Senior Solution Engineer
Deloitte Consulting LLP seeks a Senior Solution Engineer in Lake Mary, FL and various unanticipated Deloitte office locations and client sites nationally.
Work You’ll Do
Under supervision, deliver and deploy custom developed applications for clients, including prototyping, code development, modularization, unit testing, performance testing, configuration and defect management, and production deployment. Work within an engagement team and is responsible for identifying business requirements, requirements management, functional design, prototyping, process design (including scenario design, flow mapping), testing, training, defining support procedures and supporting implementations. Assist with performing full system development life cycle implementations. Perform business process analysis, mapping, and design. Analyze and perform current state system analysis. Perform conceptual and technical designs, including the use of object-oriented analysis and design techniques. Perform analysis, design, coding and testing of J2EE applications using WebSphere and WebLogic platforms. Write unit and integration tests within Junit and Mockito frameworks to provide test coverage. Analyze and translate business requirements to technical requirements and architecture for implementation using IBM Rational Software Architect tool. Implement Agile/XP practices, including Continuous Integration, Test Driven Development, Iterative Development, Refactoring and pair programming, for software product development. Utilize JAX-WS and integration testing for integration with backend web services. Implement J2EE design patterns, including MVC (Model View Control framework), Factory, Singleton, Business Delegate, Service Locator and DAO to develop enterprise J2EE applications.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in Engineering (any), Computer Science, MIS, CIS or a related field.
- Two years of experience providing IT consulting services to clients on behalf of a global consulting company.
- Must have two years of experience with:
- Performing the analysis, design, coding and testing of J2EE applications using WebSphere and WebLogic platforms;
- Writing unit and integration tests within Junit and Mockito frameworks to provide test coverage;
- Analyzing and translating business requirements to technical requirements and architecture for implementation using IBM Rational Software Architect tool;
- Implementing Agile/XP practices, including Continuous Integration, Test Driven Development, Iterative Development, Refactoring and pair programming, for software product development;
- Utilizing JAX-WS and integration testing for integration with backend web services; and
- Implementing J2EE design patterns, including MVC (Model View Control framework), Factory, Singleton, Business Delegate, Service Locator and DAO to develop enterprise J2EE applications
- 15% travel required.
At Deloitte, we know that great people make a great organization. We value our people and offer employees a broad range of benefits. Learn more about what working at Deloitte can mean for you.
Our positive and supportive culture encourages our people to do their best work every day. We celebrate individuals by recognizing their uniqueness and offering them the flexibility to make daily choices that can help them to be healthy, centered, confident, and aware. We offer well-being programs and are continuously looking for new ways to maintain a culture where our people excel and lead healthy, happy lives. Learn more about Life at Deloitte.
Deloitte is led by a purpose: to make an impact that matters. This purpose defines who we are and extends to relationships with our clients, our people and our communities. We believe that business has the power to inspire and transform. We focus on education, giving, skill-based volunteerism, and leadership to help drive positive social impact in our communities. Learn more about Deloitte’s impact on the world.
We want job seekers exploring opportunities at Deloitte to feel prepared and confident. To help you with your interview, we suggest that you do your research: know some background about the organization and the business area you’re applying to. We also suggest that you brush up on your behavioral and case interviewing skills and practice discussing your experience and job history with a family member, friend, or mentor. Check out recruiting tips from Deloitte professionals.
Requisition code: XTSI17FC1216LMF12
See Inside the Office of Deloitte
One of the largest professional services organizations in the U.S., Deloitte delivers innovative solutions to the complex business problems facing companies around the world. Deloitte offers rewarding careers in four businesses—audit, tax, consulting, and financial advisory. Widely recognized for its inclusion initiatives, Deloitte is committed to building a workplace environment that allows people from all generations, ethnicities, and cultures to be their authentic selves.
Back to top