Shared Services Senior Manager
Are you a leader who's interested in working in a dynamic environment that offers opportunities for professional growth and new responsibilities? Are you interested in helping clients drive alignment with their business, improve organizational and human resource performance and establish a culture focused on adding business value? That is what the new generation of human resource transformation is all about. If you are seeking a role that offers you the opportunity to advise Federal clients through critical and complex issues, while allowing you to develop personally and professionally, consider a career in Deloitte's Shared Service's practice.
Work you'll Do
As a Senior Manager within our Shared Services team you will:
- Organize and deliver services on a cross-section of complex projects
- Responsible for the development of business and vendor relationships
- Lead pursuit teams focused on new opportunities and lead major aspects of the proposal development process
- Responsible for project(s) financials including development of financial plans
- Lead day-to-day interactions with executive clients and Deloitte team.
- Establish relationships in strategic client positions; negotiate, lead, and facilitate these relationships
- Display both breadth and depth of knowledge regarding functional and technical issues
- Provide counseling/coaching, leadership and support for delivery teams and staff
- Actively participate in staff recruitment and retention activities providing input and guidance into the staffing process
- Build and develop innovative and user-friendly solutions in various forms including but not limited to dashboards, web applications and predictive models
Transparency, innovation, collaboration, sustainability: these are the hallmark issues shaping Federal government initiatives today. Deloitte's Federal practice is passionate about making an impact with lasting change. Carrying out missions in the Federal practice requires fresh thinking and a creative approach. We collaborate with teams from across our organization in order to bring the full breadth of Deloitte, its commercial and public sector expertise, to best support our clients. Our aspiration is to be the premier integrated solutions provider in helping to transform the Federal marketplace.
By offering client-tailored services and deep industry insight, the Business Model Transformation team helps clients to seize new growth opportunities, maximize operational effectiveness, elevate their quality of service delivery, and stay ahead of customer demand. Consider a career where you'll thrive on helping Federal clients to execute on their strategic visions and improve mission performance.
- Bachelor's Degree is required. MPA or MPP Advanced degree preferred
- 10+ years of relevant consulting or industry experience
- Experience mentoring and coaching others
- Proven leadership skills demonstrating strong judgment, problem-solving, and decision-making abilities
- Experience managing senior-level client relationships
- Experience presenting to clients or other decision makers to present and sell ideas to various audiences (technical and non-technical)
- Pre-sales, proposal, and RFP experience
- Proven track record of consistently attaining managed revenue targets as well as achieving quarterly or yearly sales objectives for new business
- Experience transforming/improving federal mission support/back-office functions through consolidation, outsourcing, shared services, or centers of excellence (e.g., finance, information technology, human resources, procurement, grants management, etc.)
- Familiarity with federal financial, HR, technology, or other mission support processes
- Must be able to obtain and maintain required clearance for this role
- Prior professional services or federal consulting experience
- Masters of Business Administration (MBA) degree
How you'll grow
At Deloitte, our professional development plan focuses on helping people at every level of their career to identify and use their strengths to do their best work every day. From entry-level employees to senior leaders, we believe there's always room to learn. We offer opportunities to help sharpen skills in addition to hands-on experience in the global, fast-changing business world. From on-the-job learning experiences to formal development programs at Deloitte University, our professionals have a variety of opportunities to continue to grow throughout their career. Explore Deloitte University, The Leadership Center.
At Deloitte, we know that great people make a great organization. We value our people and offer employees a broad range of benefits. Learn more about what working at Deloitte can mean for you.
Our positive and supportive culture encourages our people to do their best work every day. We celebrate individuals by recognizing their uniqueness and offering them the flexibility to make daily choices that can helpthem to be healthy, centered, confident, and aware. We offer well-being programs and are continuously looking for new ways to maintain a culture where our people excel and lead healthy, happy lives. Learn more about Life at Deloitte.
Deloitte is led by a purpose: to make an impact that matters. This purpose defines who we are and extends to relationships with our clients, our people and our communities. We believe that business has the power to inspire and transform. We focus on education, giving, skill-based volunteerism, and leadership to help drive positive social impact in our communities. Learn more about Deloitte's impact on the world.
We want job seekers exploring opportunities at Deloitte to feel prepared and confident. To help you with your interview, we suggest that you do your research: know some background about the organization and the business area you're applying to. Check out recruiting tips from Deloitte professionals.
As used in this posting, "Deloitte" means Deloitte Consulting LLP, a subsidiary of Deloitte LLP. Please see www.deloitte.com/us/about for a detailed description of the legal structure of Deloitte LLP and its subsidiaries. Certain services may not be available to attest clients under the rules and regulations of public accounting.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability or protected veteran status, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable law.
Requisition code: E18ROSOTSMSSLT-003
See Inside the Office of Deloitte
One of the largest professional services organizations in the U.S., Deloitte delivers innovative solutions to the complex business problems facing companies around the world. Deloitte offers rewarding careers in four businesses—audit, tax, consulting, and financial advisory. Widely recognized for its inclusion initiatives, Deloitte is committed to building a workplace environment that allows people from all generations, ethnicities, and cultures to be their authentic selves.
Back to top