Senior Solution Engineer, Technology, Technology Strategy & Architecture
Deloitte Consulting LLP seeks a Senior Solution Engineer, Technology, Technology Strategy & Architecture in Lake Mary, FL and various unanticipated Deloitte office locations and client sites nationally.
Work You'll Do
Function as an integrator between business needs and Performance Management technology solutions and create data management solutions to meet clients' business needs. Work within an engagement team and identify business requirements, requirements management, functional design, prototyping, process design, testing, and training, define support procedures and support implementations. Facilitate workshops with clients and conduct detailed analysis of requirements and design documentation to identify functional or technical gaps. Analyze and perform a fit-gap analysis between proposed functional design and current functional processes. Work with a team of developers to both produce new components and resolve defects through a standard defect resolution process. Conduct basic level of validation testing on development activities to ensure quality. Install, configure, administer, tune and troubleshoot Oracle Value Chain Products including Advanced Supply Chain Planning (ASCP), Rapid Planning (RP), Advanced Planning Command Center (APCC) and Demantra. Tune and test engineered systems, including Exadata, Supercluster and Exalogic components using Database Request Module (DBRM) and I/O Resource Management (IORM). Administer databases and perform backup and recovery by troubleshooting Real Application Cluster (RAC) issues and controlling resources using Server Control (SRVCTL) and Clusterware Control (CRSCTL) in Oracle 11g, 12c and RAC. Review targets using "Out of the box" and user defined metrics in Oracle Enterprise Manager (OEM) 12c. Configure Oracle Enterprise E-Business Suite (EBS) applications to connect database for faster response utilizing InfiniBand (IB) Listeners. Support in planning and designing disaster recovery solutions to protect customer data by utilizing Oracle Data Guard. Install, clone, troubleshoot and tune EBS 12.2.5 patching, 12c Container Database (CDB), Pluggable Databases (PDBs) and AD Online Patching (ADOP) cycle issues using ADOP and DualFS. Configure and install Oracle webcache to use as a reverse proxy.
- Bachelor's degree or foreign equivalent degree in Computer Science, Computer Information Systems (CIS), Engineering (any), Management Information Systems (MIS) or a related field.
- Two years of experience providing IT consulting services to clients on behalf of a global consulting company.
- Must have two years of experience with:
- Installing, configuring, administering, tuning and troubleshooting Oracle Value Chain Products including ASCP, RP, APCC and Demantra;
- Tuning and testing engineered systems, including Exadata, Supercluster and Exalogic components using DBRM and IORM;
- Administering databases and performing backup and recovery by troubleshooting RAC issues and controlling resources using SRVCTL and CRSCTL in Oracle 11g, 12c and RAC;
- Reviewing targets using "Out of the box" and user defined metrics in OEM 12c;
- Configuring EBS applications to connect database for faster response utilizing IB Listeners;
- Supporting the planning and designing of disaster recovery solutions to protect customer data by utilizing Oracle Data Guard;
- Installing, cloning, troubleshooting and tuning EBS 12.2.5 patching, 12c CDB, PDBs and ADOP cycle issues using ADOP and DualFS; and
- Configuring and installing Oracle webcache to use as a reverse proxy.
- 15% travel required.
At Deloitte, we know that great people make a great organization. We value our people and offer employees a broad range of benefits. Learn more about what working at Deloitte can mean for you.
Our positive and supportive culture encourages our people to do their best work every day. We celebrate individuals by recognizing their uniqueness and offering them the flexibility to make daily choices that can help them to be healthy, centered, confident, and aware. We offer well-being programs and are continuously looking for new ways to maintain a culture where our people excel and lead healthy, happy lives. Learn more about Life at Deloitte.
Deloitte is led by a purpose: to make an impact that matters. This purpose defines who we are and extends to relationships with our clients, our people and our communities. We believe that business has the power to inspire and transform. We focus on education, giving, skill-based volunteerism, and leadership to help drive positive social impact in our communities. Learn more about Deloitte's impact on the world.
We want job seekers exploring opportunities at Deloitte to feel prepared and confident. To help you with your interview, we suggest that you do your research: know some background about the organization and the business area you're applying to. We also suggest that you brush up on your behavioral and case interviewing skills and practice discussing your experience and job history with a family member, friend, or mentor. Check out recruiting tips from Deloitte professionals.
Requisition code: XGGS18FC0817LMF16
See Inside the Office of Deloitte
One of the largest professional services organizations in the U.S., Deloitte delivers innovative solutions to the complex business problems facing companies around the world. Deloitte offers rewarding careers in four businesses—audit, tax, consulting, and financial advisory. Widely recognized for its inclusion initiatives, Deloitte is committed to building a workplace environment that allows people from all generations, ethnicities, and cultures to be their authentic selves.
Back to top