Deloitte Consulting LLP seeks a Solution Engineer in Lake Mary, FL and various unanticipated Deloitte office locations and client sites nationally.
Work You'll Do
Assist clients in addressing their complex business challenges by maximizing performance of the Human Resource (HR) function through leading-edge systems and processes. Implement enhancements to HR processes and structures that will improve HR function's alignment to business objectives. Provide services in support of client's systems and business processes. Contribute to continuous development of various methods and tools for the successful realization of client's goals. Understand the business problems and propose solutions using technical analysis, experience, and judgement. Function as an integrator between business needs and technology solutions and provide technology solutions to meet clients' business needs. Implement customized human capital management solutions for clients migrating their legacy system to cloud based human capital management format Workday. Provide Workday pre implementation and post implementation support, construct the transition plan from the project team to the support team, and maintain the client application. Perform full system development life cycle Workday implementations. Gather business requirements from clients and developing mapping documents to map data elements from legacy system to Workday. Write queries using Structured Query Language (SQL) to validate the data from the legacy system and load validated data into client's system. Migrate Telecom Infrastructure data from legacy system to directional system using PL/SQL. Write scripts utilizing UNIX shell scripting, Perl scripting and SQL scripting for data loading and for automating data conversion. Ensure quality of the code by performing unit testing an integration testing using Junit and XSLT. Create custom reports in the system and identify logging defects, including communicating defects, prioritizing and resolving technical issues in a timely manner. Perform assessment of the risk, including risk identification, mitigation, and documentation of mitigation strategies.
- Bachelor degree or foreign equivalent degree in Engineering (any), Computer Science, Information Technology, CIS, MIS or related field.
- Must have one year of experience in providing technology implementation support and data conversion consulting services to clients on behalf of a global consulting company.
- Must have one year of experience in:
- Gathering business requirements from clients and developing mapping documents to map data elements from legacy system to new environment;
- Writing queries using SQL to validate the data from the legacy system and load validated data into client's system;
- Migrating Telecom Infrastructure data from legacy system to directional system using PL/SQL;
- Writing scripts utilizing Unix shell scripting, Perl scripting and SQL scripts to for data loading and for automating data conversion;
- Ensuring quality of the code by performing unit testing an integration testing using Junit and XSLT;
- Creating custom reports in the system and identify logging defects, including communicating defects, prioritizing and resolving technical issues in a timely manner; and
- Performing assessment of the risk, including risk identification, mitigation, and documentation of mitigation strategies.
- 20% travel required.
At Deloitte, we know that great people make a great organization. We value our people and offer employees a broad range of benefits. Learn more about what working at Deloitte can mean for you.
Our positive and supportive culture encourages our people to do their best work every day. We celebrate individuals by recognizing their uniqueness and offering them the flexibility to make daily choices that can help them to be healthy, centered, confident, and aware. We offer well-being programs and are continuously looking for new ways to maintain a culture where our people excel and lead healthy, happy lives. Learn more about Life at Deloitte.
Deloitte is led by a purpose: to make an impact that matters. This purpose defines who we are and extends to relationships with our clients, our people and our communities. We believe that business has the power to inspire and transform. We focus on education, giving, skill-based volunteerism, and leadership to help drive positive social impact in our communities. Learn more about Deloitte's impact on the world.
We want job seekers exploring opportunities at Deloitte to feel prepared and confident. To help you with your interview, we suggest that you do your research: know some background about the organization and the business area you're applying to. We also suggest that you brush up on your behavioral and case interviewing skills and practice discussing your experience and job history with a family member, friend, or mentor. Check out recruiting tips from Deloitte professionals.
Requisition code: XGGS18FC0917LMF7
See Inside the Office of Deloitte
One of the largest professional services organizations in the U.S., Deloitte delivers innovative solutions to the complex business problems facing companies around the world. Deloitte offers rewarding careers in four businesses—audit, tax, consulting, and financial advisory. Widely recognized for its inclusion initiatives, Deloitte is committed to building a workplace environment that allows people from all generations, ethnicities, and cultures to be their authentic selves.
Back to top