Senior Tax Consultant; Private Equity Tax - Connecticut, Parsippany
Partnership agreements. Subchapter K. Aggregate allocations. Deferral techniques. Consulting for major players. Does this describe your ideal tax position? If you've got a solid understanding of partnership allocation methodologies, Subchapter K, and the tax compliance process for investment partnerships, along with a general understanding of portfolio investments and the international and multi-state tax issues facing private equity funds, then we have an exciting opportunity for you as a Senior Tax Consultant on our growing team!
Work you'll do
As a Senior Tax Consultant, you will work within an engagement team and draw on your experience in accounting and taxation to provide tax compliance and consulting services to private equity clients. You will identify complex tax issues and provide tax analysis for a variety of entities and their affiliates. Responsibilities will include:
- Performing detail-level reviews of partnership work papers, allocations, and tax returns as well as preparing materials and research for consulting projects related to tax planning opportunities
- Coordinating and communicating with client contacts as required to gather information to complete their tax returns
- Training, mentoring, and supervising new and experienced-level tax staff, and attending required Deloitte Tax LLP and sector-specific trainings
As global leaders in providing professional services to the Investment Management industry, Deloitte works with clients to address a range of critical issues brought on by regulatory changes, competition, globalization, advances in technology, and the changing demands of their customers. Our cross-functional industry group is comprised of more than 2,800 partners, managers and staff, providing a spectrum of assurance and advisory, tax, enterprise risk, regulatory and consulting services to a broad range of Investment Management companies. Our clients include investment advisers and administrators from every sector of the industry, including investment managers, broker-dealers, banks, insurance companies, mutual funds, investment partnerships, hedge funds, private equity, alternative products, and other money managers.
- 2+ years' experience providing tax planning services or preparing client work papers and income tax returns
- Bachelor's degree in accounting, finance or other business-related field
- CPA, JD or LLM (or in the process of pursuing). If not qualified for the CPA license an EA may be considered
- Ability to demonstrate basic understanding of Subchapter K, partnership allocation methodologies, and the tax compliance process for private equity funds
- Experience working in a fast-paced, team environment
- The ability to travel up to 25%
- Desire to work in the Stamford or Hartford office
- Previous Big 4 experience
- Knowledge of fund accounting and general ledger accounting
- An understanding of the taxation of portfolio investments and the fund investors, as well as the international and multi-state tax issues facing private equity funds
How you'll grow
At Deloitte, our professional development plan focuses on helping people at every level of their career to identify and use their strengths to do their best work every day. From entry-level employees to senior leaders, we believe there's always room to learn. We offer opportunities to help sharpen skills in addition to hands-on experience in the global, fast-changing business world. From on-the-job learning experiences to formal development programs at Deloitte University, our professionals have a variety of opportunities to continue to grow throughout their career. Explore Deloitte University, The Leadership Center.
At Deloitte, we know that great people make a great organization. We value our people and offer employees a broad range of benefits. Learn more about what working at Deloitte can mean for you.
We take pride in our culture and celebrate individuals by recognizing their uniqueness. As a commitment to our people, we offer well-being programs and provide our professional's opportunities for support and flexibility to make daily choices that can help them to be healthy, centered, confident, and aware. This supportive culture helps enable our people to do their best work every day. Learn more about Life at Deloitte.
Deloitte is led by a purpose: to make an impact that matters. This purpose defines who we are and extends to relationships with our clients, our people and our communities. We believe that business has the power to inspire and transform. We focus on education, giving, skill-based volunteerism, and leadership to help drive positive social impact in our communities. Learn more about Deloitte's impact on the world.
We want job seekers exploring opportunities at Deloitte to feel prepared and confident. To help you with your interview, we suggest that you do your research: know some background about the organization and the business area you're applying to. Check out recruiting tips from Deloitte professionals.
Requisition code: E18STATSNRSA002-PE
See Inside the Office of Deloitte
One of the largest professional services organizations in the U.S., Deloitte delivers innovative solutions to the complex business problems facing companies around the world. Deloitte offers rewarding careers in four businesses—audit, tax, consulting, and financial advisory. Widely recognized for its inclusion initiatives, Deloitte is committed to building a workplace environment that allows people from all generations, ethnicities, and cultures to be their authentic selves.
Back to top