Senior SSAS Developer – Senior Solution Specialist (Federal)
Job Title: SSAS Developer – Senior Solution Specialist
Location: Orlando, FL
Are you an experienced, passionate pioneer in technology – a solutions builder, a roll-up-your-sleeves technologist who wants a daily collaborative environment, think-tank feel and share new ideas with your colleagues - without the extensive demands of travel? If so, consider an opportunity with our US Delivery Center – we are breaking the mold of a typical Delivery Center.
Our US Delivery Centers have been growing since 2014 with significant, continued growth on the horizon. Interested? Read more about our opportunity below …
Analytics + Information Management (A+IM) Service Line
Deloitte Consulting's Analytics + Information Management (A+IM) Service Line designs, develops, and implements strategies, systems and processes to capture, integrate and distribute information in an enterprise to realize the value of information and data assets.
From our centers, we work with Deloitte consultants to design, develop and build solutions to help clients reimagine, reshape and rewire the competitive fabric of entire industries. Our centers house a multitude of specialists, ranging from systems designers, architects and integrators, to creative digital experts, to cyber risk and human capital professionals. All work together on diverse projects from advanced preconfigured solutions and methodologies, to brand-building and campaign management. We are a unique blend of skills and experiences, yet we underline the value of each individual, providing customized career paths, fostering innovation and knowledge development with a focus on quality. The US Delivery Center supports a collaborative team culture where we work and live close to home with limited travel.
How you'll grow
At Deloitte, our professional development plan focuses on helping people at every level of their career to identify and use their strengths to do their best work every day. From entry-level employees to senior leaders, we believe there's always room to learn. We offer opportunities to help sharpen skills in addition to hands-on experience in the global, fast-changing business world. From on-the-job learning experiences to formal development programs, our professionals have a variety of opportunities to continue to grow throughout their career.
At Deloitte, we know that great people make a great organization. We value our people and offer employees a broad range of benefits.
Our positive and supportive culture encourages our people to do their best work every day. We celebrate individuals by recognizing their uniqueness and offering them the flexibility to make daily choices that can help them to be healthy, centered, confident, and aware. We offer well-being programs and are continuously looking for new ways to maintain a culture where our people excel and lead healthy, happy lives.
SSAS Developer – Senior Solution Specialist
- Strong communication skills, both written and oral
- Excellent teamwork and interpersonal skills
- Potential and ability to manage small engagements or work streams within large engagements
- Aptitude for trouble-shooting and problem-solving
- Strong technical skills including understanding of software development principles
- Hands-on programming experience
- Ability to travel up to 25%
- Bachelor's degree, preferably in Management Information Systems, Computer Science, Software Engineering, or related IT discipline
- 8+ years of business intelligence development
- 6+ years of SSAS cube development
- Experience with a large data source view is required
- Solid understanding of ROLAP/MOLAP and Hybrid Cubes
- Performance tuning load and read operations
- Code reviewing DDL/DML/SSAS development
- 6+ years of experience in database/application tuning
- 3+ years data analysis / dimensional modeling / data warehouse design
- 2+ years of practical application of Analytics using MDX/DAX and/or data mining
- Ability to detect and troubleshoot SQL Server related CPU, memory, I/O, disk space, and other resource contention issues
- Experience with Microsoft SQL Server 2014
- Resolve application T-SQL/MDX/DAX related issues
- Perform database administration and database maintenance tasks
- Plan, coordinate, and execute data conversion activities such as data mapping and data conversion programming to support data migrations between systems
- Conduct data mapping: defines data elements, entity relationships, input and output sources, and how data will be transmitted through a proposed system; estimates the type of information to be entered, computed, updated or otherwise used in the system; estimates data volumes
- Able to provide a working model of transaction processing environment for capacity assessment and planning
- Able to prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and adapt to a constantly changing environment
- Excellent organization skills and proven leadership skills.
- Very strong analytical problem solving skills
- US Citizenship required
Deloitte is led by a purpose: to make an impact that matters. This purpose defines who we are and extends to relationships with our clients, our people and our communities. We believe that business has the power to inspire and transform. We focus on education, giving, skill-based volunteerism, and leadership to help drive positive social impact in our communities. Learn more about Deloitte's impact on the world.
We want job seekers exploring opportunities at Deloitte to feel prepared and confident. To help you with your interview, we suggest that you do your research: know some background about the organization and the business area you're applying to. Check out recruiting tips from Deloitte professionals.
Requisition code: E18ORLCSRCNS029-USDC
See Inside the Office of Deloitte
One of the largest professional services organizations in the U.S., Deloitte delivers innovative solutions to the complex business problems facing companies around the world. Deloitte offers rewarding careers in four businesses—audit, tax, consulting, and financial advisory. Widely recognized for its inclusion initiatives, Deloitte is committed to building a workplace environment that allows people from all generations, ethnicities, and cultures to be their authentic selves.
Back to top