Shared Services Managing Director of Strategy & Operations – Deloitte Global
Deloitte leads with purpose, solving complex issues for our clients and communities. Across disciplines and across borders, Deloitte Global supports our network of member firms by developing and driving global strategy, programs, and platforms, and creating new solutions and transformational experiences. Our people share a passion for igniting change and a strong service orientation that shapes our organization and those it supports.
Deloitte Global is currently seeking a Managing Director, Strategy & Operations of Shared Technology Services within the Global Technology Services organization. The Managing Director, Strategy & Operations will have previous experience running and optimizing a global shared services organization and will be very familiar with what is needed to build a world-class global shared services organization. This individual will be responsible for the optimizing and consistency of the operations of the various services within Shared Technology Services. This will include, but not be limited to: developing and implementing approaches, processes, tools and metrics to optimize current and future services. This position will report directly to the Senior Managing Director of STS and will collaborate with leaders across the Global Technology Services organization and Deloitte member firms at the highest levels.
The successful candidate will be a dynamic and innovative leader, capable of effectively communicating with internal IT leaders, functional stakeholders at Partner/Director levels, and member firm CIOs. In addition to directing the activities of employees across multiple business units and geographies, the Managing Director, Strategy & Operations, will be expected to think strategically and participate in long-term planning efforts to improve delivery models as well as services design and development.
This is a unique opportunity for an experienced, high energy technology leader interested in playing a key role with a top tier global firm.
Key areas of responsibility:
- Lead the supporting operations of world-class shared technology services. Responsible for all aspects of shared service support operations, including: service desk support, performance measurement, finance and cost models, contracts, compliance, reporting, and communications.
- Serve as a trusted advisor to global technology leaders as well as member-firm CIOs of the Deloitte Network. Team with peer ITS leaders across the Deloitte network of member-firms and deliver IT shared services to firms as defined by the governance process. Stay abreast of new industry trends and provide subject matter expertise in technology and shared services, providing consultation to firm leadership and member-firms.
- Eminence. The Managing Director will need to have significant eminence in the IT global shared services industry and be a known and respected contributor to the industry's body of knowledge.
- Stewardship and Business Management of a $30m+ budget. With the GTS Business Operations team steward and manage the finances of the Shared Technology Services organization. Ensure that member firms are informed and engaged in the chargeback process, that funds are optimally applied, and that the organization operates effectively and efficiently.
- Talent leadership. With the Talent team design and optimize the Shared Technology Services organization. Recruit, develop, inspire and retain the optimal resource mix to deliver against organizational goals and objectives. This includes the use of a significant compliment of off-shore resources in the DTTL center in Hyderabad, India as well as contracted resources.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field. An advanced degree preferred.
- 5+ years in an executive leadership role in a global, large, diverse, professional work environment
- 15+ years of relevant professional experience in a large, diverse, multi-location, global network environment
- 10+ years of relevant professional experience in team leadership and project management
- In depth knowledge and experience of global shared services.
- 10+ years of experience with leading-edge client service and enabling technologies, including shared services.
- Delivers customer service excellence by understanding the customer's business needs (Voice of the Customer), identifying the appropriate technical solutions, and meeting/exceeding service expectations
- Identify, analyze, and drive problems to resolution, handling complex issues simultaneously while effectively communicating across teams
- Build team relationships across the organization
- Up to 50% travel may be required in this position
Requisition code: DE17CHIGTSDIRDG28
See Inside the Office of Deloitte
Back to top