Senior Solution Engineer
Deloitte Consulting LLP seeks a Senior Solution Engineer in Pittsburgh, PA and various unanticipated Deloitte office locations and client sites nationally.
Work You’ll Do
Assist in providing technology-enabled solutions to clients. Use resource matrix to identify and allocate resources for proper project implementation and support business development activities. Consult with users, management, clients, and technicians to assess computing needs and system requirements. Design and develop Metadata Modelings to report and dashboard across platforms utilizing Framework Manager. Assist Manager in directing daily operations of department, analyzing workflow, establishing priorities, developing standards and setting deadlines. Utilize Cognos Transformer to design and develop multidimensional cubes to make strategical decisions and compare yearly sales and growth of a company. Stay abreast of advances in technology. Develop computer information resources, providing for data security and control, strategic computing, and disaster recovery. Design and develop canned reports and implement functionality in reporting using Query, Report, Analysis, Event, and Metric Studio. Review and approve all systems charts and programs prior to their implementation. Track performance of companies and specific groups by designing and developing Metric Scripts and creating KPI reports using Cognos Metrics Designer and Cognos Metrics Studio. Assist in evaluating the organization’s technology use and needs and recommend improvements, such as hardware and software upgrades. Write complex SQL, optimize existing queries, and test reports to help business debug the data issues by running query against the database by utilizing Oracle, DB2, and Microsoft SQL server. Attend meetings with department heads, managers, supervisors, clients, and others, to solicit cooperation and resolve problems.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in Engineering (any), Business Administration, MIS, CIS or a related field.
- Two years of experience providing IT consulting services to clients on behalf of a global consulting company.
- Must have two years of experience with:
- Using resource matrix to identify and allocate resources for proper project implementation and support business development activities;
- Designing and developing Metadata Modelings to report and dashboard across platforms utilizing Framework Manager;
- Utilizing Cognos Transformer to design and develop multidimensional cubes to make strategical decisions and compare yearly sales and growth of a company;
- Designing and developing canned reports and implement functionality in reporting using Query, Report, Analysis, Event, and Metric Studio;
- Tracking performance of companies and specific groups by designing and developing Metric Scripts and creating KPI reports using Cognos Metrics Designer and Cognos Metrics Studio; and
- Writing complex SQL, optimize existing queries, and testing reports to help business debug the data issues by running query against the database by utilizing Oracle, DB2, and Microsoft SQL server.
- The employer will accept three years of university-level study plus two years of IT experience in meeting the Bachelor’s degree requirement.
- 80% travel required.
At Deloitte, we know that great people make a great organization. We value our people and offer employees a broad range of benefits. Learn more about what working at Deloitte can mean for you.
Our positive and supportive culture encourages our people to do their best work every day. We celebrate individuals by recognizing their uniqueness and offering them the flexibility to make daily choices that can help them to be healthy, centered, confident, and aware. We offer well-being programs and are continuously looking for new ways to maintain a culture where our people excel and lead healthy, happy lives. Learn more about Life at Deloitte.
Deloitte is led by a purpose: to make an impact that matters. This purpose defines who we are and extends to relationships with our clients, our people and our communities. We believe that business has the power to inspire and transform. We focus on education, giving, skill-based volunteerism, and leadership to help drive positive social impact in our communities. Learn more about Deloitte’s impact on the world.
We want job seekers exploring opportunities at Deloitte to feel prepared and confident. To help you with your interview, we suggest that you do your research: know some background about the organization and the business area you’re applying to. We also suggest that you brush up on your behavioral and case interviewing skills and practice discussing your experience and job history with a family member, friend, or mentor. Check out recruiting tips from Deloitte professionals.
Requisition code: XTSI17FC0117PIT1
See Inside the Office of Deloitte
One of the largest professional services organizations in the U.S., Deloitte delivers innovative solutions to the complex business problems facing companies around the world. Deloitte offers rewarding careers in four businesses—audit, tax, consulting, and financial advisory. Widely recognized for its inclusion initiatives, Deloitte is committed to building a workplace environment that allows people from all generations, ethnicities, and cultures to be their authentic selves.
Back to top