Deloitte Consulting LLP seeks a Solution Engineer in Mechanicsburg, PA and various unanticipated Deloitte office locations and client sites nationally.
Work You’ll Do
Function as integrator between business needs and technology solutions, help create technology solutions to meet clients’ business needs. Gain exposure to multiple industries and service lines within the practice while demonstrating an awareness of the full breadth of services offered by engagement follow-on opportunities. Define systems strategy, develop system requirements, design, prototype, and test custom technology solutions, and support system implementation. Perform full system development life cycle implementations. Provide solution development and application architecture with JEE (J2EE) or .Net. Perform business process analysis, mapping, and design. Analyze and perform current state system analysis. Perform conceptual and technical designs, including the use of object-oriented analysis and design techniques. Perform solution development and application architecture using Microsoft .NET framework and Oracle technologies. Develop XML and XSLT based web methods translation modules to transfer XML data between web applications and back end systems. Utilize WCF, MSMQ and Oracle technologies to develop middleware components to connect web applications, back end systems and notification systems. Deploy web-based applications utilizing Oracle for solution implementation. Write queries and stored procedures for Adhoc reports and data modification scripts during production support using PL/SQL. Perform release coordination activities, including build configuration, code merge, production release, master data updates and web service management using Team Foundation Server. Develop Windows Shell scripts and TFS Automation processes to automate the build process for release management activities.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in Engineering (any), Computer Science, MIS, CIS or a related field.
- One year of experience providing IT consulting services to clients on behalf of a global consulting company.
- Must have one year of experience with:
- Performing solution development and application architecture using Microsoft .NET framework and Oracle technologies;
- Developing XML and XSLT based web methods translation modules to transfer XML data between web applications and back end systems;
- Utilizing WCF, MSMQ and Oracle technologies to develop middleware components to connect web applications, back end systems and notification systems;
- Deploying web-based applications utilizing Oracle for solution implementation;
- Writing queries and stored procedures for Adhoc reports and data modification scripts during production support using PL/SQL;
- Performing release coordination activities, including build configuration, code merge, production release, master data updates and web service management using Team Foundation Server; and
- Developing Windows Shell scripts and TFS Automation processes to automate the build process for release management activities.
- 15% travel required.
At Deloitte, we know that great people make a great organization. We value our people and offer employees a broad range of benefits. Learn more about what working at Deloitte can mean for you.
Our positive and supportive culture encourages our people to do their best work every day. We celebrate individuals by recognizing their uniqueness and offering them the flexibility to make daily choices that can help them to be healthy, centered, confident, and aware. We offer well-being programs and are continuously looking for new ways to maintain a culture where our people excel and lead healthy, happy lives. Learn more about Life at Deloitte.
Deloitte is led by a purpose: to make an impact that matters. This purpose defines who we are and extends to relationships with our clients, our people and our communities. We believe that business has the power to inspire and transform. We focus on education, giving, skill-based volunteerism, and leadership to help drive positive social impact in our communities. Learn more about Deloitte’s impact on the world.
We want job seekers exploring opportunities at Deloitte to feel prepared and confident. To help you with your interview, we suggest that you do your research: know some background about the organization and the business area you’re applying to. We also suggest that you brush up on your behavioral and case interviewing skills and practice discussing your experience and job history with a family member, friend, or mentor. Check out recruiting tips from Deloitte professionals.
Requisition code: XTSI17FC0217MEC3
See Inside the Office of Deloitte
One of the largest professional services organizations in the U.S., Deloitte delivers innovative solutions to the complex business problems facing companies around the world. Deloitte offers rewarding careers in four businesses—audit, tax, consulting, and financial advisory. Widely recognized for its inclusion initiatives, Deloitte is committed to building a workplace environment that allows people from all generations, ethnicities, and cultures to be their authentic selves.
Back to top