Senior Solution Specialist
Deloitte Consulting LLP seeks a Senior Solution Specialist in Lake Mary, FL and various unanticipated Deloitte office locations and client sites nationally.
Work You'll Do
Assist in providing technology-enabled solutions to clients. Develop and design GUI desktop and online applications utilizing Java Swing framework and J2EE web technologies. Consult with users, management, clients, and technicians to assess computing needs and system requirements. Use Spring, Struts, Java Server Faces, and Hibernate to perform solution development and architect applications. Assist Manager in directing daily operations of department, analyzing workflow, establishing priorities, developing standards and setting deadlines. Utilize Rational Application Developer, Eclipse, and NetBeans IDEs to develop and implement web and desktop application and solutions. Develop web service components to implement cross application communication. Use PL/SQL to work with complex SQL queries, functions, procedures, and triggers for Adhoc reports and data modification. Review and approve all systems charts and programs prior to their implementation. Configure and deploy java applications using Weblogic, Websphere, and JBoss. Develop and execute unit test scripts in layered approach through Junit implementation using Mockito and Power Mock tool. Track changes in application code base utilizing Clearcase, Subversion, CVS, and PVCS. Attend meetings with department heads, managers, supervisors, clients, and others, to solicit cooperation and resolve problems. Implement and configure asynchronous messaging services using IBM MQ, Apache Active MQ, and Weblogic messaging server.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent in Engineering (any), Computer Science, MIS, CIS, or a related field.
- Two years of experience providing IT consulting services to clients on behalf of a global consulting company.
- Must have two years of experience with:
- Developing and designing GUI desktop and online applications utilizing Java Swing framework and J2EE web technologies;
- Using Spring, Struts, Java Server Faces, and Hibernate to perform solution development and design application architecture;
- Utilizing Rational Application Developer, Eclipse, and NetBeans IDEs to develop and implement web and desktop applications and solutions;
- Using PL/SQL to work with complex SQL queries, functions, procedures, and triggers for Adhoc reports and data modification;
- Configuring and deploying Java applications using Weblogic, Websphere, and JBoss;
- Developing and executing unit test scripts in layered approach through Junit implementation using Mockito and Power Mock tool;
- Tracking changes in application code base utilizing Clearcase, Subversion, CVS, and PVCS; and
- Implementing and configuring asynchronous messaging services using IBM MQ, Apache Active MQ, and Weblogic messaging servers.
- 15% travel required.
At Deloitte, we know that great people make a great organization. We value our people and offer employees a broad range of benefits. Learn more about what working at Deloitte can mean for you.
Our positive and supportive culture encourages our people to do their best work every day. We celebrate individuals by recognizing their uniqueness and offering them the flexibility to make daily choices that can help them to be healthy, centered, confident, and aware. We offer well-being programs and are continuously looking for new ways to maintain a culture where our people excel and lead healthy, happy lives. Learn more about Life at Deloitte.
Deloitte is led by a purpose: to make an impact that matters. This purpose defines who we are and extends to relationships with our clients, our people and our communities. We believe that business has the power to inspire and transform. We focus on education, giving, skill-based volunteerism, and leadership to help drive positive social impact in our communities. Learn more about Deloitte's impact on the world.
We want job seekers exploring opportunities at Deloitte to feel prepared and confident. To help you with your interview, we suggest that you do your research: know some background about the organization and the business area you're applying to. We also suggest that you brush up on your behavioral and case interviewing skills and practice discussing your experience and job history with a family member, friend, or mentor. Check out recruiting tips from Deloitte professionals.
Requisition code: XTSI18FC0717LMF2
See Inside the Office of Deloitte
One of the largest professional services organizations in the U.S., Deloitte delivers innovative solutions to the complex business problems facing companies around the world. Deloitte offers rewarding careers in four businesses—audit, tax, consulting, and financial advisory. Widely recognized for its inclusion initiatives, Deloitte is committed to building a workplace environment that allows people from all generations, ethnicities, and cultures to be their authentic selves.
Back to top