SI Banking FinTech Senior Consultant
Are you a talented, creative professional, interested in working in a team atmosphere to create innovative solutions that solves our clients' most complex issues? Are you interested in creating elegant, effective solutions, while continually learning and expanding your skills?
Work you'll do
As a Senior Consultant you will bring considerable technical expertise to deliver effective solutions to clients.
- Being the lead person to interface between the clients and our Deloitte teams
- Serve as an integrator between business needs and technology solutions, helping to create technology solutions to meet clients' business needs.
- Defining systems strategy, developing system requirements, designing and prototyping, testing, training, defining support procedures and implementation.
- Developing & reviewing system requirements, designing the solution, redefining the business, presenting the prototype, and leading the testing of our custom technology solutions
At Deloitte Consulting LLP, our systems integration specialists help clients manage the complexity inherent with technology change, from requirements planning to architecture, testing to deployment, and beyond, helping to link their IT programs to organizational goals. And we offer a complete range of industry-leading services, including systems development, solution and platform integration. Learn more about our Systems Integration practice.
National Banking & Securities Industry
As a recognized leader in providing audit, tax, consulting and financial advisory services to the banking and securities industry, our clients most of the large banks and securities firms in the United States and around the world. Our multi- disciplinary approach allows us to provide regional, national and global services to our clients. Our banking and securities practice is recognized for bringing together teams with diverse experience and knowledge to provide customized solutions for all clients.
Sr. Consultants in the Financial Services– Banking (FinTech) practice are required to have:
- 4+ years of relevant consulting or industry experience managing and delivering systems
- Subject matter expertise in Core Banking, Capital Markets, or Commercial Lending technologies (FIS, Fiserv, Jack Henry, D+H, Calypso, LoanIQ, nCino, etc.)
- Experience with banking processes and technologies including custom solutions and vendor solutions
- Experience customizing or implementing FinTech solutions at banking institutions or similar organizations
- A minimum of 2 full life cycle implementations
- 2+ years experienced in managing large program and project teams through all phases of the project lifecycle from scoping and planning, requirements gathering, design, development, testing, and go live. This effort can be within a management consulting environment or industry.
- Project Management Professional (PMP) certification or other project/program management training
- At least 2 years of program and project scheduling development using MS Project, Evolve/Pro sight (Primavera), or other schedule management packages.
- Must have 2+ years of experience with issue and risk management and mitigation
- Transaction algorithm and alert criteria
- Technology architecture
- Data requirements
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience
- A willingness to travel 80 - 100% of the time
In addition, successful Senior Consultants will have the following preferred background:
- Certifications in specific FinTech is preferred
- 2+ years in change management
- At least 2 years of experience in documenting standard operating procedures, participating in process reviews and awareness of quality functions
- Possess strong understanding of software development methodologies (RUP, Agile or other SDLC methodologies).
- Sequencing and critical path management expertise
- Awareness of Six Sigma, CMMI, other process improvement techniques and change management procedures is desired.
- Strong oral and written communication skills, including presentation skills (MS Visio,MS PowerPoint).
- Experience in one or more requirements definition and elicitation techniques including use case modeling, joint application development (JAD), feature oriented domain analysis (FODA),accelerated requirements method(ARM)
- Experience in one or more prototyping techniques including rapid and evolutionary prototyping.
- Strong problem solving and troubleshooting skills.
- Detail oriented.
- Exercises mature judgment.
- Ability to work both independently and as part of team.
- Willingness to mentor junior staff in technical areas.
- Strong analytical and technical skills.
How you'll grow
At Deloitte, our professional development plan focuses on helping people at every level of their career to identify and use their strengths to do their best work every day. From entry-level employees to senior leaders, we believe there's always room to learn. We offer opportunities to help sharpen skills in addition to hands-on experience in the global, fast-changing business world. From on-the-job learning experiences to formal development programs at Deloitte University, our professionals have a variety of opportunities to continue to grow throughout their career. Explore Deloitte University, The Leadership Center.
At Deloitte, we know that great people make a great organization. We value our people and offer employees a broad range of benefits. Learn more about what working at Deloitte can mean for you.
Our positive and supportive culture encourages our people to do their best work every day. We celebrate individuals by recognizing their uniqueness and offering them the flexibility to make daily choices that can help them to be healthy, centered, confident, and aware. We offer well-being programs and are continuously looking for new ways to maintain a culture where our people excel and lead healthy, happy lives. Learn more about Life at Deloitte.
Deloitte is led by a purpose: to make an impact that matters. This purpose defines who we are and extends to relationships with our clients, our people and our communities. We believe that business has the power to inspire and transform. We focus on education, giving, skill-based volunteerism, and leadership to help drive positive social impact in our communities. Learn more about Deloitte's impact on the world.
We want job seekers exploring opportunities at Deloitte to feel prepared and confident. To help you with your interview, we suggest that you do your research: know some background about the organization and the business area you're applying to. Check out recruiting tips from Deloitte professionals.
Requisition code: E18MIDCSRCAF205-T
See Inside the Office of Deloitte
One of the largest professional services organizations in the U.S., Deloitte delivers innovative solutions to the complex business problems facing companies around the world. Deloitte offers rewarding careers in four businesses—audit, tax, consulting, and financial advisory. Widely recognized for its inclusion initiatives, Deloitte is committed to building a workplace environment that allows people from all generations, ethnicities, and cultures to be their authentic selves.
Back to top