Senior Tax Consultant, Multistate Income and Franchise Tax, Investment Management Industry
Are you a strategic and creative Multistate Tax professional who likes solving complex state tax issues? Are you ready to make a greater impact on organizations by combining tax consulting solutions and innovative technology that align the tax function with business objectives?
We are looking for a sharp, analytical Multistate Tax Senior Consultant who is ready to take on new challenges and join one of the largest Multistate Tax practices in the United States.
What you’ll do
As a Senior Consultant within the Multistate Tax Services group, you will be a valuable member on tax engagements and provide state tax consulting and compliance services to a diverse client base in various industry sectors. You will continue to grow your technical knowledge in state taxation by working on large complex tax projects, and have access to exceptional resources and continue to develop your supervisory and leadership skills. Responsibilities will include:
- Performing a detailed technical review of partnership and corporate state tax returns and work papers with attention to multistate tax issues such as apportionment, state modifications, nexus, unitary filings, and flow-through taxation.
- Coordinating with an in-house tax preparation team within Deloitte and with the clients’ tax department.
- Performing detailed review of estimated payment and withholding calculations and related filings.
- Researching state tax legislation and assisting with impact on compliance.
- Assisting with various tax consulting projects including research and writing projects related to tax planning, restructuring, due diligence, audit defense, and accounting for income taxes.
- Assisting with engagement workflow management and supervising tax consultants and interns on assigned engagements.
Deloitte’s Multistate Tax Services (MTS) group is the largest State and Local Tax (SALT) practice in the United States with more than 1,000 professionals nationwide. Our Multistate Tax professionals include former state tax auditors and administrators, industry personnel, tax practitioners, accounting specialists, and technology personnel with numerous years of multistate tax experience. Collectively, our team has significant experience with the requirements and nuances of jurisdictions in all 50 states. Our specific services include state income and franchise tax, indirect tax, business restructuring, credits and incentives, sales and use tax outsourcing, excise tax, property tax, state strategic tax review, and state tax controversy.
- 3 - 5 years’ experience in state income and franchise tax; investment management industry is highly preferred
- Preparation and review experience of state income and franchise tax returns
- Experience with state tax planning, tax research, and tax analysis
- Bachelor's degree in accounting, finance, or related field
- CPA certification if qualified to sit for the CPA; if not qualified, licensed attorney, Enrolled Agent, or other appropriate certification(or in the process of obtaining)
- Excellent research and writing skills
- Excellent presentation and communications skills
- Supervisory experience
- Advanced degree such as Masters of Tax, JD and/or LLM
- Previous Big 4 or large CPA firm experience
- Experience working with clients in the Investment Management Industry
How you’ll grow
At Deloitte, our professional development plan focuses on helping people at every level of their career to identify and use their strengths to do their best work every day. From entry-level employees to senior leaders, we believe there’s always room to learn. We offer opportunities to help sharpen skills in addition to hands-on experience in the global, fast-changing business world. From on-the-job learning experiences to formal development programs at Deloitte University, our professionals have a variety of opportunities to continue to grow throughout their career. Explore Deloitte University, The Leadership Center.
At Deloitte, we know that great people make a great organization. We value our people and offer employees a broad range of benefits. Learn more about what working at Deloitte can mean for you.
We take pride in our culture and celebrate individuals by recognizing their uniqueness. As a commitment to our people, we offer well-being programs and provide our professional’s opportunities for support and flexibility to make daily choices that can help them to be healthy, centered, confident, and aware. This supportive culture helps enable our people to do their best work every day. Learn more about Life at Deloitte.
Deloitte is led by a purpose: to make an impact that matters. This purpose defines who we are and extends to relationships with our clients, our people and our communities. We believe that business has the power to inspire and transform. We focus on education, giving, skill-based volunteerism, and leadership to help drive positive social impact in our communities. Learn more about Deloitte’s impact on the world.
We want job seekers exploring opportunities at Deloitte to feel prepared and confident. To help you with your interview, we suggest that you do your research: know some background about the organization and the business area you’re applying to. Check out recruiting tips from Deloitte professionals.
As used in this document, “Deloitte” means Deloitte LLP and its subsidiaries. Please see www.deloitte.com/us/about for a detailed description of the legal structure of Deloitte LLP and its subsidiaries. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability or protected veteran status, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable law.
Disclaimer: If you are
not reviewing this job posting on our Careers’ site (jobs2.deloitte.com) or one of our approved job boards we cannot guarantee the validity of this posting. For a list of our current postings, please visit us at jobs2.deloitte.com.
As used in this posting, “Deloitte” means Deloitte Tax LLP, a subsidiary of Deloitte LLP. Please seewww.deloitte.com/us/about for a detailed description of the legal structure of Deloitte LLP and its subsidiaries. Certain services may not be available to attest clients under the rules and regulations of public accounting.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability or protected veteran status, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable law.
Requisition code: E17NYCTSRSA044-MTS
Back to top