Solution Architect - Manager
You've proven yourself as a manager and Solution Architect with the expertise and credentials to back it up. Now it's time to step to the next level—to lead dynamic, national teams for clients at the top of their respective industries. Our teams work on the cutting edge, building and delivering the next generation tax applications and services to clients. We're looking for the very best who thrive on what's possible.
What you'll do
As a Solution Architect – Manager you will be responsible for driving forward strategic initiatives representing solution architecture and helping champion solutions with key business and technology stakeholders. This is a highly visible opportunity to leverage your significant architecture and expertise! We need a passionate leader who can:
- Own the solution architecture for capabilities associated with strategic initiatives.
- Work with business analysts during enterprise analysis, and contribute to the formation of analysis models used as inputs to the technical solution.
- Participate in strategic discussions with key business stakeholders, and facilitate consensus regarding technical direction when required to move initiatives forward.
- Participate in governance responsibilities and provide solution oversight to module teams as needed.
- Understand and document current state environment and existing solutions.
- Define and document future state strategy and high-level solution roadmap, taking into consideration any relevant, current Deloitte technology options for future solution envisioning.
- Present and sometimes sell your technology strategy roadmaps and solutions to key stakeholders and other parties.
- Create designs consistent with architectural principles, standards, and best practices, leveraging and adopting solution patterns as appropriate.
- Perform research, development, and prototyping activities either directly or in an oversight capacity to manage risk and validate technology options & approach as necessary.
- Communicate implications of design decisions, technology costs, benefits, and implementation requirements to business and IT leadership.
- Provide input to the development of project initiation documents including objectives, scope, approach, estimates, and deliverables, when needed.
- Work closely with our DevOps teams in defining approaches for deployment and support for new technology solutions.
- Seek out and capitalize on opportunities to improve productivity, time-to-market, solutions quality, and cost effectiveness.
- Anticipate barriers to change and create opportunities to remove them.
- Exhibit a high level of professional flexibility and volunteer innovation and new ideas.
- Mentor dev managers, technical leads, and developers.
- Present on key technology topics to the broader tax community.
Deloitte Tax LLP's National Chief Technology & Process Office (CTPO) is responsible for the design, development, and deployment of technology, tools, and standard processes to support the delivery of Tax services. The CTPO team is focused on enhancing Deloitte Tax LLP's ability to deliver comprehensive, value-added, and efficient Tax services to our clients. It is a dynamic team with professionals of varying backgrounds from tax technical, technology development, change management, Six Sigma, and project management. The team consults and executes on a wide range of initiatives involving process and tool development and implementation including training development, engagement management, tool design, and implementation.
Our Strategic Tax Application Center (STAC) within CTPO is greatly expanding as a result of the success we have had delivering technology-enabled tax products and services to our clients. STAC focuses on building the next generation tax platform and suite of tax modules to deliver premiere tax service offerings and technology solutions to our tax practitioners and clients. There is a growing demand from our clients, and within our tax platform, for greater levels of functionality and scalability around data management, analytics, and reporting. This is an ideal opportunity to be part of a cutting-edge and innovative environment within the larger Deloitte Tax organization.
- 7 years relevant experience in technical leadership and/or technology consulting on large enterprise projects
- 10+ years design/implementation/consulting experience of distributed applications
- Bachelor's degree in a relevant field
- Knowledge of Agile processes (Scrum preferred)
- Experience designing and building large-scale, distributed systems
- Experience with SOA and/or microservices-based architectures
- Experience documenting complex solution architecture designs; must be proficient in document designs using modeling and diagramming techniques appropriate for the required context
- Knowledge of domain driven design
- Able to identify and communicate issues/risks applying technical and root cause analysis skills
- Self-motivated and proactive with strong decision-making, problem-solving, and analytical skills
- Excellent communication, presentation, influencing, and reasoning skills
- Comfortable speaking in front of an executive audience
- Creative and able to think outside-the-box while defining sound and practical solutions
- Desire to take the initiative, moving projects/ideas forward with clarity
- Adept negotiation skills in high-pressure situations
- Leadership skills to indirectly lead cross-functional teams toward common solutions
- Ability to travel up to 25% of your time
- Experience and/or solid understanding of the following technologies:
- Web API
- SQL and NoSQL technologies such as SQL Server, MongoDB, and Redis
- Service Bus for Windows Server/Azure Service Bus
- Hadoop ecosystem
- A relevant advanced degree
- Tax industry experience
- Prior Big 4 experience
How you'll grow
At Deloitte, our professional development plan focuses on helping people at every level of their career to identify and use their strengths to do their best work every day. From entry-level employees to senior leaders, we believe there's always room to learn. We offer opportunities to help sharpen skills in addition to hands-on experience in the global, fast-changing business world. From on-the-job learning experiences to formal development programs at Deloitte University, our professionals have a variety of opportunities to continue to grow throughout their career. Explore Deloitte University, The Leadership Center.
At Deloitte, we know that great people make a great organization. We value our people and offer employees a broad range of benefits. Learn more about what working at Deloitte can mean for you.
We take pride in our culture and celebrate individuals by recognizing their uniqueness. As a commitment to our people, we offer well-being programs and provide our professionals opportunities for support and flexibility to make daily choices that can help them to be healthy, centered, confident, and aware. This supportive culture helps enable our people to do their best work every day. Learn more about Life at Deloitte.
Deloitte is led by a purpose: to make an impact that matters. This purpose defines who we are and extends to relationships with our clients, our people and our communities. We believe that business has the power to inspire and transform. We focus on education, giving, skill-based volunteerism, and leadership to help drive positive social impact in our communities. Learn more about Deloitte's impact on the world.
We want job seekers exploring opportunities at Deloitte to feel prepared and confident. To help you with your interview, we suggest that you do your research: know some background about the organization and the business area you're applying to. Check out recruiting tips from Deloitte professionals.
Requisition code: E18CHITMGRJD010-CPT
See Inside the Office of Deloitte
One of the largest professional services organizations in the U.S., Deloitte delivers innovative solutions to the complex business problems facing companies around the world. Deloitte offers rewarding careers in four businesses—audit, tax, consulting, and financial advisory. Widely recognized for its inclusion initiatives, Deloitte is committed to building a workplace environment that allows people from all generations, ethnicities, and cultures to be their authentic selves.
Back to top