Sharepoint DevOps Engineer- Deloitte Global
Deloitte leads with purpose, solving complex issues for our clients and communities. Across disciplines and across borders, Deloitte Global supports our network of member firms by developing and driving global strategy, programs, and platforms, and creating new solutions and transformational experiences. Our people share a passion for igniting change and a strong service orientation that shapes our organization and those it supports.
We are transforming our IT Operations on a global basis and looking for someone with a strong scripting or software development background. Unlike anywhere else in the industry, we are creating roles and teams that combine deep software knowledge with operations to drive unmatched service reliability.
Our mission is to deliver services that matter and achieve and sustain operational excellence. You will be at the heart of fullfilling our mission by bringing your software development experience to the table to own and help our vision of engineering reliability end to end. You will design and implement continuous improvement of the management, design, and function of our operational environments to achieve speed and reliability to enable business agility and happy users.
You will be part of our technology organization and have a great opportunity to work across various parts of Deloitte, including our development teams and other stakeholders to drive reliabilty upstream in the application lifecycle and across our operational environments.
Technical expertise is critical in order to imagine and drive technical improvements across our database, networking, and infrastructure teams, and to partner with our application teams, implementing more robust and performant applications for our internal solutions and business solutions (Tax, Audit, Consulting, Finance and Advisory Services).
You should be someone excited with the challenge of bringing new thinking to operations and is passionate about imaginging and implementing improvements and relentlessly pursues excellence, is a deep and broad technical expert, and can build trusting relationships across teams.
It's a new and exciting role to drive our organization further in world class operations.
Role Specific Responsibilities
- Ensure user visible uptime and quality, providing operational and development expertise in making our systems fail rarely, and are fast to fix when they do fail
- Participate in architecture and design reviews to provide recommended improvements to the development teams to improve the reliability and performance of applications
- Minimize manual involvement by imagining & implementing continuous improvements that create an operating environment, including the development of new tools, dynamically monitoring, alerting, & automated self-healing & recovery
- Identify and/or analyze problems relating to mission critical services and implement automation to prevent problem recurrence; with the goal of automating response to all non-exceptional service conditions.
- Engage in application performance analysis and system tuning, and capacity planning
- Perform root cause analysis to identify & implement continuous improvements
- Capable of presenting analyses and recommendations to leadership or discussing the technical merits of solutions with engineers and architects.
- Own the day-to-day health, uptime, monitoring, and reliability of services and server infrastructure
- Practice Agile and Scrum methodologies
Education: Bachelor's Degree in CS, Engineering, or equivalent
Years of Experience: 4+
- Strong experience with SharePoint 2013 platform and/or software engineering
- Working knowledge of Azure Services, especially ARM templates
- Strong experience with TFS 2010+, VSTS, or similar ALM tool
- BS or higher degree in Computer Science/Engineering or related field
- Strong experience with PowerShell
- Experience developing in a software development language
- Experience and knowledge of database technologies, particularly MS SQL
- Knowledge of virtualization and its benefits for improving reliability
- Strong experience with instrumentation, monitoring, alerting, and responding relative to performance and availability of applications
- Capable of technical deep dives into infrastructure, databases, and application, specifically in designing, coding, operating, and supporting high-performance, highly available services and infrastructure
- Experience in designing for failure, including disaster recovery and business continuity planning
- Experience operating and supporting mission-critical applications (e.g. incident and outage management)
- Passionate for making things better and driving action with a sense of urgency
- Experience problem solving issues on globally distributed systems and critical product service environments
- Knows what is possible using latest networking, infrastructure, database, and application technologies to driving automation and reliability improvements
- Brings new thinking to challenge existing technology and processes
- Excellent at building relationships across teams
- Firm sense of accountability and ownership
- Desire to understand our businesses and users
- Understanding of the concepts and principles behind DevOps, Continuous Delivery, Agile, Lean, etc.
- Use of DevOps tools to deliver and operate end-user services a plus (e.g., Chef, New Relic, Puppet, etc.)
Requisition code: DE18USAGTS004AJ0159
See Inside the Office of Deloitte
One of the largest professional services organizations in the U.S., Deloitte delivers innovative solutions to the complex business problems facing companies around the world. Deloitte offers rewarding careers in four businesses—audit, tax, consulting, and financial advisory. Widely recognized for its inclusion initiatives, Deloitte is committed to building a workplace environment that allows people from all generations, ethnicities, and cultures to be their authentic selves.
Back to top