Service Manager - Technology
Cloud is shifting business models at our clients, and transforming the way technology enables business. As our clients embark on this transformational journey to cloud, they are looking for trusted partners who can help them navigate through this journey. Our client’s journey spans across cloud strategy to implementation, migration of legacy applications to supporting operations of a cloud ecosystem and everything in between. Deloitte’s Cloud Delivery Center supports our client project teams in this journey by delivering these new solutions by which IT services are obtained, used, and managed. If you are passionate about technology, and you like to innovate on leading edge cloud technologies like Amazon Web Services – Deloitte’s Cloud Delivery Center is the place for you.
At our Orlando, Florida delivery center you will be working with other technologists to deliver cutting edge solutions using Amazon Web Services (AWS), programming and automation tools for some of our Fortune 1000 clients. You will have the opportunity to contribute to work that may involve building a new cloud solutions, migrating an application to co-exist in the hybrid cloud, deploying a global cloud application across multiple countries or supporting enterprises’ set of cloud managed services. Our teams of technologists have a diverse range of skills and we are always looking for new ways to innovate and help our clients succeed. You will have an opportunity to leverage the skills you already have, try new technologies and develop skills that will improve your brand and career as a well-rounded cutting-edge technologist.
Deloitte’s Cloud Delivery Center
Deloitte Cloud Delivery Center delivers services for our clients from Orlando, Florida. It comprises of a next-generation secure cloud-hosting platform on AWS, high quality AWS architectural design, development, migration, deployment and managed services delivered to clients across all industries and geographies. We have dedicated teams who can lead the design of the right solution that integrates seamlessly into the cloud, with on-premise applications or in a hybrid cloud ecosystem.
As a key member of our team, we are looking for driven individuals that love technology whether its programming applications, building cloud infrastructure architecture, automation or datacenter operational excellence. If you like to figure out how to make the new technologies work in a corporate environment, then our team might be a fit for you.
Teamwork is crucial as teams are composed of a diverse group of specialists across multiple disciplines, from both within our delivery practice and from our clients, helping drive towards a successful outcome. Our practitioners are expected to own and deliver solutions from end-to-end.
Work you’ll do
As a Service Manager you will be responsible for providing excellent customer experience for supporting, hosting or transitioning to AWS environment for clients and delivery teams. This will include supporting reliable, high performance and high-availability application, infrastructure and database environments. You, along with your team will provide the following functions for clients and delivery teams:
- Monitoring applications environments over multiple regions or availability zones
- Providing snapshots of volumes, moving data from one location to another or restoring data based on user request
- Setting up routine archival backup for applications and databases
- Setting up event triggers for production and non-production environments
- Creating automation scripts or standardizing provisioning process using bash, Chef or Ansible
- Provisioning storage, compute or networks based on client requirements
- Configuring and managing Identify Access Management groups and users
- Supporting and managing multiple security groups for different applications or environments
- Setting up and monitoring metrics for application performance and infrastructure utilization
- Performing virtual machine, application and OS security patch updates
You will lead teams that provide 24×7×365 support for AWS cloud services including hosting, disaster recovery, backups, application monitoring, archiving, data repository, and remote operations services. As a service leader you will develop, oversee and provide an escalation for event management, incident management, problem management, configuration management and change management processes for all cloud services
- Experience in implementing system management tools to provide monitoring and management of all cloud infrastructures
- Lead communication through all tiers of support to ensure incidents are resolved expeditiously
- Define and report KPIs and SLAs to monitor the health and performance of cloud services and process (specifically – RPO/RTO metrics)
- Ensure successful backup and/or replication of customer data in a secure manner
- Contribute and enhance security policies and procedures for cloud services
- Provide overall service delivery – define and report customer facing service metrics
- Implement and oversee security policy, monitoring, and guidelines for cloud services
- Conduct system outage analysis and prepare after action reports
- Manage the implementation of new instances and sites into production environments
- Increase use of automation in managing and delivering cloud services
- Willing to locate or located in in Orlando, FL
- Operational data center experience
- ITIL or AWS certification
- Experience with setting up metrics to monitor applications and infrastructure environments
- Familiar with AWS Services and Simple Calculator for estimating costs and factors that impact cost control factors (or other cloud provider)
- Understanding of multi-tier application architectures
- Experience working with scripting/automation languages like Python or Perl
- Experience working with different database types like Aurora, DynamoDB or MySQL
How you’ll grow
At Deloitte, our professional development plan focuses on helping people at every level of their career to identify and use their strengths to do their best work every day. As a technologist, your career path will be based where you want to develop and focus your expertise. At each level we have certifications and training courses available to learn new technologies or increase your expertise on existing skills. So whether you want learn more about machine learning and big data or increase your certification from associate to professional architect we have a plan for you. As we grow beyond AWS, you will have the flexibility to select from a group of technologies, that are relevant in the market, to develop deep expertise in. Each career path will have a foundational set of skills focused around strategy, architecture, development and operations. We believe technologist learn by doing, therefore we will have sandbox environments where you can try new things and put your learnings into practice. For example, if you take a course on Big Data architecture, we provide you the opportunity to build what you learned and apply it to multiple industry use cases. That’s how you will grow, learn and advance your career. Explore Deloitte University, The Leadership Center.
At Deloitte, we know that great people make a great organization. We value our people and offer employees a broad range of benefits. Learn more about what working at Deloitte can mean for you.
Our positive and supportive culture encourages our people to do their best work every day. We celebrate diversity of our individuals by recognizing their uniqueness and offering them the flexibility to make daily choices that can help them to be healthy, centered, confident, and aware. We offer well-being programs and are continuously looking for new ways to maintain a culture where our people excel and lead healthy, happy lives. Learn more about Life at Deloitte.
Deloitte is led by a purpose: to make an impact that matters. This purpose defines who we are and extends to relationships with our clients, our people and our communities. We believe that business has the power to inspire and transform. We focus on education, giving, skill-based volunteerism, and leadership to help drive positive social impact in our communities. Learn more about Deloitte’s impact on the world.
Requisition code: E17ORLCMGRTC410-T
See Inside the Office of Deloitte
One of the largest professional services organizations in the U.S., Deloitte delivers innovative solutions to the complex business problems facing companies around the world. Deloitte offers rewarding careers in four businesses—audit, tax, consulting, and financial advisory. Widely recognized for its inclusion initiatives, Deloitte is committed to building a workplace environment that allows people from all generations, ethnicities, and cultures to be their authentic selves.
Back to top