enhancements using Java/J2EE including Core Java, JSP, EJB, JMS, Web Services and Design Patterns. Evaluate applications and procedures, identify areas for improvements and enhancements and write complex SQL queries using Oracle databases/ Write code to develop business application rules utilizing Corticon and Java/Java EE. Perform impact analysis for change requests by assessing existing applications and analyze payloads using XML formatter tools and SOAP UI. Develop application deployment processes and tools utilizing Maven, ANT/Cruise Control. Conduct troubleshooting measures on applications including unit testing, test flows, smoke testing and regression testing.
- Bachelor's degree or foreign equivalent degree in Engineering (any), Computer Science, Computer Information Systems (CIS) or a related field.
- Must have one year of experience providing Java consulting services to clients on behalf of a global consulting company.
- Must have one year of experience with:
- Gathering business requirements, performing system analysis, identifying technical specifications and defining application frameworks for Java applications;
- Designing and writing code for application enhancements using Java/J2EE including Core Java, JSP, EJB, JMS, Web Services and Design Patterns;
- Evaluating applications and procedures, identifying areas for improvements and enhancements and writing complex SQL queries using Oracle databases;
- Writing code to develop business application rules utilizing Corticon and Java/Java EE;
- Performing impact analysis for change requests by assessing existing applications and analyzing payloads using XML formatter tools and SOAP UI;
- Developing application deployment processes and tools utilizing Maven, ANT/Cruise Control; and
- Conducting troubleshooting measures on applications including unit testing, test flows, smoke testing and regression testing.
- 15% travel required.
At Deloitte, we know that great people make a great organization. We value our people and offer employees a broad range of benefits. Learn more about what working at Deloitte can mean for you.
Our positive and supportive culture encourages our people to do their best work every day. We celebrate individuals by recognizing their uniqueness and offering them the flexibility to make daily choices that can help them to be healthy, centered, confident, and aware. We offer well-being programs and are continuously looking for new ways to maintain a culture where our people excel and lead healthy, happy lives. Learn more about Life at Deloitte.
Deloitte is led by a purpose: to make an impact that matters. This purpose defines who we are and extends to relationships with our clients, our people and our communities. We believe that business has the power to inspire and transform. We focus on education, giving, skill-based volunteerism, and leadership to help drive positive social impact in our communities. Learn more about Deloitte's impact on the world.
We want job seekers exploring opportunities at Deloitte to feel prepared and confident. To help you with your interview, we suggest that you do your research: know some background about the organization and the business area you're applying to. We also suggest that you brush up on your behavioral and case interviewing skills and practice discussing your experience and job history with a family member, friend, or mentor. Check out recruiting tips from Deloitte professionals.
Requisition code: XGGS18FC0717LMF7
See Inside the Office of Deloitte
One of the largest professional services organizations in the U.S., Deloitte delivers innovative solutions to the complex business problems facing companies around the world. Deloitte offers rewarding careers in four businesses—audit, tax, consulting, and financial advisory. Widely recognized for its inclusion initiatives, Deloitte is committed to building a workplace environment that allows people from all generations, ethnicities, and cultures to be their authentic selves.
Back to top