Senior Solution Specialist – Data Scientist
Federal Senior Solution Specialist – Data Scientist – USDC
Are you an experienced, passionate pioneer intechnology – someone who gets excited about thepossibilities of turning data into insights on a daily basis in a highlycollaborative environment? Do you like that think-tank feel and ability to share new ideas with yourcolleagues - without the extensive demands of travel? If so, consider anopportunity with our US Delivery Center – we are breaking the mold of a typicalDelivery Center.
Our US Delivery Centers have been growing since 2014with significant, continued growth on the horizon. Interested? Read more aboutour opportunity below …
Work you'll do/Responsibilities
- Lead mission analytics teams on automated techniques to gather data from databases
- Display ability to clean data, transform and load transformed data into finalized structure in accordance with client requirements
- Develop and architect ETL and database solutions across multiple platforms
- Demonstrate ability to extract data through web services/crawlers, direct access, source and relational databases
- Display strong knowledge of Big data and cloud specific to solutions such as Hadoop and Spark
From our centers, we work with Deloitte consultants todesign, develop and build solutions tohelp clients reimagine, reshape and rewire the competitive fabric of entireindustries. Our centers house a multitudeof specialists, ranging from systems designers, architects and integrators, tocreative digital experts, to cyber risk and human capital professionals. Allwork together on diverse projects from advanced preconfigured solutions andmethodologies, to brand-building and campaign management. We are a uniqueblend of skills and experiences, yet we underline the value of each individual,providing customized career paths, fostering innovation and knowledgedevelopment with a focus on quality. The US Delivery Center supports acollaborative team culture where we work and live close to home withlimited travel.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Statistics, Math and or equivalent experience
- 7+ years' of data extraction/manipulation using scripts specific to C, C++, Perl, Python, VBA, PL/SQL, XML, JSON
- Experience in data modeling, analysis, design, development and implementation of complex enterprise data solutions
- 7+ years' of experience with presentation and data analysis software such as: SAS, R, SPSS, MATLAB, Qlikview, Excel and Access
- Experience with cloud services including Hadoop, MR, and Spark
- Ability to troubleshoot and problem solve complex business issues
- Must be a US Citizen
- Must be willing to live and work in the Orlando, FL area
- Experience with BI Tools such as: Informatica, Pentaho, Power Exchange
- Deep visual tools knowledge across multiple platforms: Qlikview, Cognos 8, Cognos CRN and BI modeling
- Data analytics experience in cloud environments such as: Hadoop, ZoomData, Amazon Web Services
- Ability to lead teams to provide efficient solutions on data design and analytics as well as data performance issues
How you'll grow
At Deloitte, our professional developmentplan focuses on helping people at every level of their career to identify anduse their strengths to do their best work every day. From entry-level employeesto senior leaders, we believe there's always room to learn. We offer opportunitiesto help sharpen skills in addition to hands-on experience in the global,fast-changing business world. Fromon-the-job learning experiences to formal development programs, ourprofessionals have a variety of opportunities to continue to grow throughouttheir career.
At Deloitte, we know that great people make a greatorganization. We value our people and offer employees a broad range ofbenefits.
Our positive and supportive culture encourages ourpeople to do their best work every day. We celebrate individuals by recognizingtheir uniqueness and offering them the flexibility to make daily choices thatcan help them to be healthy, centered, confident, and aware. We offerwell-being programs and are continuously looking for new ways to maintain aculture where our people excel and lead healthy, happy lives.
Deloitte is led by a purpose: to make an impact thatmatters. This purpose defines who we are and extends to relationships with our clients,our people and our communities. Webelieve that business has the power to inspire and transform. We focus oneducation, giving, skill-based volunteerism, and leadership to help drivepositive social impact in our communities. Learn moreabout Deloitte's impact on the world.
Wewant job seekers exploring opportunities at Deloitte to feel prepared andconfident. To help you with your interview, we suggest that you do yourresearch: know some background about the organization and the business areayou're applying to. Check outrecruiting tips from Deloitte professionals.
Requisition code: E18ORLCSRCDD012-USDC
See Inside the Office of Deloitte
One of the largest professional services organizations in the U.S., Deloitte delivers innovative solutions to the complex business problems facing companies around the world. Deloitte offers rewarding careers in four businesses—audit, tax, consulting, and financial advisory. Widely recognized for its inclusion initiatives, Deloitte is committed to building a workplace environment that allows people from all generations, ethnicities, and cultures to be their authentic selves.
Back to top